CAMP REPORT Camp Reports Day 9: Mon, Aug 9

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Seems a lot of moving around at center.

I'm sure you already know this...

They can't have any stones left unturned @OldSchool

Having the best 5 O-Lineman on the field for the 2021 season opener has no room for error.

th

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure you already know this...

They can't have any stones left unturned @OldSchool

Having the best 5 O-Lineman on the field for the 2021 season opener has no room for error.

th
It is interesting seeing Allen getting some 1st team love even if it's in rotation. McVay mentioned him early in the off season before even discussing Corbett moving over. Maybe those draft time talks about Corbett there have fueled Allen even more but like people have said he bulked up and if he can do good at Center I feel personally a lot better with Corbett at RG than Evans. Evans has done as little to impress as Allen has to date, though he doesn't have the bad bad bad tape that Allen does.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It is interesting seeing Allen getting some 1st team love even if it's in rotation. McVay mentioned him early in the off season before even discussing Corbett moving over. Maybe those draft time talks about Corbett there have fueled Allen even more but like people have said he bulked up and if he can do good at Center I feel personally a lot better with Corbett at RG than Evans. Evans has done as little to impress as Allen has to date, though he doesn't have the bad bad bad tape that Allen does.
Allen, to me, is a plus backup and very low-end NFL starter (25-32 range).
He's smart, knows the system.. has decent arm length, despite his stature, but is undersized. I do like the idea he's bulked up some, as some of the camp observers on here have stated.

dang

Legend
Brian Allen is just a bum to me. Maybe it's because he looked bad out there before being hurt or that he's just bad. Just don't have good vibes about him.
Interested in your definition of Bum?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I might mean they don't like Evans at guard. I don't really have any strong positive opinions about Allen. Just saying it's possible they feel the line is better with Allen at C and Corbett at guard that with Corbett at C and Evans at guard.
Yeah it might be about Evans, definitely possible. But I do like to hear that Allen is doing well because one thing he's really good at is getting second level on run plays. Even in that poor season (when he was getting blown up) he was pulling well and blocking well on the move.

Contrast that with Blythe btw who was really bad at isolating ILBs. Makes for an interesting dynamic.

Whatever they feel their best 5 is though. I don't think Carberry is gonna play favorites.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
It is interesting seeing Allen getting some 1st team love even if it's in rotation. McVay mentioned him early in the off season before even discussing Corbett moving over.

Maybe those draft time talks about Corbett there have fueled Allen even more but like people have said he bulked up and if he can do good at Center I feel personally a lot better with Corbett at RG than Evans.

Evans has done as little to impress as Allen has to date, though he doesn't have the bad bad bad tape that Allen does.

100% agree with your take.

The Rams will put their best five Offensive Lineman on the field regardless of what the early trends have been in training camp.

This I why I love this franchise under the McVay regime.

They are not worried about what us fans or the media think.

They will do what they think is best for the team even if it's a last minute change we don't expect.

R.83d2d6da24a3a94a65bf73fd67c2b643

MachS

Hall of Fame
Or that Evans is doing that bad that they’re thinking about putting Corbett back at RG.
Evans has graded out pretty bad so far in the NFL. Not sure why some people love him. If Allen can play center at an average level I think we are better with Corbett at RG. Problem is I don't think Allen can play center at an average level.

Shuie3225

Starter

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Put a fork in Lewis, geez
Yeah dude i'm with you on that. I think they'll go one more season trying to micro-manage his glass body then cut bait. Shame.

As for Brian Allen...sometimes drafted players actually develop within the system. Maybe not as quickly as planned. Fans don't see that stuff happening. It would explain the draft & FA strategy.

Would be a nice bonus if the light came on for Allen and he's the guy.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
But its okay T Lewis will turn it around! He just needs to stay healthy and man what a player he'll be!! Huge things coming this year from him!

Time to cut our losses and get him off the roster. He's taking valuable reps from people who can actually contribute and get better. What a fucking joke this pick was.

And Lewis can't contribute/get better? He's only twenty-two, and his potential is still sky-high. There's a reason why they picked him in the third round.

TexasRam

Legend
So if he out plays everybody and McVay/Carberry decide he’s the best man for the job it’s him weaseling in?
Bingo.

playing real games vs starting defenders Going full steam for 4 quarters is night and day to looking good in preseason or scrimmages.

We have tape on Allen and he can’t play at the NFL level.