OFFICIAL Coaching carousel 2022/2023 version

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Then he must not think much of him. Why should the Rams hire him for DC?
He actually coached a legit good defense and multiple teams have tried to interview him but the Broncos denied them prior to Asshole Face taking the job. He was an upcoming coach with us and was even considered for some HC positions. He'd be an excellent DC hire. Broncos had the #7 overall defense even though their offense was shitty.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I don't think there's a bad option with Flores and Evero both are good the only down side is both could be HC options very soon so you'd be looking again.
We seem to be looking every year ourselves anyways so at least we'd get picks if we end up in that situation of picking between those two and they later for hired as a HC. And yes, I know Minnesota is interviewing both but mentioned our Rams simply because there is a small chance Morris is hired as the Colts HC.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We seem to be looking every year ourselves anyways so at least we'd get picks if we end up in that situation of picking between those two and they later for hired as a HC. And yes, I know Minnesota is interviewing both but mentioned our Rams simply because there is a small chance Morris is hired as the Colts HC.
You only get picks if they're here for two years.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Depends. Would have to think Flores would be a 1 and done if he were to get Minnesota D back on track.
It would be cool to get the draft picks and all, but would be back to square 1 at the same time.
Maybe but defensive head coaches aren't in vogue, plus I wonder if ratting out Miami's owner sat well with the rest of the league. I'd bet he won't get a head coaching job for quite some time.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I’d go for Flores over Evero
Agreed Elm. Flores just due to the Belichick education but he's very good in his own right. Also I like that owners are probably pissed at him for outing one of their own for trying to lose games.

He's got some serious fire to him I dig that. Would love him as our DC.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Agreed Elm. Flores just due to the Belichick education but he's very good in his own right. Also I like that owners are probably pissed at him for outing one of their own for trying to lose games.

He's got some serious fire to him I dig that. Would love him as our DC.

Mike Tomlin took him in when things were tough on Flores.I’ll just wait for Mcvay to fill his staff,before I get to he said she said thoughts. Just saying I wouldn’t throw anything really out.My patience on Raheem Morris’s future is killing me. I check all the time. Should happen by Tuesday though.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Indianapolis Colts ‘expected’ to hire Jeff Saturday as head coach​

The Indianapolis Colts coaching search is one of the longest in NFL history, but interim coach Jeff Saturday reportedly remains the front-runner to keep the job.

Saturday, whose only prior coaching experience occurred at the high school level, replaced Frank Reich on Nov. 7. A member of the Colts Ring of Honor and an advisor to the organization while he worked as an NFL analyst for ESPN, Saturday was hand-picked by owner Jim Irsay.

Irsay hired Saturday as interim coach against strong objections from team executives, who wanted to hire a more qualified coach to take over for the remainder of the season. While general manager Chris Ballard has led the Colts’ coaching search, many around the NFL believe the process is all being led to end with Saturday keeping the job.

Ballard interviewed more than a dozen NFL coaching candidates, with Irsay’s daughter Carlie-Irsay Gordon heavily involved in the process. After the Colts’ owner sat out the first round of interviews, outside of the meeting with Saturday, he has now met with finalists for the job.

The Colts are now conducting an unprecedented third round of coaching interviews, coming at a time when three NFL teams have already hired head coaches. While the process is still ongoing, the final decision will be made by the Colts’ owner and it’s believed he already has a decision in mind heading into the final interviews.

According to Ben Solak of The Ringer, NFL personnel expect the Colts to name Saturday as their head coach with Irsay pushing the move.

“While it appears from the outside that the Colts are undergoing an extensive search, my sense from speaking to league personnel and people close to the Colts’ search is that team owner Jim Irsay wants to hire interim head coach Jeff Saturday as the permanent head coach, and that is the expected outcome.”

Ben Solak on the Indianapolis Colts’ coaching search, Jeff Saturday

Possible ramifications if Indianapolis Colts hire Jeff Saturday

The situation is likely being monitored closely by NFL officials. Amid an active lawsuit from Brian Flores and other NFL coaches alleging discriminatory hiring practices by teams, Indianapolis is poised to hire one of the most underqualified coaches in modern NFL history.

A year after NFL commissioner Roger Goodell sent a memo to teams blasting the ‘unacceptable’ hiring results, the league now stares down the likelihood of Saturday remaining the Colts’ coach.

Indianapolis ended the season with seven consecutive losses and it had the worst point differential in the NFL during Saturday’s eight-game tenure.

There remains strong opposition within the Colts’ front office to Saturday keeping the job. The length of the search has left many NFL personnel with the belief that Ballard is trying to find a quality candidate who will appeal to Irsay.

However, the Colts’ owner believes Saturday can be a great head coach-long term and his long-standing relationship with the former center is shaping his decision.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What a laughing stock of an organization if they actually hire him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe but defensive head coaches aren't in vogue, plus I wonder if ratting out Miami's owner sat well with the rest of the league. I'd bet he won't get a head coaching job for quite some time.
Demeco Ryans just got a HC job, its not necessarily about in vogue. Flores is a good coach, and worthy candidate to run a club. I understand there is the issue of the lawsuit and how that would affect things, but at the same time it could also help put it behind as well.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Demeco Ryans just got a HC job, its not necessarily about in vogue. Flores is a good coach, and worthy candidate to run a club. I understand there is the issue of the lawsuit and how that would affect things, but at the same time it could also help put it behind as well.
Totally agree and the NFL still has a long way to go on this, but I think Brian Flores would be a good Head Coach and if the Colts hire Saturday after a 1-7 record be prepared for the vitriol and it will be well deserved. Jim Irsay needs to stop getting involved in football decisions.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
One of my long-standing life opinions is that There is Nothing Worse Than a Rich Man's Son.

Aside from the qualities and traits that come with extreme, life-long privilege, they are almost universally Arrogant and Stupid; and that arrogance prevents them from accepting fault and learning from mistakes ... because they don't believe they make any.

Jim Irsay would be an example.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
One of my long-standing life opinions is that There is Nothing Worse Than a Rich Man's Son.

Aside from the qualities and traits that come with extreme, life-long privilege, they are almost universally Arrogant and Stupid; and that arrogance prevents them from accepting fault and learning from mistakes ... because they don't believe they make any.

Jim Irsay would be an example.
Clark Hunt would be the antithesis.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Clark Hunt would be the antithesis.
He seems to be; and I hope so.

Years ago, I was a guest at a dinner party of an acquaintance of my wife; and the husband of one of the host’s friends was an executive with the Miami Dolphins.

Another husband and I talked to this guy for over an hour. We were all life-long fans of the NFL. At one point we were discussing the AFL and the merger, and I was very complimentary in a comment about Clark’s father, Lamar Hunt.

Man, the tone of that conversation changed in an instant. This guy hated Lamar Hunt, and commented if I ‘only knew’. The setting was such that I felt it was better to not pursue the topic.

That little aside, from a fan point of view, I have always held the Hunt family in good regard.