Brandin Cooks Traded to Houston Texans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
This is the part that scares me. Can we realistically be competitive this year?

And we still need to sign Ramsey and Kupp.
Last saw
Who would the pick be?

I think they hope to turn this into two picks. Lets say Balt trades up from 60 and gives up their 4th, at 128.

Or same with 52 to get an extra pick.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Alright boys, time to rack up some frequent flier miles and do some scouting!
Oh wait...

BC Ramfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
BC Ramfan
And after all those worry wart conversations about mortgaging the future, getting tied down to the mega contacts, being stuck, going All In and being fucked if it doesn't work blah blah etc....
well_there_it_is_jurassic_park.gif

tumblr_ndex8gzsdo1ricqlko2_r1_500.gif

giphy.gif
Nice. Big Jeff Goldblum fan. VERY smart and witty guy.
BC

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
You gotta roll the dice sometimes. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. If Gurley's knee and production holds up and Cooks doesn't get concussed twice and keeps up his 2018 level of production, we'd all be singing a different tune on those contracts.
I think the big take away here is Snead looks at what is in front of him and does what needs to be done. Doesn't worry about how it looks from the outside. Just does what is best as he sees it. Never settles. He just tries to make the situation better. I like it

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Ok, next question now that we know we are dumping the Gurley and Cooks contracts ...

With the players we as of now know we will have under contract going in the 2021 league year, how much cap space will we have? Would think it's a pretty big number before we throw potential new deals for Ramsey and Kupp into the mix.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Reynolds runs good routes, has decent hands & is taller than Cooks. I like the thought of getting him more involved.
Plus, we can now get both a stud C and a stud WR (or RB) in the 2nd round!!
Thank you Brandin Cooks, so many memories made in LA. He will be very missed, especially in the locker room as a veteran voice for our team. But I love this move.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I believe I called this boys lol. Reynolds and a rook. Now my question to someone with cap knowledge is if the trade is done but completed post June 1st do the rams save 12.5 million as was being reported and can that even be done?

My next dart I'm going to throw out there is the Trent Williams dart which was a part of this plan when I mentioned it. Now I know part 2 is a long shot but might as well ride the lol

We can fall back on Antonio Brown just in case

Btw I was joking about the Antonio Brown comment for whatever reason the emojis didn't show lol. Although for like 50 bucks I'm sure we would work him out when he is able to return!!!

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, next question now that we know we are dumping the Gurley and Cooks contracts ...

With the players we as of now know we will have under contract going in the 2021 league year, how much cap space will we have? Would think it's a pretty big number before we throw potential new deals for Ramsey and Kupp into the mix.
It looks likes somewhere around $65mil to me. If they raise the cap to $240mil, it would be closer to $100mil, but things change.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
You're right this isnt the 2009 Rams, there's a lot more talent on this roster. But last year we were "loaded" on offense too, dont get fooled. Nothing matters unless the OL improves. And there will be more pressure on Goff than ever before to carry this team. Coming off a horrible SB performance, following that up with another bad season, and now we'll be forced to reduce the help and talent around him. That is a tough ask IMO based on what we've seen from him over 4 years now.

I don’t see the reduced talent around the offense. The Offensive Line is & will be better in 2020. Wait until after the draft to see who The Rams have at RB. How much did Cooks mean to the Offense?

Ram65

Legend
-With these cuts we'll need to get a lot of cheap talent on this roster now. So when thinking about all of the above points I don't see us trading up nor do I see us necessarily taking a WR early. Sure if someone they like a lot drops it could happen but I'd bet on lots of trade downs like Snead loves to do without an emphasis on WR over any other position.

Reynolds only has this year remaining on his contract. Same with Everett. Who knows what picks Snead ends up with. I think Snead will be looking at a WR pretty early. I see him getting one by round three if he trades up or round two. Good value at low cost to offset Kupp's new deal and maybe an extension for Woods. I like Reynolds but, Rams can get a better WR at a lower future cost. Renolds only caught 21 of 39 targets but, did have 15.5 YPC.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It looks likes somewhere around $65mil to me. If they raise the cap to $240mil, it would be closer to $100mil, but things change.

And Goff can restructure as well in 2021 to give even more cap relief??

MachS

Hall of Fame
goff looked fantastic when mcvay moved from his 11 personnel to the two te set at the end of the season. the problem last season was the oline wasn't good enough for mcvay to run his favoured 11 personnel grouping. hopefully trading cooks away shows that the 2te set is here to stay.

goff just needs to fix up his tendency to make one or two "shake your head" throws per game.

He did play better late in the season when running two TE sets, but because McVay had him rolling out on almost every pass play. McVay didn't trust the line and why would he, they were terrible. Using two TEs and moving the pocket was a good adjustment by him late in the season and that helped Goff, but that doesn't solve the running game issues. That doesn't let Goff sit in the pocket comfortably on 5 or 7 step drops. We had almost no deep shots last year and it allowed defenses to sit on our WRs in passing situations. Teams stopped respecting our play-action because we had no running game and our OL couldn't block 1 on 1. The offense doesn't return to elite level without a good running game, or Goff taking a huge step this year. How does either of those happen if we don't improve the OL?

…..

Legend
I never thought we’d pay so much money to players not playing for us.

This is embarrassing.