Celebration Thread Rams whoop Eagles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Great game by offense. Solid game by defense. But I must say......we have quite a bit more of them there ugly dancers in this thread. The more.....the merrier. Great game. Now get them dancers out on the floor.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Three big points for me:
1. Hell of a job digging themselves out after the Eagles started to make that comeback. Defense really locked things down again in the second half.

2. Darrell Henderson is going to be a weapon in this offense. He's extremely explosive on those zone runs and has a great feel for the cutback. But even better than that, he's a great talent in the passing game. He needs to improve as a blocker, though.

3. Hat's off to David Edwards. He stepped in for Noteboom, and I think the OL actually played better with him in there.

I was waiting for someone else to say it. Edwards was nearly an instant upgrade. It only took him a few plays to get into the groove. Still could use an upgrade at center. Maybe next year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was waiting for someone else to say it. Edwards was nearly an instant upgrade. It only took him a few plays to get into the groove. Still could use an upgrade at center. Maybe next year.

Blythe isn't great, but he's providing serviceable play so far. He's a lot better at C than OG.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Don't really have anything negative to say besides 2 things that are more things to keep an eye on....

1. The propensity to have a team on the ropes and not deliver the knockout/death blow.

2. Defense solid but no sacks I believe. Wish we could have A Shawn for run stuffing and block eating and would like to see Lewis playing to see if that could be an answer.

And on a different note (pardon the pun) we all been saying it I said it earlier this week. Edwards over Noteboom and I will leave it there.

It makes me wonder what the coaches saw. Noteboom’s got better lateral movement but blocking deficiencies are too much of a drop off.

oldnotdead

Legend
Sign that lady as a backup five-tech! Her country-strength, hand placement, all perfect for the position.

And her size doesn't hurt either. :p

5T hell, she shows the kind of aggression missing in Sebas. Cut Sebas and sign her. I'm sorry for always ragging on Sebas but he's the most passive NT I've ever seen. He rarely plays on the opposite side of the LOS and I've never seen him stack and shed a single block....ever. All his stats are from other players and not of his own doing.

Ellard80

Legend
Goff was sharp again... running game is looking powerful. Defense been bend but don't break.

Toughest test yet coming up next week.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I felt like that was a catchable ball and prob should have been caught. Small target. But, point taken.

I think that would have been very tough to catch, but it wasn't either guy's fault. Brandon Graham hit Goff's elbow as he was throwing.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by Henderson’s receiving ability. No idea he was that good.

Oh yeah, he's really, really good. Had 63 receptions for 758 yards (12.0 YPC) and 8 TDs in college. He's very dangerous on wheel routes. Explosive in a straight line with soft hands and good ball-skills. I was waiting for McVay to get him involved. I think they drafted him as much for his receiving ability as they did his rushing ability (which is obviously quite good in the ZBS).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Robert Woods is the most complete Wide Receiver in the game.

Honestly don't think it's even close. I can't even think of a name.

Like I have to go back to Hines Ward and I don't think he was quite as dynamic as Woods - maybe a bit more physical.

Fitz has always been a great blocker.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
It makes me wonder what the coaches saw. Noteboom’s got better lateral movement but blocking deficiencies are too much of a drop off.

That's what I was talking about earlier in the week though LT is probably the most crucial position on the line. I think his deficiencies at guard won't impair him as much at LT. Sounds strange but I think he has the foot work and speed to stay with speed rushers and fancy moves etc. What he needs is to build some strength. He should just shadow Whitworth this season step in if there's an injury and continue to workout and get stronger. I mentioned this earlier in the week and I'm not ready to give up on him. I do think the experience and road grating at guard will help him get stronger at LT we just cannot afford to let him do it anymore at guard during games. I also do think the Rams should sign a veteran at this point not sure who opted out or not. Leary was available... Warford I believe I posted opted out. Cordy Glenn is out there though I don't know his status and Britt is out there if we should need a back up center. Unless maybe trader Les could make a trade like Everett for an o-lineman of need. Would anyone in here entertain such a trade????

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Fitz has always been a great blocker.

I completely agree.

I just don't see Fitz being as dynamic on those hand offs.

Fitz is also a much larger dude than Woods.

Woods is almost to the level of Faulk with his versatility and the way he's being used.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That's what I was talking about earlier in the week though LT is probably the most crucial position on the line. I think his deficiencies at guard won't impair him as much at LT. Sounds strange but I think he has the foot work and speed to stay with speed rushers and fancy moves etc. What he needs is to build some strength. He should just shadow Whitworth this season step in if there's an injury and continue to workout and get stronger. I mentioned this earlier in the week and I'm not ready to give up on him. I do think the experience and road grating at guard will help him get stronger at LT we just cannot afford to let him do it anymore at guard during games. I also do think the Rams should sign a veteran at this point not sure who opted out or not. Leary was available... Warford I believe I posted opted out. Cordy Glenn is out there though I don't know his status and Britt is out there if we should need a back up center. Unless maybe trader Les could make a trade like Everett for an o-lineman of need. Would anyone in here entertain such a trade????

I keep saying that Noteboom has not gotten strong enough by now , then he’s not likely to. I think Evans is the backup OLT for a reason. Noteboom is not as stiff as Edwards do fits the zone blocking scheme better, if he could actually block. At this point I doubt the Rams Resign him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Edwards' optimum position will end up being RT. Years from now and all that. But for now there isn't really a universe where he's not a starter.

First moment he stepped in you just felt him. Same as last season.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I keep saying that Noteboom has not gotten strong enough by now , then he’s not likely to. I think Evans is the backup OLT for a reason. Noteboom is not as stiff as Edwards do fits the zone blocking scheme better, if he could actually block. At this point I doubt the Rams Resign him.

When he was drafted though it was never to really play guard we kind of forced the square peg into the round hole. I still think he should be shadowing Big Whit and at least try to groom him for his natural position but if not he can be resigned when that moment arrives if all he is to be is a back up he is serviceable for that at the right price. Imagine we resign him for peanuts and then the light bulb goes off. Hey if Greg Robinson can be given 37 chances then let's at least see in preseason next year what Note has at LT but your points are well taken. I do want him out of the guard position pronto though.