CAMP REPORT Camp Reports Day 9: Mon, Aug 9

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bingo.

playing real games vs starting defenders Going full steam for 4 quarters is night and day to looking good in preseason or scrimmages.

We have tape on Allen and he can’t play at the NFL level.
Got it! Allen will fool McVay and Carberry into giving him a job. I had no idea they were so easily played :D

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Just read from J. Rodrigue about Terrell Lewis' knee acting up...thats WITH limited reps and veteran rest days. No idea why we didn't bring in Melvin Ingram. OBO flashes, Lewis flashes, etc...but I can't see why they don't warrant competiton considering they just tried to add Julio Jones when we have Woods, Kupp, and Jefferson...

Psycho_X

Legend
Has Chris Garrett done anything at practices so far? HAven't heard his name mentioned at all. Would be nice if he showed at least something so that he justifies a roster spot since it's evident Lewis might be useless to count on. Not counting on a 7th rounder his rookie year but one can hope.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Just read from J. Rodrigue about Terrell Lewis' knee acting up...thats WITH limited reps and veteran rest days. No idea why we didn't bring in Melvin Ingram. OBO flashes, Lewis flashes, etc...but I can't see why they don't warrant competiton considering they just tried to add Julio Jones when we have Woods, Kupp, and Jefferson...
It’s called The Salary Cap!!

The defense will be fine. Williams got hurt.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Every report I'm reading from our ROD reporters and the national sort say Allen is looking very good. IMO for whatever that's worth right now it seems to be a good problem to have.
Personally, I don't care who starts where as long as the OL is improved. If that's Allen at C, fine. If it's Corbett, fine. I think we have enough lineman depth on the roster to prevent a change at C because RG is not getting it done. Otherwise, our OL depth is not very good.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guys, I think we just need to be more realistic about this team and it's regular season record. My prediction of 15 wins is probably not gonna happen. 14 wins, however....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
They just need to swallow their pride and ask us for advice....
RoD members officially available for consultation...

200.gif

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Just read from J. Rodrigue about Terrell Lewis' knee acting up...thats WITH limited reps and veteran rest days. No idea why we didn't bring in Melvin Ingram...

The Rams took a risk on OLB Terrell Lewis' heath history when he was drafted.

If I was a qualified Rams scout, I probably would've taken the same risk selecting him as the 84th overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.

Sadly it seems like Lewis will not be a durable player and they will eventually have to move on from him.

It won't surprise me or any of you if Lewis is cut prior to the beginning of the 2021 season.

The NFL is an ugly business when it comes to cutting players with injury histories.

Where NFL players are drafted will often buy them more time, but Lewis seems to be at the end of his road as a Ram.

Like all of you, I was rooting hard for Terrell Lewis...
OIP.mh_b6CgCe9T_9ea25i45MwHaHE

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Has Chris Garrett done anything at practices so far? HAven't heard his name mentioned at all. Would be nice if he showed at least something so that he justifies a roster spot since it's evident Lewis might be useless to count on. Not counting on a 7th rounder his rookie year but one can hope.
Great timing of this question. He hustled down on a TD.Then A coach(Morris?) talked to him. I like his effort,he showed up today & worked hard on the OLB behind Floyd.He got deep in coverage & gave the incomplete sign,so he is animated & into as well.On the sidelines he is still 110% talking ball.
He will be hard to cut,but he looks the part size & speed.

dang

Legend
Terrell Lewis is the new denario Alexander for me and I don't like it lol
Ramily. Take a look at the 2020 NFL draft results. There are very few players chosen after Lewis that have already made an impact in the NFL. People are acting like there were dozens of more guaranteed impactful players available with the R3 pick used for Lewis. Lewis may be chronically injured but it’s way too early to call him a bust. Chillax.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Don't recall hearing anything really from him. But the good thing about a guy like Garrett is his game is hustle and anger. Which means he still might flash in the games and he's gonna get a ton of snaps I imagine what with them holding out their #3 Lewis.

WestCoastRam

Legend

Crickets on this guy... Kareem Orr probably put in more significant pass rush reps them him this TC.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know @Ram65 , I should have stuck to my guns......15 WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WestCoastRam

Legend
My guess is that we'll get more playing time out of Desean Jackson than T. Lewis this year. OLB and RB will be two spots that the Rams will look at cuts from other teams to supply practice squad spots.

I would not be shocked if there's an OLB and RB on another team that get picked up on the practice squad by end of preseason and end up on the final 53 roster by the end of the year...