OFFICIAL Coaching carousel 2022/2023 version

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He seems to be; and I hope so.

Man, the tone of that conversation changed in an instant. This guy hated Lamar Hunt, and commented if I ‘only knew’. The setting was such that I felt it was better to not pursue the topic.

That little aside, from a fan point of view, I have always held the Hunt family in good regard.

I’m sure it had something to do with Lamar Hunt back channeling the deal with Pete Rozelle. I know Al Davis was piping mad at Hunt including other owners for allowing Rozelle
to be the commissioner. That could have been some of the reasons.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Every to the Panthers.

Fucking Colts hurry up and hire Raheem. We're losing out on all the top candidates who are immensely better than him

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Every to the Panthers.

Fucking Colts hurry up and hire Raheem. We're losing out on all the top candidates who are immensely better than him
Yes I agree, if Morris is hired last minute, I hope the Colts are a disaster. Not because I want Morris to fail but because Irsay will be a piece of shit for making us wait this long if that ends up being the case.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
How does Schottenhiemer still get OC gigs. Has he ever been good anywhere he goes?
Demeco Ryans just got a HC job, its not necessarily about in vogue. Flores is a good coach, and worthy candidate to run a club. I understand there is the issue of the lawsuit and how that would affect things, but at the same time it could also help put it behind as well.

Totally agree and the NFL still has a long way to go on this, but I think Brian Flores would be a good Head Coach and if the Colts hire Saturday after a 1-7 record be prepared for the vitriol and it will be well deserved. Jim Irsay needs to stop getting involved in football decisions.
@dieterbrock and @den-the-coach.

I’m not doubting Flores coaching ability. He did very well with a subpar Dolphins team in his short head coaching stint. He couldn’t get the offense rolling though. I just think a bunch of rich old guys have big egos and most wouldn’t give him a shot after how the Miami job ended. Now as a DC, a newer owner like Kroenke should have no trouble with hiring him.

But as a head coach we just saw what a good defensive head coach’s team looks like without a good offensive mind to go with it in New England. We just saw the Bills take a step back without Dabol. We also are watching Staley struggle without a good offense. It’s not a guarantee that teams don’t want defensive minded head coaches but in a league driven by offense, and seeing how quickly teams can lose a good OC to head coaching jobs, I’d say offensive head coaches are the current trend.

Houston and the Jets have been a mess for years. I wouldn’t use either as a standard.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I’m sure it had something to do with Lamar Hunt back channeling the deal with Pete Rozelle. I know Al Davis was piping mad at Hunt including other owners for allowing Rozelle
to be the commissioner. That could have been some of the reasons.
I guess it's possible. Thought it might have been more of a Dallas / Kansas City thing.

This guy was a proud Texan, and had his start in the Cowboys' organization in the 1980s.

My understanding is that Lamar Hunt wanted an NFL franchise in Dallas, and it was a real possibility but the NFL, which was exploding in popularity, delayed on expansion. That's when Hunt organized the AFL; and his franchise was the Dallas Texans.

The NFL responded with expansion teams in Dallas and Minnesota; and that was a huge factor in Hunt relocating to Kansas City because he knew competing with an NFL franchise in Dallas was not the best of business plans.

Anyway, I'm old but even that stuff pre-dates me, so I could be off.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The NFL responded with expansion teams in Dallas and Minnesota; and that was a huge factor in Hunt relocating to Kansas City because he knew competing with an NFL franchise in Dallas was not the best of business plans.

Anyway, I'm old but even that stuff pre-dates me, so I could be off.
I could see that & it doesn’t matter if it predates you, it’s history. NFL jumped quick though so Lamar gained their attention. I always felt Lamar Hunt was a class act & Al Davis was more of an in your face when comparing the two. Regardless Clark Hunt appears to be class all the way & because he was playing with a Super Ball as a kid, that’s how Lamar Hunt came up with “Super Bowl” and how can you not love that?

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Screenshot_20230205-181655.png

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Irsay is an idiot if he hires Saturday.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Damn. Nice hire by O'Connell.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Benton: me likey. Going after the Shitters line expertise. Hope he gets the gig.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
McVay offspring doing his best to improve defense while McVay babies fucking Morris.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto