Celebration Thread Rams whoop Eagles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think Sean McVay has reached the next level in his development and growth as a football coaching wizard and Goff is reaching his as a QB simultaneously.
Its a beautiful fucking marriage.
I'm a huge McVay fan but I want to see how he does as the season progresses. He in no way IMO has reached his peak as a coach. I hope he is here to achieve that. Keep in mind how the hoodie cheater started his HC career. I hope McVay retires as a Ram.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'm a huge McVay fan but I want to see how he does as the season progresses. He in no way IMO has reached his peak as a coach. I hope he is here to achieve that. Keep in mind how the hoodie cheater started his HC career. I hope McVay retires as a Ram.

It's crazy if you think about what might have been.

Belichick's staff in Cleveland that last year was beyond outstanding and they had almost all the pieces in place.

Had everyone stayed, you'd have Belichick coaching what is now the Ravens in Cleveland and who knows what THAT woulda looked like...

That situation was one of those near misses that could only happen to Cleveland...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Lol that basically is saying what I said from the start Edwards plays Note backs up and shadows whit but Evans at left tackle is probably a pipe dream is what I meant.

Except I don't believe Noteboom can actually play left tackle at a high level. I was just making a case that they don't see Noteboom as a viable option at OLT. They favored his lateral movement and overall mobility to fit the scheme. But we clearly saw who should be the starting guard on Sunday.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
It's crazy if you think about what might have been.

Belichick's staff in Cleveland that last year was beyond outstanding and they had almost all the pieces in place.

Had everyone stayed, you'd have Belichick coaching what is now the Ravens in Cleveland and who knows what THAT woulda looked like...

That situation was one of those near misses that could only happen to Cleveland...
Wow, I never really thought about that. The factory of sadness came pretty close to transforming into a dynasty.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Wow, I never really thought about that. The factory of sadness came pretty close to transforming into a dynasty.
The Browns are a dynasty... it's just a black hole in the fabric of the football universe type, which sucks in energy and talent never to be seen again.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Except I don't believe Noteboom can actually play left tackle at a high level. I was just making a case that they don't see Noteboom as a viable option at OLT. They favored his lateral movement and overall mobility to fit the scheme. But we clearly saw who should be the starting guard on Sunday.

I agree as I said I've wanted Edwards in there since season started or have been screaming for a replacement like Leary etc. So that's just repeating what pretty much we have all said.
However I'm not ready to just right Noteboom off as a LT til it's actually known that he cannot play there or anywhere. He has good footwork for speed guys he has agility where he lacks is again strength so that's not insurmountable if he wants it bad enough. g His skill set fits at LT better than guard so I'm not willing to just toss him away. Especially if there would be an injury to big Whit. There are a lot of players that get written off and persevere. The fact remains they must see something if they keep trotting him out there to play. So we need to sit back and see how this ends.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I agree as I said I've wanted Edwards in there since season started or have been screaming for a replacement like Leary etc. So that's just repeating what pretty much we have all said.
However I'm not ready to just right Noteboom off as a LT til it's actually known that he cannot play there or anywhere. He has good footwork for speed guys he has agility where he lacks is again strength so that's not insurmountable if he wants it bad enough. g His skill set fits at LT better than guard so I'm not willing to just toss him away. Especially if there would be an injury to big Whit. There are a lot of players that get written off and persevere. The fact remains they must see something if they keep trotting him out there to play. So we need to sit back and see how this ends.

Not if it could be costing them wins. Buffalo has the third best run defense right now. Should they keep the experiment going or stick with the guy who helped put the Eagles game out of reach?

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
giphy.gif
Tom Cruise Dance from Tropic Thunder

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Hell yea. I was pissed reading some of their pre game posts. The delusional fucks. If NRC was so fuckin good and knew what was going on, he would still be here. Our Offense and Defense are both different than last year.

I like this offense we are running.

Did he even play?

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Not if it could be costing them wins. Buffalo has the third best run defense right now. Should they keep the experiment going or stick with the guy who helped put the Eagles game out of reach?

Lol your making this a debate though about Edwards Vs Note at guard as I stated and many others we want Edwards there at guard. That being said I am still not ready to discard or give up on Noteboom. I need to see him play at LT fact of the matter is he cannot cause Whitworth still playing very well. So he needs to ride the pine and be ready if called on. His use at guard may wind up helping him in the future at LT. While strength needs work inside is a lot of weight and strength to handle so again skill set and the with the work he has put in at guard he deserves a shot to see what he has at his natural position should the need arise. That's all.
But yes Edwards should start and should have started makes you wonder though we see Edwards as better but what are the coaches seeing?
And again the Noteboom experiment at guard needs to end hope he got enough there to help him become a player at his natural position. That's what we all want I would hope.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Lol your making this a debate though about Edwards Vs Note at guard as I stated and many others we want Edwards there at guard. That being said I am still not ready to discard or give up on Noteboom. I need to see him play at LT fact of the matter is he cannot cause Whitworth still playing very well. So he needs to ride the pine and be ready if called on. His use at guard may wind up helping him in the future at LT. While strength needs work inside is a lot of weight and strength to handle so again skill set and the with the work he has put in at guard he deserves a shot to see what he has at his natural position should the need arise. That's all.
But yes Edwards should start and should have started makes you wonder though we see Edwards as better but what are the coaches seeing?
And again the Noteboom experiment at guard needs to end hope he got enough there to help him become a player at his natural position. That's what we all want I would hope.

I must have misunderstood your last line saying the coaches must see something in him and we need to be patient and lets see what happens when they keep trotting him out.

It sounded like your saying you trust the coaches over your own eyes and we should see how well Noteboom plays at left guard when he's healthy and they reindeer him. As for the coaches, I think they are being stubborn because they want a line that can move so badly and feel its going to take their offense to the next level. Its like they want the Mike Shanahan lines in Denver and Washington. I've seen enough of Joe at any position to tell me he won't pan out. I don't think he's much better than Demby.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I must have misunderstood your last line saying the coaches must see something in him and we need to be patient and lets see what happens when they keep trotting him out.

It sounded like your saying you trust the coaches over your own eyes and we should see how well Noteboom plays at left guard when he's healthy and they reindeer him. As for the coaches, I think they are being stubborn because they want a line that can move so badly and feel its going to take their offense to the next level. Its like they want the Mike Shanahan lines in Denver and Washington. I've seen enough of Joe at any position to tell me he won't pan out. I don't think he's much better than Demby.

Lol this may come as a shock but as much as I trust my own eyes I do trust the coaches more as that's why they are coaching and doing what they do and we are not.

As far as trotting him out etc....I truly in my heart of hearts do not think they would put their team in a bad position out of "stubborness"
Again I will say I wanted Edwards in from day one Note to continue learning and ride the pine in case of injury but I am not ready to just discard him. Even at guard where we can all agree from what we "see" while he is not good there he still has flashed sometimes so he has some skill. He needs to be judged when he is playing his regular position LT then we can figure it out or I should say they can figure it out.

Lastly when you say you have seen enough of Joe at any position did I miss something how often have we seen him at his true position? Like a preseason game or too during rookie year if that. So I'm not sure where else you have seen him play consistently for him to convince you that he "sucks"
He could very well suck but just not enough information at LT to make that assessment in my opinion.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Lol this may come as a shock but as much as I trust my own eyes I do trust the coaches more as that's why they are coaching and doing what they do and we are not.

As far as trotting him out etc....I truly in my heart of hearts do not think they would put their team in a bad position out of "stubborness"
Again I will say I wanted Edwards in from day one Note to continue learning and ride the pine in case of injury but I am not ready to just discard him. Even at guard where we can all agree from what we "see" while he is not good there he still has flashed sometimes so he has some skill. He needs to be judged when he is playing his regular position LT then we can figure it out or I should say they can figure it out.

Lastly when you say you have seen enough of Joe at any position did I miss something how often have we seen him at his true position? Like a preseason game or too during rookie year if that. So I'm not sure where else you have seen him play consistently for him to convince you that he "sucks"
He could very well suck but just not enough information at LT to make that assessment in my opinion.

I have seen enough because he's is not a good blocker. Even Left tackles need to block. I've watch games a second sometimes third time and mainly focus on the Online. I've listed the troubles he still has. He doesn't hold blocks long, I'm guessing that's a strength issue, after 4 years of college and three of NFL strength and conditioning. He misses blocks too frequently. Like totally whiffs. He is a poor blocker in space, again completely missing his assignments. He takes bad angles and defenders run right past him. When he does lock on he ends up going backwards. I am not the only person here who sees this stuff.

So, what makes anyone think he can block better at OLT? Is it because he has another half a second reaction time? I just don't see it. A Olineman needs to be able to block well, or good enough. I wouldn't want Goff to rely on Joe's blocking his blind side. Evans is the current backup OLT as far as we know. From reports last year the coaches love him. So they try Joe at guard, since he's been displaced. He can move, but now they know he cannot consistently block.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I have seen enough because he's is not a good blocker. Even Left tackles need to block. I've watch games a second sometimes third time and mainly focus on the Online. I've listed the troubles he still has. He doesn't hold blocks long, I'm guessing that's a strength issue, after 4 years of college and three of NFL strength and conditioning. He misses blocks too frequently. Like totally whiffs. He is a poor blocker in space, again completely missing his assignments. He takes bad angles and defenders run right past him. When he does lock on he ends up going backwards. I am not the only person here who sees this stuff.

So, what makes anyone think he can block better at OLT? Is it because he has another half a second reaction time? I just don't see it. A Olineman needs to be able to block well, or good enough. I wouldn't want Goff to rely on Joe's blocking his blind side. Evans is the current backup OLT as far as we know. From reports last year the coaches love him. So they try Joe at guard, since he's been displaced. He can move, but now they know he cannot consistently block.

We are going to agree to disagree. I appreciate all your points and they are quite strong and accurate. That being said I'm not ready to toss him out just yet. I have seen some decent plays where he gets down field and does block more bad than good apparently, however the coaching staff sees it differently.
Sometimes it takes time for an offensive lineman to grasp it. Like the dude on the giants (I believe it was Erik Flowers) who me being in NY watched this guy and he was probably one of the worst tackles ever a turnstile. Radio shows, callers, fans etc just destroyed this dude here. He worked the opposite got moved to guard and actually turned it around and even got a pay day out of it. Watching him on the giants though it was rough but it can work. So you may be spot on but I'm not ready yet and I'm sure you would love to be proven wrong cause then it helps our rams.

All that said I just have to add while I respect your opinion and hope you respect mine we are still on here not coaches not on the field not not professionals or in the o-line room so we as in all of us on this board need to just volley back and forth make points etc. I'm just hoping for the best and he still cheap so I try to stay positive and trust our coaching staff and front office.

Different subject assuming Rapp is healthy what are your thoughts on him and his playing time and in Staley's scheme etc. If he is healthy now it seems he has just disappeared and fuller has a firm grasp on the job. Always a good problem to have but I wouldn't want to stunt his growth either we have seen him be good already.
Anyone else please feel free to give some insight on Rapp.