CAMP REPORT Camp Reports Day 6: Tues, Aug 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Do you have any more detail on that? I've always felt Anchrum might've been a great find/potential strong starter and had more upside than the rest of our depth.
Well, I don’t know about Anchrum. I think his 6’2 height makes it real tough to play Tackle in The NFL.He has to be above a beyond with his skill level Imo.
I’ve been wrong all weak though.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
@So Ram

My 53 man roster:

QB: Matthew Stafford, Bryce Perkins.

RB: Darrell Henderson, Xavier Jones, Jake Funk, Raymond Calais (KR/PR).

WR: Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Van Jefferson, Desean Jackson, Chatarius Atwell, Ben Skowronek, Trishton Jackson.

TE: Tyler Higbee, Jacob Harris, Brycen Hopkins, Kendall Blanton.

LT: Andrew Whitworth, Joseph Noteboom

LG: David Edwards, Chandler Brewer

OC: Austin Corbett, Tremayne Anchrum,

RG: Bobby Evans, Alaric Jackson

RT: Rob Havenstein.

DT: Aaron Donald, Bobby Brown.

NT: Sebastian Joseph-Day, Greg Gaines.

5T: A'Shawn Robinson, Earnest Brown.

OLB: Leonard Floyd, Justin Hollins, Terrell Lewis, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Chris Garrett

ILB: Ernest Jones. Travin Howard, Micah Kiser, Troy Reeder, Christian Rozeboom.

CB: Jalen Ramsey, Darious Williams, David Long, Robert Rochell.

SF: Jordan Fuller, Terrell Burgess, Taylor Rapp, Nick Scott, J.R. Reed.

K: Matthew Gay.

P: Johnny Hekker

LS. Matthew Orzech.

Your thoughts?

Wow - yeah not so sure about that at all. Mundt will make the squad & at least another D-Lineman.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Well, I don’t know about Anchrum. I think his 6’2 height makes it real tough to play Tackle in The NFL.He has to be above a beyond with his skill level Imo.
I’ve been wrong all weak though.
Yeah, I remember initially people talked about him as a possible G or even C.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Wow - yeah not so sure about that at all. Mundt will make the squad & at least another D-Lineman.

Fair enough. I'd gladly nix Hopkins, but I don't know if the team is. I also replaced Mundt with Blanton. I don't know who I take out for another D-line pick; I'd gladly sub in Banks, but I didn't have room to fit him along with the Browns.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fair enough. I'd gladly nix Hopkins, but I don't know if the team is. I also replaced Mundt with Blanton. I don't know who I take out for another D-line pick; I'd gladly sub in Banks, but I didn't have room to fit him along with the Browns.

well I don’t see Rozeboom making it
& Garret with T. Lewis if healthy should be the starter.Hollins adds depth.

oldnotdead

Legend
IMO Anchrum is strictly an OG in the NFL. The fact he is at OT tells me he's simply a placeholder until Alaric Jackson is developed enough to join the rotation which in reality should be next year. They have a lot of OG's and potential RTs on this roster already. At 6'2" he won't be able to prevent a much taller DE from getting his hands up to block the passing lane to the right. The same can be said even if he plays inside. Which is why OG's are usually in the 6'4" to 6'5" range. That might not seem like much but it is. If Anchrum is going to play in the NFL then center is the only logical place for him to do it.

Austin Blythe is 6'3" and he struggled badly both at OG and at center with trying to keep defenders from batting passes and look how many times he failed. He physically doesn't fit with this OL. He literally would have to stone the defender and not allow any penetration.

oldnotdead

Legend
Remember the old song: "Love the one you're with".

I know I'm in the minority but I don't have a wandering eye when I'm happy in a relationship. I can appreciate a beautiful woman but in all honesty, that's as far as it goes when I'm happy. I was married 17 years and only the last 3 weren't great. But even then we remained honest and faithful with each other and we were best of friends until COVID got her last summer. Hell she and my GF would talk for hours on the phone once or twice a week.

To me, personality is the biggest turn-on. I worked for 7 years at United Artists and was on a lot of production sets as part of my job. I will tell you in all honesty most movie stars are complete turnoffs personality-wise. That carried over when I encountered them at Torrey Pines. The label today would be "entitled Karens". I could never see beyond their toxic personality.

When I lived in Laguna Nigel and Laguna Beach beautiful women were everywhere. But money and entitlement are corrosive. My best friend used to work for the Palos Verdes School system and we would often talk about the attitudes of the teen girls and their mothers. All that simply made me appreciate how lucky I've been in my relationships.

Yeah give me a great personality, and intelligence (someone you can actually hold a conversation with) then physical beauty is simply icing on the cake. Yup, IMO personality is what makes a woman sexy.

Psycho_X

Legend

I know I'm in the minority but I don't have a wandering eye when I'm happy in a relationship. I can appreciate a beautiful woman but in all honesty, that's as far as it goes when I'm happy. I was married 17 years and only the last 3 weren't great. But even then we remained honest and faithful with each other and we were best of friends until COVID got her last summer. Hell she and my GF would talk for hours on the phone once or twice a week.

To me, personality is the biggest turn-on. I worked for 7 years at United Artists and was on a lot of production sets as part of my job. I will tell you in all honesty most movie stars are complete turnoffs personality-wise. That carried over when I encountered them at Torrey Pines. The label today would be "entitled Karens". I could never see beyond their toxic personality.

When I lived in Laguna Nigel and Laguna Beach beautiful women were everywhere. But money and entitlement are corrosive. My best friend used to work for the Palos Verdes School system and we would often talk about the attitudes of the teen girls and their mothers. All that simply made me appreciate how lucky I've been in my relationships.

Yeah give me a great personality, and intelligence (someone you can actually hold a conversation with) then physical beauty is simply icing on the cake. Yup, IMO personality is what makes a woman sexy.
I kept waiting for this to swing back to offensive lineman some how as a metaphor or something for us loving who we have and not wishing they'd get cut or something. But I kept reading... and realized that I think this was just a mis-post in the wrong forum? I don't know, I've been conditioned by So Ram to never assume a post's randomness might not eventually swing back to something kind of football related at times.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
First, kudos to oldnotdead and Memento for putting out their respective roster projections.

I mostly agree with both projections but I do have a couple of comments to insert.

I would be stunned if Anchrum doesn’t make the 53, especially if they keep 10 OL. I’m seeing a future starter in Anchrum, probably inside.

Gonna be a real Donnybrook to learn who will be that 6th WR. Or will they keep 7 in anticipation of a DJ injury? If so, both Skow and Trishton Jackson could squeak in. Just don’t see how they can keep 7 WR’s this year given the tight races at so many other positions.

Sounds like Hopkins is in trouble despite being picked 4th round last year. Higbee, Mundt, Harris, and Blanton are my picks for the 53. They’re all earning it on the field and Hopkins isn’t. Sorry.

Shelton inexplicably seems to be in trouble, too, based on multiple camp reports. His troubles go way beyond a bad series or a bad day. He’s having a bad camp. Corbett and Allen sound like locks at OC.

Positives on Garrett have been scarce as hen’s teeth. I think he’s definitely on the bubble, although maybe as PS candidate for development.

There may be a 5th CB, but I’m damned if I know who it would be behind Ramsey, DW, Long, and Rochell.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I've been to all 7 practices and Anchrum has mostly played RT and some LT with the twos, Even some RT with the ones. Not once have I seen him play G. Maybe because they're looking at other guys at G. Or just maybe, short arms and height, they think his best spot is at T.
So far I'd say he's done a pretty good job there too.
Nothing set in stone yet, have to see how they do in pre-season.
Just sayin'.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Can I put a LOVE emoji on this!!

Sad to hear about the loss of your beauty.The timing of reading your post was awesome. It resonates close to home. Life’s cycle. — speaking of

Peace!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I kept waiting for this to swing back to offensive lineman some how as a metaphor or something for us loving who we have and not wishing they'd get cut or something. But I kept reading... and realized that I think this was just a mis-post in the wrong forum? I don't know, I've been conditioned by So Ram to never assume a post's randomness might not eventually swing back to something kind of football related at times.

LMAO - excellent!!! Got to love the one’s you got.

I think that is a Sean Mcvay thing. Next Man up !! I’m just loving life right now,because I’m in a good space with a beautiful woman.

If GOD struck me down today ? I’d say that sort of sucks,but I’ve lived a good life & have been blessed.

If Troy Reeder got cut I’d be bummed.If it was because T. Lewis was going to have an All-Pro season
then I’d be pretty happy he was healthy.

BC Ramfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
BC Ramfan
I mostly agree, a few slight differences.
Here's my current 53:

QB: Matthew Stafford, John Wolford.

WR: Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Van Jefferson, Desean Jackson, Chatarius Atwell, Ben Skowronek.

TE: Tyler Higbee, Jacob Harris, Johnny Mundt, Kendall Blanton.

OC: Austin Corbett, Brian Allen.

RG: Bobby Evans, Tremayne Anchrum.

RT: Rob Havenstein, Alaric Jackson.

5T: A'Shawn Robinson, Earnest Brown, Eric Banks.

OLB: Leonard Floyd, Justin Hollins, Terrell Lewis, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo.

ILB: Ernest Jones. Travin Howard, Micah Kiser, Troy Reeder.

LS. Matthew Orzech.

Could use an FA RB.
Otherwise looks good to me with some good depth to the PS.

BC

Tano

Legend
LMAO - excellent!!! Got to love the one’s you got.

I think that is a Sean Mcvay thing. Next Man up !! I’m just loving life right now,because I’m in a good space with a beautiful woman.

If GOD struck me down today ? I’d say that sort of sucks,but I’ve lived a good life & have been blessed.

If Troy Reeder got cut I’d be bummed.If it was because T. Lewis was going to have an All-Pro season
then I’d be pretty happy he was healthy.
Troy Reeder is a good back-up. Don't want him as primary ILB though.

Tano

Legend
I mostly agree, a few slight differences.
Here's my current 53:

QB: Matthew Stafford, John Wolford.

WR: Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp, Van Jefferson, Desean Jackson, Chatarius Atwell, Ben Skowronek.

TE: Tyler Higbee, Jacob Harris, Johnny Mundt, Kendall Blanton.

OC: Austin Corbett, Brian Allen.

RG: Bobby Evans, Tremayne Anchrum.

RT: Rob Havenstein, Alaric Jackson.

5T: A'Shawn Robinson, Earnest Brown, Eric Banks.

OLB: Leonard Floyd, Justin Hollins, Terrell Lewis, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo.

ILB: Ernest Jones. Travin Howard, Micah Kiser, Troy Reeder.

LS. Matthew Orzech.

Could use an FA RB.
Otherwise looks good to me with some good depth to the PS.

BC
I like this.

I just hope we can keep some of the guys on the practice squad.

I like the other Jackson to make the practice squad.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm skeptical re: Anchrum at OT too, specifically LT. But Kromer went on about his arm length making that possible. And said they had been putting him at LT. This was around March this offseason and before he got fired.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
First, kudos to oldnotdead and Memento for putting out their respective roster projections.

I mostly agree with both projections but I do have a couple of comments to insert.

I would be stunned if Anchrum doesn’t make the 53, especially if they keep 10 OL. I’m seeing a future starter in Anchrum, probably inside.

Gonna be a real Donnybrook to learn who will be that 6th WR. Or will they keep 7 in anticipation of a DJ injury? If so, both Skow and Trishton Jackson could squeak in. Just don’t see how they can keep 7 WR’s this year given the tight races at so many other positions.

Sounds like Hopkins is in trouble despite being picked 4th round last year. Higbee, Mundt, Harris, and Blanton are my picks for the 53. They’re all earning it on the field and Hopkins isn’t. Sorry.

Shelton inexplicably seems to be in trouble, too, based on multiple camp reports. His troubles go way beyond a bad series or a bad day. He’s having a bad camp. Corbett and Allen sound like locks at OC.

Positives on Garrett have been scarce as hen’s teeth. I think he’s definitely on the bubble, although maybe as PS candidate for development.

There may be a 5th CB, but I’m damned if I know who it would be behind Ramsey, DW, Long, and Rochell.

well if you want to think about Chicks & Football? There is DD(double D”) at CB. The coaching staff seems to like his BODY of work.

10 Offensive Lineman ? I have a theory on that now more than ever with Mcvay. The Special teams Kick Off Rule has changed.
Another words is you need more speed & tacklers than big men blocking.
I’d say 8 Offensive Lineman.The practice squad is important to develop O’Lineman. So I can’t see 10 lineman at all.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I've been to all 7 practices and Anchrum has mostly played RT and some LT with the twos, Even some RT with the ones. Not once have I seen him play G. Maybe because they're looking at other guys at G. Or just maybe, short arms and height, they think his best spot is at T.
So far I'd say he's done a pretty good job there too.
Nothing set in stone yet, have to see how they do in pre-season.
Just sayin'.
Solid take & info on Anchrum.

I heard talk about Anchrum being a good fit at RT because of his quickness & size.
The edge rushers are not that big which makes it easier for him to square up.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Well shortness of stature and short arms usually means an O-Lineman moves inside, as opposed to OT. However, maybe the Rams are thinking this is Havenstein's final season in L.A. and are trying to determine if Anchrum can be his replacement.

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Remember when we were pinning our hopes on the likes of Chris Givens, Greg Salas, Pettis (can't even remember his first name), and Brian Quick.

We've come a long way baby...
Austin Pettis and of course Mardy Gilyard