OFFICIAL Coaching carousel 2022/2023 version

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Let's be fair, what else do you want them to do? I agree it sucks, but Steichen is deserving plus the owner & gm have not been on the page. So Steichen appears to be the compromise candidate and they have to wait until after the Super Bowl to hire him.
I know but I could care less about being fair as it could cost us a DC candidate if Morris is hired. I'm mostly just venting about that since it'd be nice to have the staff set so the Rams can focus on other things

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Regarding the Colts, my guess is that Jim Irsay is kicking and screaming for NFL Network's Kyle Brandt. He played RB at Princeton, is very passionate about football and was on MTV's Real World which is Irsay's all-time-favorite show.

It has not not happened yet because every knowledgeable football person in the Colts' Organization is physically holding Irsay down until he comes to his senses but that guy is Bat-Shit-Crazy.
Sad part is this could be very true.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
That's silly
If the Rams think Morris has a legit shot, they already have a contingency plan
Yes I know they do but contingency plans can change if those contingencies get other offers as we wait. Let's just say (I know it's not quite as serious) but our contingency plan for Von Miller sucked ass last year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes I know they do but contingency plans can change if those contingencies get other offers as we wait. Let's just say (I know it's not quite as serious) but our contingency plan for Von Miller sucked ass last year.
Apples to oranges. Morris is openly interviewing so Rams have opportunity to chat with other folks about their DC spot if it becomes open. Couldnt have those convos with players. That's why its a contingency plan, and who knows? Could be the contingency is @den-the-coach plan

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Fair post, and I am not trying to convince you or others differently but more to express an opinion.

And being "entertaining" has nothing to do with it. As I stated above, "Not the ones that are entertained ... that's a matter of personal choice." Like crazy people who put pineapple on pizza.

I put Cowherd in the same group as Bayless and Screaming A. Smith.

Admittedly, I don't watch or listen to any of them; and have not for years. I only think of them when there's a post about something they said, or I hear audio played on another show. Like the other day when the sports morning show I was watching played two clips from Cowherd last week where he expressed the exact opposite opinion, on the exact same topic, within 72 hours.

For me, it simply goes to credibility ... or, what I perceive as a complete lack thereof.

I don't believe THEY BELIEVE what they say. They just say shit to get Attention and Ratings.

It's Calculated, Manipulative and Fake. In fact 'lack of credibility' and 'fake' are the exact words I used above.

Cowherd lost me years ago with the A.J. Burnett story.

Now, these guys will apologize ... as Cowherd did in his irresponsible comments on A.J. Burnett ... but even that's calculated and manipulative. I just think these guys are fake, and I don't respect that.

You asked a fair question about who defines "Legit". I think of hosts like Rich Eisen and Mike Greenberg. Maybe I need a more "Middle-of-the-Road" take. When Cowherd says something irresponsible (Burnett) or completely inconsistent (Rodgers), I can't un-hear it; and I tend to remember it.

I also asked a fair question above (NOT to anyone specific). I still wonder, and will remove the word "legit".
Do Colin Cowherd fans, viewers and listeners, pay attention to what he says?
I ask this just out of curiosity. When he contradicted himself last week, did his fans notice or care.
I already said it. Cowherd has good sources. That’s the most valuable part of his show. He does have some good ideas now and then too. Instead of checking out all of the shows I can check Cowherd’s YouTube clips.

Lumping him in with Bayless is a stretch. Bayless is a total shock jock. He has no sources, he just spews whatever opinions get reactions. He’s like Jerry Springer.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Apples to oranges. Morris is openly interviewing so Rams have opportunity to chat with other folks about their DC spot if it becomes open. Couldnt have those convos with players. That's why its a contingency plan, and who knows? Could be the contingency is @den-the-coach plan
Lol....ok, you convinced me. Just fire Morris and hire den-the-coach.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sad part is this could be very true
Regarding the Colts, my guess is that Jim Irsay is kicking and screaming for NFL Network's Kyle Brandt. He played RB at Princeton, is very passionate about football and was on MTV's Real World which is Irsay's all-time-favorite show.

It has not not happened yet because every knowledgeable football person in the Colts' Organization is physically holding Irsay down until he comes to his senses but that guy is Bat-Shit-Crazy.

I already said it. Cowherd has good sources. That’s the most valuable part of his show. He does have some good ideas now and then too. Instead of checking out all of the shows I can check Cowherd’s YouTube clips.

Lumping him in with Bayless is a stretch. Bayless is a total shock jock. He has no sources, he just spews whatever opinions get reactions. He’s like Jerry Springer.
I like Cowherd although I've listened to him on both sides plenty, however, more good then bad. In all my years I've only liked one person named Skip and his surname is not Bayless.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I’m fine with Cowherd. He was better on radio though.
They all got worse when they put their talking heads on tv.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
IMG_20230122_185642.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d go for Flores over Evero
Depends. Would have to think Flores would be a 1 and done if he were to get Minnesota D back on track.
It would be cool to get the draft picks and all, but would be back to square 1 at the same time.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Depends. Would have to think Flores would be a 1 and done if he were to get Minnesota D back on track.
It would be cool to get the draft picks and all, but would be back to square 1 at the same time.
Good points. I like Flores as he runs a high risk high reward defense that would get the most out of our weak OLBs and dial up turnover opportunities for Ramsey.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think there's a bad option with Flores and Evero both are good the only down side is both could be HC options very soon so you'd be looking again.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Evero was the DC in Denver for 1 year, was it really that great of a year? Why is Denver willing to let him walk?