CAMP REPORT Camp Reports Day 6: Tues, Aug 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
It is crazy!

Generally speaking, there were a lot of posters wondering about the Rams draft. Starting with Tutu at #2 with his smaller size, Jackson already signed and many thinking it was a reach. Let's not forget the cry for offensive line help and the Rams drafting Jefferson early last year. These two speedsters are insurance for each other with Jackson's injury history and Tutu being a rookie. Little did we know McVay wasn't nearly done adding more pass-catching weapons.

I agree Benny Show is a better version of what Reynolds was supposed to be. It may be that Hopkins was not what the Rams expected so getting Harris is another smart move that could pay off early on. Welcome the new Murders row at WR Woods, Kupp, Jackson, Jefferson, Tutu, Benny Skow!

McVay sure had a plan.
Remember when we were pinning our hopes on the likes of Chris Givens, Greg Salas, Pettis (can't even remember his first name), and Brian Quick.

We've come a long way baby...

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Remember when we were pinning our hopes on the likes of Chris Givens, Greg Salas, Pettis (can't even remember his first name), and Brian Quick.

Austin... How dare you exclude the likes of Yo Murphy, the Klopffer and DX.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Gerald Everett leaving changes The Rams offense more than anything.I think The Rams (O’c) Mcvay runs the O’ more through personal ? Cam Akers taking 7 snaps at wildcat with Copper Kupp hurt & Goff with a Broken Thumb playing WR.

Come On What GIF by MOODMAN

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Where The F” where The Rams going to go upfront ?? Okay, just go back & look at your negative post about The Offensive Line.

The big & real question right now is not about IF or What the could have done anyway.

The question is about how many Offensive lineman & who makes the 53 ?? I guess you never liked Anchrum?? What about Brian Allen ??
#67 ?? That is a fair question. Coleman is basically done as a Ram imo.
disgust-animated-gif.gif

jjab360

Legend

I'll do you one better. I remember entering 2009 with Donnie Avery, Keenan Burton, and a prayer. A midseason trade for Brandon Gibson turned out to be the answer we'd all been looking for as he led us to a glorious 1-15 campaign.

Aah, good times...If you go back and look at that final roster I don't think there's a single player that would make today's team other than Steven Jackson, James Laurinaitis, and Chris Long. Insane.

oldnotdead

Legend
Well your going to have to put your 53 man roster together then & will compare.
I posted a version of this previously but this is the current update version. I'm not convinced they will carry 5 ILBs unless they are STs standouts. That roster spot could be use to retain SJD for one year to potentially gain a comp pick or another DB. Apparently, Deayon has been getting reps and has looked good. But I really think it's going to come down to STs and that player's value on that unit. As far as I know SJD doesn't play STs.

Normally they only carry 9 on the OL but I added Jackson because I think he will have a shot next year as the swing OT. Also, there is no guarantee Young will make the cut although he played well enough last year to get one more look.

Offense

QB: Stafford, Wolford

RB: Henderson, Funk, Jones, Calais

WR: Woods, Kupp, Jefferson, Jackson, Atwell, Showronek

TE: Higbee, Hopkins, Harris

LT: Whitworth, Noteboom
LG: Edwards, Brewer
C: Corbett, Allen
RG: Evans, Shelton
RT: Havenstein, Alaric Jackson

Defense

DE: Hollins, J. Williams
NT: Robinson, Gaines, B. Brown
DT: Donald, Hoecht, E. Brown
JACK: Floyd, Lewis, Garrett
MIKE: Reeder, Howard
MO: Jones, Young, Moncrief or Rozeboom if they carry 5 ILBs or they can use that roster spot on the DL (SJD) or in the secondary (Deayon)

RCB: Ramsey, Long
LCB: Williams, Rochell
CB: Hughes
Safety: Fuller, Rapp, Burgess, Scott

Special Teams

LS: TBD
P: Bojorquez
K: Gay
K R: Funk
P R: Atwell

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
10-15 is my guess. Van Jefferson got about 20 in the regular season last year, but it's hard to judge. TuTu isn't as developed as a route runner, but he's also got more straight line speed and could get a few over the top of the defense, so even with limited camp time he can find a spot in the offense. I can see him getting an almost equal amount of carries as receptions this year though. He seems like a good candidate for sweeps or screens, especially with Woods and Kupp's downfield blocking abilities.

Still, I don't expect him to out produce guys like Van Jefferson or Kupp in his rookie year. I expect him to become more of an impact player in year
I
I posted a version of this previously but this is the current update version. I'm not convinced they will carry 5 ILBs unless they are STs standouts. That roster spot could be use to retain SJD for one year to potentially gain a comp pick or another DB. Apparently, Deayon has been getting reps and has looked good. But I really think it's going to come down to STs and that player's value on that unit. As far as I know SJD doesn't play STs.

Normally they only carry 9 on the OL but I added Jackson because I think he will have a shot next year as the swing OT. Also, there is no guarantee Young will make the cut although he played well enough last year to get one more look.

Offense

Defense

MO: Jones, Young, Moncrief or Rozeboom if they carry 5 ILBs or they can use that roster spot on the DL (SJD) or in the secondary (Deayon)

Special Teams

Well I’d say your way off on a few imo.

TE - your wrong unless injury. Johnny Mundt is making this Rams roster. Hopkins I don’t know.I’ll give him the preseason.

OLine - Shelton & Jackson are gone.In fact I think Brewer moving to LT yesterday after A. Jackson was there tells me enough.(8 O”Lineman).

D”Line - thanks for having me check again. I’ll just say Jonah Williams #92 is looking good.He looks better than he is listed.

WOW - M.Hoecht really STINKS!! Looks small than listed.Can’t possibly see where his listed speed is either ?

LBer - Rozeboom will get cut.Moncrief doesn’t show up on tape well.

CB - Huges has sort of disappeared?? Will see the depth chart,but I might have been wrong about it

jjab360

Legend

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

No Micah Kiser?

Psycho_X

Legend
All these posts bringing up players from the past is triggering my Rams PTSD of years best forgotten so please stop.
Angry GIF by Amazon Prime Video

dang

Legend
Jones can be an elusive runner. Has some jukes. Lacks the big time breakaway speed but I am looking forward to see what he brings in the preseason.
Akers didn’t have breakaway speed either but he was elusive and strong at point of contact. I am hoping for something similar from Jones. I’d take 85% of what Akers was showing at the end of last season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

That's some hilarious shit. :laugh4:

Jameis can sling it but yeah he's just way too careless. And if you try to reign a guy like him in then he's not the same dude. So the Saints are gonna have to suck it up and let him air that shit out and hope they have a good run game to keep him safe.

I do think he'll have a lot of yards in the air btw. He'll just have a lot of turnovers too.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
@So Ram

My 53 man roster:

QB: Matthew Stafford, Bryce Perkins.

RB: Darrell Henderson, Xavier Jones, Jake Funk, Raymond Calais (KR/PR).

WR: Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Van Jefferson, Desean Jackson, Chatarius Atwell, Ben Skowronek, Trishton Jackson.

TE: Tyler Higbee, Jacob Harris, Brycen Hopkins, Kendall Blanton.

LT: Andrew Whitworth, Joseph Noteboom

LG: David Edwards, Chandler Brewer

OC: Austin Corbett, Tremayne Anchrum,

RG: Bobby Evans, Alaric Jackson

RT: Rob Havenstein.

DT: Aaron Donald, Bobby Brown.

NT: Sebastian Joseph-Day, Greg Gaines.

5T: A'Shawn Robinson, Earnest Brown.

OLB: Leonard Floyd, Justin Hollins, Terrell Lewis, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Chris Garrett

ILB: Ernest Jones. Travin Howard, Micah Kiser, Troy Reeder, Christian Rozeboom.

CB: Jalen Ramsey, Darious Williams, David Long, Robert Rochell.

SF: Jordan Fuller, Terrell Burgess, Taylor Rapp, Nick Scott, J.R. Reed.

K: Matthew Gay.

P: Johnny Hekker

LS. Matthew Orzech.

Your thoughts?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
QB John Wolford is ahead of Perkins

TE Mundt is way ahead of Hopkins after 7 days of TC. Mundt has been getting way more tagets than Hopkins and has shown good. Hopkins has shown nothing.

OC Allen backup, he's been taking snaps with the 1st team and been getting hugs and kudo;s from McVay. I've never been on the Allen bandwagon but he's impressed me.

RG behind Evans Shelton has been steady with the 2nd team.

RT Anchrum has been very good with 2nd team, even getting snaps at LT. will definately make the team. Aleric jackson to PS

DT Eric Banks behind A'Shawn

All in all, pretty close to what I think.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
RT Anchrum has been very good with 2nd team, even getting snaps at LT.

Do you have any more detail on that? I've always felt Anchrum might've been a great find/potential strong starter and had more upside than the rest of our depth.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
QB John Wolford is ahead of Perkins

TE Mundt is way ahead of Hopkins after 7 days of TC. Mundt has been getting way more tagets than Hopkins and has shown good. Hopkins has shown nothing.

OC Allen backup, he's been taking snaps with the 1st team and been getting hugs and kudo;s from McVay. I've never been on the Allen bandwagon but he's impressed me.

RG behind Evans Shelton has been steady with the 2nd team.

RT Anchrum has been very good with 2nd team, even getting snaps at LT. will definately make the team. Aleric jackson to PS

DT Eric Banks behind A'Shawn

All in all, pretty close to what I think.

Well BubbaRam, you & I back a little.Let’s go back to Sean Mcvay’s 2nd season in 2018. Yes Jamon Brown was on the Ped list. Williams & Demby both got cut. The backup’s were Allen & Noteboom. I can’t recall if there was another player that made the 53 on the O’Line.

It’s a numbers game.I say The Rams keep Allen,Noteboom & Brewer(Anchrum). You know better than myself, but Brewer is moving to LT from LG & Noteboom from LT to RG.
We have seen Brian Allen playing RG a lot with that 2nd unit.So you can pick your poison from The 5 Backups.

I choose Noteboom, Allen, & Brewer.

Demby seemed to be getting more RT work than Anchrum did from what I saw. Then again I wasn’t focused there & was only there 2 days.

BubbeRam ,you & VTR have been phenomenal in your efforts of giving us excellent reports & photos. I thank you guys much !!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@So Ram

My 53 man roster:

QB: Matthew Stafford, Bryce Perkins.

RB: Darrell Henderson, Xavier Jones, Jake Funk, Raymond Calais (KR/PR).

WR: Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Van Jefferson, Desean Jackson, Chatarius Atwell, Ben Skowronek, Trishton Jackson.

TE: Tyler Higbee, Jacob Harris, Brycen Hopkins, Kendall Blanton.

LT: Andrew Whitworth, Joseph Noteboom

LG: David Edwards, Chandler Brewer

OC: Austin Corbett, Tremayne Anchrum,

RG: Bobby Evans, Alaric Jackson

RT: Rob Havenstein.

DT: Aaron Donald, Bobby Brown.

NT: Sebastian Joseph-Day, Greg Gaines.

5T: A'Shawn Robinson, Earnest Brown.

OLB: Leonard Floyd, Justin Hollins, Terrell Lewis, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Chris Garrett

ILB: Ernest Jones. Travin Howard, Micah Kiser, Troy Reeder, Christian Rozeboom.

CB: Jalen Ramsey, Darious Williams, David Long, Robert Rochell.

SF: Jordan Fuller, Terrell Burgess, Taylor Rapp, Nick Scott, J.R. Reed.

K: Matthew Gay.

P: Johnny Hekker

LS. Matthew Orzech.

Your thoughts?
I can’t see a wat the John the Savior isn’t the backup QB. Perkins is the third or a PS guy imo, though we all know how much that is worth.