Byron Murphy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hall Jr is one of a handful of DT's that are the reason we don't have e to take a DT in the first.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan

I’d take him in the second after going Edge in the first. You’re not going to find AD, so you’re not going to get the same impact from an interior defensive lineman that you would an edge. Edge in the first, DT in the second, pick up a inside linebacker at some point and be good.

Besides, Turner is only going to get better. If we find him the space eater type (like AD having Brockers) it will help immensely

WestCoastRam

Legend
I’d take him in the second after going Edge in the first. You’re not going to find AD, so you’re not going to get the same impact from an interior defensive lineman that you would an edge. Edge in the first, DT in the second, pick up a inside linebacker at some point and be good.

Besides, Turner is only going to get better. If we find him the space eater type (like AD having Brockers) it will help immensely
That would be if an edge was worth taking in the 1st when we pick...

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Hall Jr is one of a handful of DT's that are the reason we don't have e to take a DT in the first.
I know we had tremendous luck taking an undersized DT in the past, but, man, Hall is 6'3 290. That is pretty thin and it showed in his inability to defend the run well. I'm not touching him in the 2nd round, there will be much better prospects to choose from IMO. I don't hate the prospect, just do not think he has business being in the 2nd round. 3rd-4th, sure. 2nd, not for me.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Murphy's pro day did nothing to quell my tumescence of imagining him in horns.

I know its fresh in the mind, but, he reminded me of a young Donald when he was about to get drafted. Murphy was not nearly as productive as the great one, but body type and athleticism remind me of him..... a bit. There won't be another Donald however.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Murphy's pro day did nothing to quell my tumescence of imagining him in horns.

I know it’s fresh in the mind, but, he reminded me of a young Donald when he was about to get drafted. Murphy was not nearly as productive as the great one, but body type and athleticism remind me of him..... a bit. There won't be another Donald however.
They could still draft an edge in the 2nd.. if they believe in this kid.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know we had tremendous luck taking an undersized DT in the past, but, man, Hall is 6'3 290. That is pretty thin and it showed in his inability to defend the run well. I'm not touching him in the 2nd round, there will be much better prospects to choose from IMO. I don't hate the prospect, just do not think he has business being in the 2nd round. 3rd-4th, sure. 2nd, not for me.
He's not going to play NT he's going to take Turners spot when Turner moves to AD's spot. Bobby Brown will stay at NT at 324 lbs. The size of Hall is irrelevant to his draft status. He's what 5 lbs less than Murphy you're talking about in the 1st? I don't see the worry sorry.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Whether they go for a DT.....Newton, Murphy.....in the first or not, I feel pretty certain they will get a DT in this draft. I want Murphy over Newton but what do I know? I have enduring confidence in their draft acumen. Unless they draft a QB with one of their first four choices, I feel really good they will get 4 guys who will contribute in 2024. What makes this draft more interesting is the success they had in free agency. DRob, Dotson, Jackson, DWill, Curl and Parkinson. That's 6 needs they don't necessarily have to address with priority.

QB - set
OL - set
WR - depth
RB - depth
TE - depth

DL - need
OLB - need

ILB - need/depth
CB - depth/need

S - depth

PK - need

That's not a lot of need.

Last edited:

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's not going to play NT he's going to take Turners spot when Turner moves to AD's spot. Bobby Brown will stay at NT at 324 lbs. The size of Hall is irrelevant to his draft status. He's what 5 lbs less than Murphy you're talking about in the 1st? I don't see the worry sorry.
My bad, I saw some incorrect info that Hall Jr was sub 280 at 6'3. I just saw he had his pro day measurements done and he was 6'3 299 (Murphy is 6' 297, so a bit thicker, but no biggie). Hall apparently ran 4.76 and had some good numbers is rest of testing. That is much better then I thought he'd do.

I knew he was never a candidate for NT at his size

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My bad, I saw some incorrect info that Hall Jr was sub 280 at 6'3. I just saw he had his pro day measurements done and he was 6'3 299 (Murphy is 6' 297, so a bit thicker, but no biggie). Hall apparently ran 4.76 and had some good numbers is rest of testing. That is much better then I thought he'd do.

I knew he was never a candidate for NT at his size
Yeah Hall is the perfect size to take over for Turner as we likely move him into AD's role or even take AD's role himself. We can then later rounds draft a big beefy man maybe like Jordan Jefferson from LSU who most often is shown as a 5th or 6th round pick at 6'3" 313 lbs or a similar guy Fabien Lovett from Florida St. He's the same size but is bigger in some measurables like arms, wingspan and hands and actually a better run defender but around the same draft slot.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man would I love to see Sweat manning the middle of our D Line. Yeah, I probably have too much love for the Texas boys, but they are very talented. Sweat is about the most talented massive guy to come out in years. Not just a run plugger.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Rams could move down a bit and accrue another pick and still end up with a nice DT addition at the top.
I'll bet most of my Rod dollars that there will a trade down at some point to net a 4th rounder to fill the void between picks 99 & 154

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
In that scenario my money is on the Rams being open to a trade down. Although something about Chop isn’t settling.
If they do trade back, that means that they didn’t see a big enough gap between what they could get in round 2 from what is left at 19.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Ultimately, outside of Hall Jr, I'm not a fan of any DT that can step in and start day 1 for us. Its a pretty top heavy and shallow DT class IMO. That's why Sweat keeps moving up my board. I'm to the point that trading back to late 1st and grabbing him is starting to sound intriguing to me. The knock on Sweat is that he won't be in there for 3 downs, I disagree with that. He has some of the most snaps (or close to equal) of the top end DT prospects. The guy is also not a liability rushing the QB.
I agree ... even if he has to come out every 5 or 6 plays, he's still a big upgrade over Brown.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I agree ... even if he has to come out every 5 or 6 plays, he's still a big upgrade over Brown.
Sounds like a player that might require some timeouts if the opponent goes no huddle or keeps close to the line of scrimmage.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you really think The Rams go DT that early ? If your looking at the depth of OLB/DE IMO The Rams have to & will go in that direction.Even move up in the draft to address 1 of the 3. Pork Chop Robinson might be a player that falls out of the 1st.rd, & CB might be the direction as well The Rams go ?? Then again your more dialed in the draft than myself.

The Rams are thin upfront though.The Brown Bro’s will play a Big part of what The D’ Front looks like.
killer avatar So Ram

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yeah, there are 2 Clemson guys, Jenkins from Michigan and Hall, just off the top of my head that could all be there at 52.