Brandin Cooks Traded to Houston Texans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The cap space alone for a nice but often injured player is great for the Rams.

Cooks is a solid guy and incredibly talented when he can suit up. I don't hate him, but man I'd love him if he caught those passes from Goff in the SB...just sayin.
It’s hard to catch when the CB is pulling down at your arms. Same ol’ Patriot cheating.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Considering where the Rams offense evolved to down the stretch, this isn't surprising. Higbee took pff and now Sean is wondering outloud about how to utilize Everett more. Other than the cap concerns this was one of the easiest to predict. 3 WR goes away and 2 WR, 2 TE goes to the forefront.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Reynolds only has this year remaining on his contract. Same with Everett. Who knows what picks Snead ends up with. I think Snead will be looking at a WR pretty early. I see him getting one by round three if he trades up or round two. Good value at low cost to offset Kupp's new deal and maybe an extension for Woods. I like Reynolds but, Rams can get a better WR at a lower future cost. Renolds only caught 21 of 39 targets but, did have 15.5 YPC.

Both players getting playing time could actually help get a Comp pick if they can’t be resigned.

dang

Legend
And Goff can restructure as well in 2021 to give even more cap relief??
And Ramsey can sign new contract with large signing bonus paid this year that can be spread out over multiple years. Options since we offloaded future money to Gurley and Cooks.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I don’t see the reduced talent around the offense. The Offensive Line is & will be better in 2020. Wait until after the draft to see who The Rams have at RB. How much did Cooks mean to the Offense?

The OL is better in 2020? With the same exact players as last year you cant be so sure man. In 2018 the offense was unstoppable and Gurley/Cooks led our team in rushing and receiving. The o-line was completely dominant in 2017 and 2018 as well. Since late 2018, the offense hasn't been the same. Saffold, Sullivan, prime Gurley, prime Cooks, 2 year younger Whitworth, Havenstein when he actually played well..... All gone. And Goff has been asked to step up and carry the load, which led to a SB loss immediately followed by a bad season. Do you really think the combination of Henderson + draft pick will produce like '17 or '18 Gurley? I'd say there's little to no chance of that. Which means what...we have to anticipate a weaker running game this year (better than last year, but weaker relative to '17/'18). That means we need Goff to play BEYOND his 2017 and 2018 self. He's been trending the complete opposite direction, so how do we get him back on track and give him confidence, without giving him a dominant OL?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After the Cooks trade, I jumped into evaluating the second round WRs. I hadn't spent much time on them before because we weren't going to take a WR there. Now, it's possible we do. There are four names who stood out to me as guys I'd consider taking:
Tee Higgins
Denzel Mims
K.J. Hamler
Laviska Shenault

After the Cooks trade, I jumped into evaluating the second round WRs. I hadn't spent much time on them before because we weren't going to take a WR there. Now, it's possible we do. There are four names who stood out to me as guys I'd consider taking:
Tee Higgins
Denzel Mims
K.J. Hamler
Laviska Shenault

I think Hamler might be the only guy out of the four still available with one of our 2nds.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Tee Higgins
Denzel Mims
K.J. Hamler
Laviska Shenault

@jrry32 @OldSchool

Instead of grabbing a WR early, Is there a possibility of them going after a Edge guy early.
Do you guys see someone in the late first, early second that may have Snead excited enough to
trade up or even someone if they stood pat. Thoughts?
Just feel edge is at the top of the list as well as LT.

EasyE

Starter
Reynolds only has this year remaining on his contract. Same with Everett. Who knows what picks Snead ends up with. I think Snead will be looking at a WR pretty early. I see him getting one by round three if he trades up or round two. Good value at low cost to offset Kupp's new deal and maybe an extension for Woods. I like Reynolds but, Rams can get a better WR at a lower future cost. Renolds only caught 21 of 39 targets but, did have 15.5 YPC.

lets go get the next Rev. Ike....

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Other than the cap concerns this was one of the easiest to predict. 3 WR goes away and 2 WR, 2 TE goes to the forefront.

I'm excited about this. People haven't seen McVay run much 12 personnel since his days in DC, and that was with different players. I'm really hoping Everett can take a leap similar to what Higbee did last year, as well as getting his blocking game together.

More generally, our offense is going to look a lot different going into the season, and defensive coordinators are not going to find much value in the film of 2017-2019. This alone has the potential to put McVay a step ahead of opposing defenses, and we don't know what new wrinkles he will add.

A lot of changes for sure, but a lot of potential to go with those changes.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
This does not make the original acquisition of Cooks a good idea. But it lessens the pain. However, there is only one Houston Texans in the league to make sucker deals with.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
Remember NFL, if youre in trouble and need light at the end of the tunnel, give BoB a call.

I hope to see Everett alot more, hes a beast that needs more plays drawn up for him.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I am shocked we could trade him. Must be we are paying his salary. That or Obrien is stupid. Oh yeah. he is.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Hamler might be the only guy out of the four still available with one of our 2nds.

We shall see. It's a deep WR draft.

@jrry32 @OldSchool

Instead of grabbing a WR early, Is there a possibility of them going after a Edge guy early.
Do you guys see someone in the late first, early second that may have Snead excited enough to

I am not expecting them to trade up. I don't see anybody fitting the bill. But you never know.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32 @OldSchool

I think edge has been a very real possibility from the start. I just don't know about a trade up it's possible but I'm not sure we do that.