Cam Akers Out - Coach's Decision

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Maybe but the Browns may also be reaching-out to free agent Kareem Hunt.

arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Thinking RBs have been falling recently and that may help the Rams actually get something for Akers. Maybe even a 6th.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It’s a good time to be a seller on the RB market - they may actually be able to get a late round pick

Ramon Ram

Starter
I have Akers on my fantasy team so I'm hoping he ends up on a good team but I doubt it. His value is nothing and Browns backs are better as are Ravens.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
KW is already showing what NO RB has shown since Gurley. He’s getting tough yards, reading cuts, and making blocks in the passing game. I agree, his size will be his biggest challenge because of the rigors of being a #1 back; but he has shown a level of confidence and toughness that is encouraging.
Williams has done everything well. Even if they want to use him a lot, they still need to get Rivers snaps and PLEASE PLEASE, speed up Zack Evans development by getting him involved too. Unless they think Freeman is a better option.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
McVay confirmed on the show with Farr and JB Long that Akers has played his last down as a Ram.

Yikes

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
That'll help trade value!
Umm, maybe not....
It usually doesn't matter much.

The Rams are initiating the trade so every team knows they don't want him. They also have the news on his benching. At this point it just comes down to a Team wanting him and not wanting the chance another team claims him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My concern with Akers is that he may be barking back at the staff about defenses knowing he is in there to get his touches on the ground. Which in turn lead to keying on the run and guys in the backfield.

So it is possible he is right if that is what is going on.
I keep seeing this idea floating out there. The problem I see with this notion is that it's somewhat of a self fulfilling prophesy. If you're not good at pass blocking, and you haven't really showed an ability to chip and then leak out, or run good routes, you are demonstrating that your only purpose is to run the ball. Then if you are not a runner that is quick to the hole (which Cam is showing), defenses don't even have to commit to the run to stop it. If your RB can't block, and isn't a threat as a receiver, how does he in turn help your passing game?

Is it a mystery why Henderson seemed to get the passing plays when he was the #2 back?

Ellard80

Legend
yeah we really don't know at this point what happened with akers the past couple years.

eventually we probably will no more specifics.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
This is why Ramsey was moved and why our secondary already looks better.
I don't know about this. DBs are getting cooked. I think McVay is intentionally trying to control TOP to limit the amount of possessions teams have against our D.

Psycho_X

Legend
Heard the Vikings might be in play with Kevin O'Connell. Probably just fan blogger rumors though but would make sense as their run game is sucking so far.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
And my thread stalker with another chill rating! How cute!
If it's that Giles person, that is exactly why I blocked them a year or so ago. Dude was handing out "Chills" like condoms at a swinger party.....

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, whatever it is, I hope the guy (Cam) is ok. After last year, I thought the Rams and Cam had worked it out. It has to be more than a performance issue, but I guess it doesn't need to be. All the best to Cam.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't know about this. DBs are getting cooked. I think McVay is intentionally trying to control TOP to limit the amount of possessions teams have against our D.
Our defensive rankings are quite good and that is in spite of playing two top offenses to start the season.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Our defensive rankings are quite good and that is in spite of playing two top offenses to start the season.

Still, I'd like to see more rotation with Tomlinson & Shelley.