Byron Murphy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Worthy has like 40 pounds on Tutu.... I'm seeing Worthy rated as the top return man in the draft, so I'm assuming there is sentiment out there to put him there. But we'll see... I honestly feel like the rule change for returns increased his value and some others.
According to what site? Worthy is listed at 5'11 165lbs at the combine. Tutu 5'9 155lbs. That is 2 very skinny guys. That 10lbs higher is offset by that 2" in height he has. I'd want nothing to do with Worthy returning kicks/punts in the NFL where he will be getting tackled by guys who have 100lbs on him. See Tutu's 1st return (I believe it was his first).

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
That would be stupendous.
I was thinking that the other day. The Rams could go all FSU and fill a lot of their holes, Verse, FIske, Benson, Coleman, and even Jordan Travis. Might as well take Renardo Green too.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
According to what site? Worthy is listed at 5'11 165lbs at the combine. Tutu 5'9 155lbs. That is 2 very skinny guys. That 10lbs higher is offset by that 2" in height he has. I'd want nothing to do with Worthy returning kicks/punts in the NFL where he will be getting tackled by guys who have 100lbs on him. See Tutu's 1st return (I believe it was his first).
Lol

My bad
I was looking at the wrong WR named Xavier coming out.. . I had liggett up... yeah worthy is small... and yeah Tutu's brief NFL return career was dreadful. I've often felt this inability to return kicks made his spot on the roster wasted.... although he did have some moments to redeem himself.. im ready for us to move on.

We've kept Xavier Smith from last year and I'm hoping it's because he's shown some promise as a potential return man....I was hoping he'd get a shot last year but i understand Trammell and Rivers had been around the team longer.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So am I but I fear it's going to take a trade up to get him. That brings me back to rather trading back for extra Top 100 picks. The draft seems to have that Tier 2 talent that's not that far behind the 1st rounders. At 19, it's mostly at the end of those Tier 1 players in my eyes but you could trade down into the early 20s and watch who drops to you. So are you better going after a hand me down Tier 1 and two Tier 2s?
I think it's a very real possibility he's there for us.

1 Caleb
2 Daniels
3 Maye (thinking Minny trades up and 2 or 3 could flip and flop)
4 Harrison Jr
5 Alt
6 Nabers
7 McCarthy
8 Latu
9 Odunze
10 Fuaga
11 Fashanu
12 Fautanu
13 Nix/Penix ( think the Faiders could go either)
14 Turner
15 Mitchell
16 Arnold
17 Thomas Jr
18 Bowers
19 Verse

And you can honestly swap Latu/Turner/Verse in any order I've seen them mocked to all 3 spots by "experts". I personally don't like Latu's injury history. I fully get it but somebody will yet again still preach to me there's no problem with it I just don't like it. But if the Rams are ok with it I'm ok with it. So it absolutely is possible one of those 3 edges can drop to us.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was thinking that the other day. The Rams could go all FSU and fill a lot of their holes, Verse, FIske, Benson, Coleman, and even Jordan Travis. Might as well take Renardo Green too.
Green could be a very good pick. His one game against Nabers will get him a lot of looks.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think it's a very real possibility he's there for us.

1 Caleb
2 Daniels
3 Maye (thinking Minny trades up and 2 or 3 could flip and flop)
4 Harrison Jr
5 Alt
6 Nabers
7 McCarthy
8 Latu
9 Odunze
10 Fuaga
11 Fashanu
12 Fautanu
13 Nix/Penix ( think the Faiders could go either)
14 Turner
15 Mitchell
16 Arnold
17 Thomas Jr
18 Bowers
19 Verse

And you can honestly swap Latu/Turner/Verse in any order I've seen them mocked to all 3 spots by "experts". I personally don't like Latu's injury history. I fully get it but somebody will yet again still preach to me there's no problem with it I just don't like it. But if the Rams are ok with it I'm ok with it. So it absolutely is possible one of those 3 edges can drop to us.
If one of those 3 or Mitchell, Arnold are not there, trade back would be my move. But of course, if all those are gone. chances are a OT or WR or even DT might drop that they like so who the hell knows.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I'd been on a CB train all off season even over edge until signing Williams and White. I still think there's a chance our coach goes WR and I've supported that thought. But I've been CB all off season in the 1st until free agency now it's Edge Verse or Turner and Latu 3rd because of his injury past.
Would love to see teams reaching for QB'S. The more QB's drafted the better our chances are at landing a
top edge rusher.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If one of those 3 or Mitchell, Arnold are not there, trade back would be my move. But of course, if all those are gone. chances are a OT or WR or even DT might drop that they like so who the hell knows.
We are almost guaranteed a shot at one of the top 2 DT's. Sadly, I think the top 2 CB's and top 3 Edges have a real chance of being gone.

Our best chance is 6 QB's gone. I think there is outside chance Nix and Penix go in the top half of the 1st. Penix did himself a lot of good at his pro day and some team could be very afraid of losing out on him, as the drop off after the top 6 is immense.

Outside of that, another OT or JPJ going before 19 would help us a lot.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
And my point is you, me and everybody else has no idea what is likely to be picked at #19. I've pointed out countless times I think it was a CB until free agency then it's switched to edge. But something about our Head Coach makes me think based on his comments in the recent past he's going to maximize the last couple of years we have Stafford. None of us know what will be the pick but there are a lot of people that are almost arrogantly dismissing the idea of a WR (not saying you here). We don't know what they'll pick. Yes that's what we're discussing here what we want them to pick.

But to dismiss something IMO isn't keeping an open mind to what our HC could do. And to say it won't be a WR because we spent $4 on a #3 WR seems short sighted. After Kupp, Nacua and Robinson we have Atwell who is expendable and clears $1.4 million in cap space (which btw pays the majority of the #19's first round pick) and Skowronek who also clears $1 million in cap space.

I see no reason with the depth chart at WR would rule out a WR at 19. A WR picked at 19 will not be our #4 WR. He may start the season that way though I doubt it but he won't be our #4 WR. Robinson would assuming the 2 at the top of the depth chart are healthy.

Again because some can't seem to remember what I've said. I think it's an edge at 19. One of my draft crushes is Anias Smith WR Texas A&M. He's a good X WR that IMO we desperately need. And he's a phenomenal returner. That said I can still see a WR at 19 or even if they trade down a bit in the 1st.
I'm all for having an open mind, and you are correct that nobody knows for sure what's going to happen. But making conjectures based on the teams moves before the draft is what those of us who follow all of this do. Sometimes we're wrong, sometimes we're right. To me, I'm going to keep my conjectures within the context of what makes sense...again based on evidence like our actual moves. Moving on from Tutu and Skowronek makes a lot of sense, but we've already resigned Robinson and now Tyler Johnson. There are position groups were a rookie could come in and start for sure next year, and WR wouldn't be one of them. Maybe I'm putting too much on the #19 pick being that we haven't picked in the first round for so long...but I'm thinking #19 will be on the defensive side of the ball.

and I would love getting Anais Smith in the later rounds.... I just want an explosive return guy and a explosive X WR.... I'm excited about this draft putting us in a position to win the NFC because of how well last year's draft worked out for us.

Part of me is still hoping for a CB at #19.....specifically Quinyon Mitchell... You plug him in wide opposite Williams, work White back in as your slot guy ...with Curl and Lake... We'd have a shutdown secondary IMO.... that opportunity leaves CB as still a viable option at #19 if Mitchell is there...... if Verse is there...the opportunity to put him opposite Young gives 2 young stars coming off the edge...that would be difficult to pass up

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm all for having an open mind, and you are correct that nobody knows for sure what's going to happen. But making conjectures based on the teams moves before the draft is what those of us who follow all of this do. Sometimes we're wrong, sometimes we're right. To me, I'm going to keep my conjectures within the context of what makes sense...again based on evidence like our actual moves. Moving on from Tutu and Skowronek makes a lot of sense, but we've already resigned Robinson and now Tyler Johnson. There are position groups were a rookie could come in and start for sure next year, and WR wouldn't be one of them. Maybe I'm putting too much on the #19 pick being that we haven't picked in the first round for so long...but I'm thinking #19 will be on the defensive side of the ball.

and I would love getting Anais Smith in the later rounds.... I just want an explosive return guy and a explosive X WR.... I'm excited about this draft putting us in a position to win the NFC because of how well last year's draft worked out for us.

Part of me is still hoping for a CB at #19.....specifically Quinyon Mitchell... You plug him in wide opposite Williams, work White back in as your slot guy ...with Curl and Lake... We'd have a shutdown secondary IMO.... that opportunity leaves CB as still a viable option at #19 if Mitchell is there...... if Verse is there...the opportunity to put him opposite Young gives 2 young stars coming off the edge...that would be difficult to pass up
Sadly, I think the Mitchell ship has sailed. I'd be blown away if he was available at 19. I'd have a tough time choosing between Latu and Mitchell because of love them both as prospects, but, I'd probably err to the side of Edge. We just need more help there and the drop off is pretty bad there.

Last edited:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
It's going to be interesting because there are so many ways they can go and still meet a need at the same time. And then, there's the chance they go BPA, no matter what, at 19.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Sadly, I think the Mitchell ship has sailed. I'd be blown away if he was available at 19. I'd have a tough time choose between Latu and Mitchell because of love them both as prospects, but, I'd probably err to the side of Edge. We just need more help there and the drop off is pretty bad there.
I'm a UCLA guy and would Love Latu... but if we had to choose between Latu and Mitchell I'd probably go with Mitchell... I think we like Hampton, Mathis, Thomas and hoecht enough to choose a D lineman like Newton or Murphy over Latu if they're available...

Or picking Latu in the first and hoping A t'vondre sweat is there in the 2nd.

I agree there is a bit of a drop off at edge in this draft class but IF we like what we have currently getting we may be able to afford to wait

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I hate seeing a stud player that we all want for the Rams to drop because ultimately just as we are finishing are dances of delight.....the Rams select some other player we had no idea they were interested in. :)

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I hate seeing a stud player that we all want for the Rams to drop because ultimately just as we are finishing are dances of delight.....the Rams select some other player we had no idea they were interested in. :)
LMAO. How true. Or he's sitting there and they trade down.....which really isn't bad.....just not what many want if a stud is sitting there. I think half of the entertainment the draft gives me is fans reactions to picks or players not taken.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly. See Humphrey, Creed.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
As much as I like Worthy and Adonai Mitchell...I gotta say that Jordan Whittington has really caught my eye for Texas out of their skill position players. He's not a fast receiver, but he has size, is physical, catches almost everything thrown to him, breaks tons of tackles, is a solid, solid route runner, and blocks tenaciously.

He honestly reminds me of a mix of Amon-Ra St. Brown and Puka Nacua stylistically.
Would he fill the X receiver role? What do you think the Rams are looking for most? Kupp insurance or a vertical threat?