Celebration Thread Rams whoop Eagles

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I wouldn't want Goff to rely on Joe's blocking his blind side. Evans is the current backup OLT as far as we know.
Boom on the blindside is scary yes. But so is Evans. Both probably mean a damn TE tied to their hip the entire game to keep Goff from being eaten.

Either way I do think Boom is going to get a full LT look when he returns, because LG will be filled. From that point it may work in his favor too, because he can take those snaps when Whit has all those vet days during the season and be ready to push in camp 2021 for the LT job.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sure did.

His impact play of the game was that personal foul blow to the head of Robert Woods after Woods made a reception.

A tough as nails reception at that. Couldn't believe he took that hit and held onto the ball... Woods is just a deceptively tough, physical badass and ultimate team contributor

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
We are going to agree to disagree. I appreciate all your points and they are quite strong and accurate. That being said I'm not ready to toss him out just yet. I have seen some decent plays where he gets down field and does block more bad than good apparently, however the coaching staff sees it differently.
Sometimes it takes time for an offensive lineman to grasp it. Like the dude on the giants (I believe it was Erik Flowers) who me being in NY watched this guy and he was probably one of the worst tackles ever a turnstile. Radio shows, callers, fans etc just destroyed this dude here. He worked the opposite got moved to guard and actually turned it around and even got a pay day out of it. Watching him on the giants though it was rough but it can work. So you may be spot on but I'm not ready yet and I'm sure you would love to be proven wrong cause then it helps our rams.

All that said I just have to add while I respect your opinion and hope you respect mine we are still on here not coaches not on the field not not professionals or in the o-line room so we as in all of us on this board need to just volley back and forth make points etc. I'm just hoping for the best and he still cheap so I try to stay positive and trust our coaching staff and front office.

Different subject assuming Rapp is healthy what are your thoughts on him and his playing time and in Staley's scheme etc. If he is healthy now it seems he has just disappeared and fuller has a firm grasp on the job. Always a good problem to have but I wouldn't want to stunt his growth either we have seen him be good already.
Anyone else please feel free to give some insight on Rapp.

I am critical analyzer of the draft. I get flack for it but I don't care. That being said, drafting a Strong Safety in round two is a bad strategy imo. Its especially bad it you are Snead and have a knack for finding Safeties and Corners later and after the draft. I could understand it if is a stud free safety like Earl Thomas, but Strong safeties are not too hard to come by. Take Ward from the Niners for instance. He's bounced around a few years but he's always been a good SS.

Rapp looks like a good instinctive player but he made some mistakes last year. I think he was a little over hyper as a rookie by fans but that tends to happen with draft picks. Even if fully healthy I think its going to take a series of mistakes on Fuller's part for Rapp to return as the starter.

Regarding the part you said about coaches being on the field and fans not knowing everything they see and think, I agree but I also know that coaches make mistakes and miss a lists players often. Derby is a prime example. How many of us were shocked to find that he was number 1 of the bench last year? Sometimes coaches see a trait and think they can coach the rest. Sometimes I'd bet if a coach goes to bat to keep a player that he feels pressure to try to get the most out of them. In the end coaches see something in every player that makes it to camp, and lots of them get cut. So, I'd rather just go with what I see and speculate on what the coaches see or want based on scheme. I've put my faith in too many Rams coaches over the years and drank the coolant and told myself they are pros for a reason only to be disappointed. How many of us talked ourselves into liking draft picks like Greg Robinson? I just got tired of it. But yeah, I'm always happy to be wrong on a Ram that I think needs to go and he surprises. I speculated that as a late round pick Fuller was not likely to make the cut with Rapp Burgess and JJ on the team. I'm happy to be wrong.

You mention Flowers. The Cards had a first round OT that was a bust but before giving up on him they moved him to guard where he was very successful. M any think Noteboom is just being moved to guard in waiting for his turn at OLT. But what if moving him to guard was a last ditch effort to get him to succeed because he didn't look great in camp at OLT? Or was outplayed by Evans at OLT? I'd say it could be construed as such. I guess we just won't know until Whitworth retires. Until then we evaluate and speculate.

PS: No disrespect intended. We all have opinions and our own reasons for liking or disliking a player, plus there is always the unknowns. I don't intend to come across as disrespectful. I am just not easily swayed.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Boom on the blindside is scary yes. But so is Evans. Both probably mean a damn TE tied to their hip the entire game to keep Goff from being eaten.

Either way I do think Boom is going to get a full LT look when he returns, because LG will be filled. From that point it may work in his favor too, because he can take those snaps when Whit has all those vet days during the season and be ready to push in camp 2021 for the LT job.

Hopefully you are correct on both counts. It sounds like the better plan right out of camp.

Many of us were scratching our heads at the decision to start NB at guard. Maybe he struggled with blocking in camp at OLT and they felt he needed more live, game blocking to develop. Or maybe they want him playing to stay sharp if they needed to move him to OLT. But he looks like he has a long ways to go imo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hopefully you are correct on both counts. It sounds like the better plan right out of camp.

Many of us were scratching our heads at the decision to start NB at guard. Maybe he struggled with blocking in camp at OLT and they felt he needed more live, game blocking to develop. Or maybe they want him playing to stay sharp if they needed to move him to OLT. But he looks like he has a long ways to go imo.
I do think a change was coming at LG after the Eagles game. It was only a matter of time. Not just due to Boom still needing work but also Edwards being who he is.

I was definitely scratching my head too but at the same time hoping to be wrong. Either way we might see this line really come together now and re: Kromer nobody bats a thousand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I am critical analyzer of the draft. I get flack for it but I don't care. That being said, drafting a Strong Safety in round two is a bad strategy imo. Its especially bad it you are Snead and have a knack for finding Safeties and Corners later and after the draft. I could understand it if is a stud free safety like Earl Thomas, but Strong safeties are not too hard to come by. Take Ward from the Niners for instance. He's bounced around a few years but he's always been a good SS.

Rapp looks like a good instinctive player but he made some mistakes last year. I think he was a little over hyper as a rookie by fans but that tends to happen with draft picks. Even if fully healthy I think its going to take a series of mistakes on Fuller's part for Rapp to return as the starter.

Regarding the part you said about coaches being on the field and fans not knowing everything they see and think, I agree but I also know that coaches make mistakes and miss a lists players often. Derby is a prime example. How many of us were shocked to find that he was number 1 of the bench last year? Sometimes coaches see a trait and think they can coach the rest. Sometimes I'd bet if a coach goes to bat to keep a player that he feels pressure to try to get the most out of them. In the end coaches see something in every player that makes it to camp, and lots of them get cut. So, I'd rather just go with what I see and speculate on what the coaches see or want based on scheme. I've put my faith in too many Rams coaches over the years and drank the coolant and told myself they are pros for a reason only to be disappointed. How many of us talked ourselves into liking draft picks like Greg Robinson? I just got tired of it. But yeah, I'm always happy to be wrong on a Ram that I think needs to go and he surprises. I speculated that as a late round pick Fuller was not likely to make the cut with Rapp Burgess and JJ on the team. I'm happy to be wrong.

You mention Flowers. The Cards had a first round OT that was a bust but before giving up on him they moved him to guard where he was very successful. M any think Noteboom is just being moved to guard in waiting for his turn at OLT. But what if moving him to guard was a last ditch effort to get him to succeed because he didn't look great in camp at OLT? Or was outplayed by Evans at OLT? I'd say it could be construed as such. I guess we just won't know until Whitworth retires. Until then we evaluate and speculate.

PS: No disrespect intended. We all have opinions and our own reasons for liking or disliking a player, plus there is always the unknowns. I don't intend to come across as disrespectful. I am just not easily swayed.

Hey man no need to apologize. I appreciate it the insight and like you said we may have difference of opinions but when your opinion is accurate, well informed and backed up with facts that's all we can ask for. Nothing you said was taken with disrespect. That's what makes this board fun. It's only the dudes that just attack or hit below the belt or take things personal that get annoying but I can honestly say this board doesn't have too many of those at all. Every one on here pretty cool for the most part and pretty damn spot on.

As far as Rapp yea I wonder how this will work out and if JJ is definitely on his way out for sure.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Are we still celebrating?

sarcastic-celebration.gif