OFFICIAL Coaching carousel 2022/2023 version

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
He's a little problem
Fuck Kyler Murray. He's the reason why I have a country song by Alan Jackson called "Little Bitty" on my iPhone. I'm just sad that the hate video (with that song during most of the Rams parts) that showed him getting sacked, throwing needless picks, and running around like a Satanic chicken with its head guillotined off was taken down by YouTube. Probably Kyler Murray's alternate accounts bitched about it to the YouTube overlords.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Steve Harvey Reaction GIF
It's the Texans. He's gonna end up getting fucked.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's the Texans. He's gonna end up getting fucked.
When I saw the video, I thought about the life cycle of a HC. What a ride.

He is at at a peak right now. Optimism is high. The job is going to be a lot of fun the next 7 months.

Then the games start.

If he wins, that high will extend another year.

If he loses, the optimism fades fast. The new HC shine is gone.

Eventually he gets fired.

Cycle repeat.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

How the Colts' lengthy coaching search could impact the Rams​

There were only five head coaching jobs available this offseason and no team is doing more due diligence than the Indianapolis Colts. They’ve already interviewed several candidates twice, and they’re now considering doing a third round of meetings.

It’s rare for a team to interview a coach three times, but Chris Ballard and Jim Irsay want to make sure they get this hire right.

The Colts’ head coaching search seems completely unrelated to the Rams, but there is a connection between the two teams. Rams defensive coordinator Raheem Morris is a finalist for the job and has reportedly done “very well” in the interview process, making him “certainly one to watch.”

The Colts fired interviewed Morris on January 13, so the Rams have been uncertain about his future for three weeks. That’s prevented them from looking at other candidates to potentially fill the vacancy if Morris gets hired by the Colts.

Jim Schwartz is now off the market, as is Vic Fangio. And in Denver, defensive coordinator Ejiro Evero is talking to Asshole Face about possibly staying on the coaching staff. Evero would be a natural fit in Los Angeles, returning to McVay’s staff as the defensive coordinator if Morris leaves.

Unfortunately, the Broncos may decide to keep Evero before the Rams even find out whether they have to replace Morris.

Steve Wilks is another coach on the market who would be a great hire by the Rams, but he could be picked up by another team – like the 49ers, who will interview him – before the Rams get a chance to talk to him.

McVay would be thrilled for Morris if he does get hired by the Colts. But he would probably rather not have to replace his defensive coordinator again, especially with the job Morris has done the last two years.

The quicker the Colts can pick their next head coach, the quicker the Rams can sort out their staff.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The only problem I have with believing the accuracy of this report is ... 'Cowherd said'
I was just watching the Boomer & Gio Show, and they played two clips from Colin Cowherd three days apart ... January 24th and January 27th. The topic was the FIT of Aaron Rodgers to the New York Jets.

On Tuesday, January 24th, Colin Cowherd passionately explained how Rodgers was a perfect fit for the Jets.
On Friday, January 27th, Colin Cowherd passionately explained how Rodgers was a terrible fit for the Jets.

THAT'S Colin Cowherd. Zero credibility. Total fucking fake.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was just watching the Boomer & Gio Show, and they played two clips from Colin Cowherd three days apart ... January 24th and January 27th. The topic was the FIT of Aaron Rodgers to the New York Jets.

On Tuesday, January 24th, Colin Cowherd passionately explained how Rodgers was a perfect fit for the Jets.
On Friday, January 27th, Colin Cowherd passionately explained how Rodgers was a terrible fit for the Jets.

THAT'S Colin Cowherd. Zero credibility. Total fucking fake.
I was listening to them on my way in to work, and that piece was hysterical
Not only did he flip from being a perfect fit to a terrible fit, his reason was the exact same!
Perfect, because they have a roster of players with affordable rookie contracts and can easily afford to pay Rodgers, then he was a terrible fit because......
He's EXPENSIVE!!!!!!
Cant make it up

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I was listening to them on my way in to work, and that piece was hysterical
Not only did he flip from being a perfect fit to a terrible fit, his reason was the exact same!
Perfect, because they have a roster of players with affordable rookie contracts and can easily afford to pay Rodgers, then he was a terrible fit because......
He's EXPENSIVE!!!!!!
Cant make it up
Trying to understand Cowherd's faithful viewers and fans.

Not the ones that are entertained ... that's a matter of personal choice.

But the ones that think he is legit. Do they not pay attention to what he says?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Directing this indirectly at me? Just @my name. So you found an inconsistency. That’s never happened with NFL talk shows before. :eyeroll:

Cowherd owns up to his mistakes. He also listens to other people that change his mind. I’ve seen Nick Wright, Asshole Face and Joel Klatt change his mind. It’s better than Batshit Bayless and most others know it alls, that never back down on opinions. I imagine it’s not easy to talk about the same stuff day after day. Maybe you should have a show. I wonder how popular it would be.

You don’t have to listen to Cowherd. But you are not changing my mind. He has good sources and a lot of accurate info.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Directing this indirectly at me? ...
Not at all. Never even thought of you when I made the past two posts about Colin Cowherd.

I have been critical of Cowherd for a long time and have numerous posts to that affect. They go back long before our short exchange from a week ago.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not at all. Never even thought of you when I made the past two posts about Colin Cowherd.

I have been critical of Cowherd for a long time and have numerous posts to that affect. They go back long before our short exchange from a week ago.
Are there any sports talk personalities that you fo like?

It seems a person could pick apart every one of them in one way or another.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

For me, Cowherd was the local sports guy on NBC in Portland. So he and I go way back. I think he's entertaining and even though I know he's a Shecock homer, he tends to be pretty open and fair.
His takes are not always accurate but I don't think you could point to anyone who really hits on a vast majority of their takes.

To me, he's entertaining and has some decent insight at times. Tell me who defines "legit" to you. And it needs to be someone who is similar in position - not some local hack.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I think he's entertaining and ... tends to be pretty open and fair. His takes are not always accurate but I don't think you could point to anyone who really hits on a vast majority of their takes.

Tell me who defines "legit" to you.

Fair post, and I am not trying to convince you or others differently but more to express an opinion.

And being "entertaining" has nothing to do with it. As I stated above, "Not the ones that are entertained ... that's a matter of personal choice." Like crazy people who put pineapple on pizza.

I put Cowherd in the same group as Bayless and Screaming A. Smith.

Admittedly, I don't watch or listen to any of them; and have not for years. I only think of them when there's a post about something they said, or I hear audio played on another show. Like the other day when the sports morning show I was watching played two clips from Cowherd last week where he expressed the exact opposite opinion, on the exact same topic, within 72 hours.

For me, it simply goes to credibility ... or, what I perceive as a complete lack thereof.

I don't believe THEY BELIEVE what they say. They just say shit to get Attention and Ratings.

It's Calculated, Manipulative and Fake. In fact 'lack of credibility' and 'fake' are the exact words I used above.

Cowherd lost me years ago with the A.J. Burnett story.

Now, these guys will apologize ... as Cowherd did in his irresponsible comments on A.J. Burnett ... but even that's calculated and manipulative. I just think these guys are fake, and I don't respect that.

You asked a fair question about who defines "Legit". I think of hosts like Rich Eisen and Mike Greenberg. Maybe I need a more "Middle-of-the-Road" take. When Cowherd says something irresponsible (Burnett) or completely inconsistent (Rodgers), I can't un-hear it; and I tend to remember it.

I also asked a fair question above (NOT to anyone specific). I still wonder, and will remove the word "legit".
Do Colin Cowherd fans, viewers and listeners, pay attention to what he says?
I ask this just out of curiosity. When he contradicted himself last week, did his fans notice or care.

Last edited:

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
The Colts are only killing time till the SB coaches are done coaching. It is someone in the SB. For the rest of them it has only been an exercise. For the Colts they can say they had a pain staking search and made a very informed choice.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Colts are only killing time till the SB coaches are done coaching. It is someone in the SB. For the rest of them it has only been an exercise. For the Colts they can say they had a pain staking search and made a very informed choice.
I believe their next Head Coach will be Shane Steichen because it's not anyone on the Chief staff and I believe like most teams, Irsay wanted an offensive coach all along. Irsay wanted Saturday, Ballard liked Morris, they will settle on Shane Steichen besides the fact I believe the Eagles are going to win big against Kansas City.
512WAvcxk8L._SL350_.jpg

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Fucking pieces of shit have us in a holding pattern.
Let's be fair, what else do you want them to do? I agree it sucks, but Steichen is deserving plus the owner & gm have not been on the page. So Steichen appears to be the compromise candidate and they have to wait until after the Super Bowl to hire him.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Regarding the Colts, my guess is that Jim Irsay is kicking and screaming for NFL Network's Kyle Brandt. He played RB at Princeton, is very passionate about football and was on MTV's Real World which is Irsay's all-time-favorite show.

It has not not happened yet because every knowledgeable football person in the Colts' Organization is physically holding Irsay down until he comes to his senses but that guy is Bat-Shit-Crazy.