Cam Akers Out - Coach's Decision

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
From Jourdan:

"Akers was praised by coaches for the quality of his preseason and training camp and took leadoff reps in practices throughout that entire time. Still, McVay and other coaches have made it clear that each week would be a competition at most positions."

I'd put a lil money down that the game plan for this week had Kyren in a larger role and he responded similarly to last year.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
Interesting that the story is that Cam is on the trade block as opposed to the Rams cutting him. I’d be surprised if we get anything more than a 6th.. unless he’s part of some package deal…

The whole thing is just so bizarre

WestCoastRam

Legend
Interesting that the story is that Cam is on the trade block as opposed to the Rams cutting him. I’d be surprised if we get anything more than a 6th.. unless he’s part of some package deal…

The whole thing is just so bizarre
Hey man, how often do you think about the Roman Empi... nevermind

I mean, I think you at least try to trade and let teams know but the chances of one are virtually zero.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I think it’s more production and not attitude. He’s in a contract year and some games his production is just bad. He doesn’t have breakaway speed and isn’t making ppl miss. If they know he won’t be resigned, might as well get something for him.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd put a lil money down that the game plan for this week had Kyren in a larger role and he responded similarly to last year.
This seems likely. Wiiliams outperformed him and probably got the start this week. Akers probably didn't take it well.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

I mean, I think you at least try to trade and let teams know but the chances of one are virtually zero.
Dude.. that whole Roman Empire thing made me laugh.

I literally do not think about the Roman Empire.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm pissed about this. Physicality is something I value greatly vs SF. But I trust the staff here bottom line.

Antonius

Pro Bowler

My girlfriend asked me this earlier this week, I answered about once a week of course, but what gives

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well maybe Cam will join us in the gameday thread.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
What is wrong with this? He holds on to the ball and celebrates with his teammates?

Body language.. he didnt seem very enthused to me. Maybe I misread it.
I picked up on it too. It’s kind of hard to explain. He’s kind of looking down.. just doesn’t seem happy.