Cam Akers Out - Coach's Decision

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Man... if this is the same thing.. how could he have ANY trade value?

I love the idea of Taylor, but what I've read about what Indy is asking, it's just not possible.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Nobody on an internet forum knows what has actually happened; all we can do is speculate.

My theory is that he has been abducted by aliens, but McVay refuses to accept this as an excuse.
I still think its cuz Akers was the one that shitted in the port-a-potty

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Hahahaha... oh man, welp, looks like the same character issues from last year reared their head again. Unbelievable. I drank the kool aid that he could be a big part of our rotation this year. Rams should have had a contingency here. Uh.
I don't claim to be a football guru but I saw little Kyren Williams look more like a consistent NFL back then Akers.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.

I love the idea of Taylor, but what I've read about what Indy is asking, it's just not possible.
Taylor is not able to play until week 5 at the earliest. Rams play the Colts in week 4.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Kyren Williams looks like a decent back.. but let's be real.. he's undersized and very, very limited as an athlete. He had the second worst Relative Athletic Score of all the RBs in last year's draft.
He'll produce some, but he's not a player who's going to make a difference, imo.

I was dead wrong on Akers, it seems... so maybe I'm dead wrong on this. But I just think they need someone with juice in the backfield.. that would be Evans on the roster right now. Rivers seems to be a nice between the tackles guy too.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.

It’s possible that they already have a trade in place and don’t want to risk injury. I don’t expect them to get much but he is still under team control through next season because he missed the entire 2021 Regular season due to a Non Football Injury. That adds some value. Probably a 4th -6th round pick.

Psycho_X

Legend
Mmmmmk. Well, Williams has shown to be the better running back in his limited play so far and is more of a playmaker. And Rivers has shown enough to be a good backup. And it was likely Akers wouldn't be here next year as a free agent so if we can get anything for him it'd be worth it probably. Hopefully Williams stays healthy though.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
It’s possible that they already have a trade in place and don’t want to risk injury. I don’t expect them to get much but he is still under team control through next season because he missed the entire 2021 Regular season due to a Non Football Injury. That adds some value. Probably a 4th -6th round pick.
That would be an absolutely best-case scenario.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.

They want too much for him and he wants bag of money to play. Neither fit the Rams current austerity plan.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I wonder if Akers took offence to being called out for running to contact. In TC I thought he was just trying to get used to the contact, but I noticed at least a couple runs last week were he cut to contact like he was avoiding open field.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Cam has been pouting since last year. I didn't understand when people were saying he was going to have a breakout year this season. Sure, he played well enough in trash games in a lost season, but he just has not been the same since his rookie year. At this point, assuming this is not a family or injury issue, he gotta gooooo...

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
They want too much for him and he wants bag of money to play. Neither fit the Rams current austerity plan.
I think that the money thing is less of an issue than many think.
The Rams were willing to trade for CMC last year.
If they truly look at him as a DIFFERENCE MAKER at the position, I think they'd consider it. I think the trade compensation thing is the bigger issue.

Of course, complete speculation on my part.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
Neither of the starting running backs for the 2021 Super bowl champions will be playing anywhere this Sunday.

Time to move on from Mr Akers, too.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Not a great sign going into the SF game. He got 22 carries and a TD last week. A bunch of those carries were after we had the game wrapped.

WTF is going on with 5his guy. I too am now on the get him off the team.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
IF this is an attitude issue GTFO of here Akers. Trade him to Ravens and be done. Give Evans some run

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Double homicide.
shooting black and white GIF by hoppip

WestCoastRam

Legend
I don't claim to be a football guru but I saw little Kyren Williams look more like a consistent NFL back then Akers.

Totally fair. I chalked a lot of Akers issues last week up to running into a ton of loaded boxes and Williams had a ton of light boxes due to being in for a lot of traditional passing sets/downs.

That being said, I'm sure there was coaching Akers received and a game plan was put in place for this week... I suspect what we're seeing is how he reacted to that (in addition to his history).

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Fuck me.

You could tell he didn't want any part of Mcvay celebrating with him after his td last week. That relationship looks dead.

WestCoastRam

Legend
That would be an absolutely best-case scenario.
I mean, I can't see a trade for him but if there was one, it would be criminal for any team to trade more than a conditional 6-7th for a guy who's not gonna be on our roster in a week.