BRADFORD TRADED FOR FOLES (IN SUPER UPPER-CASE TO DETER DUPLICATE THREADS)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Mods, any way we can get a sticky with the trade info. I feel there's gonna be some confusion for a day or two...

V3

Hall of Fame
Okay, I'm back to liking the trade. Nice job, Snisher. As for the media, you can all go fuck yourselves for putting us through all this. Get the damn story correct. Not first.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
?????? Come on brother, that is crazy talk. All of it. Cheer up!! Lets roll with Foles!!!

For how long though? We'll all get behind him and support his play - but its wishful thinking to think he's better than a healthy Sam Bradford. I know people are desperate for a QB to believe in - but exactly the same thing happened here with Austin Davis; everyone "getting behind him" and supporting him, then thinking he was the QBOTF (I know people were really saying this!) then comes the realization and the pain of reality....

We'll give Foles a chance but I think its fair for people to feel the position (QB) has not been fully answered yet....lets hope Foles is the guy!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This is the trade:
Rams receive: Foles, 2015 4th(#20), and 2016 2nd(Conditional)
Eagles receive: Bradford and 2015 5th(#9)

The conditions on the 2nd are:
Eagles get a 3rd if Bradford does not play for them(but we keep the 2nd)
Eagles get a 4th if Bradford plays less than 50% of their offensive snaps(but we keep the 2nd)
Do they get nothing in 2016 if Bradford starts more than 8 games or plays more than 50% of the snaps?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
This is the trade:

Eagles get a 4th if Bradford plays less than 50% of their offensive snaps(but we keep the 2nd)
Calling that 2nd round pick conditional is a bit confusing, I would simply add a conditional pick to what the Eagles receive.

sostl

Starter
LES!!!

IW7fo4j.gif

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If what I jusrt read on NFL.com is accurate, I think the Rams got hosed...Not only the swap of QBs but they also sawap 1st round pickas AND the Rams will give the Eagles a conditional pick in 2016...If true, that sounds like a real hose job to me...This thread has 600+ more posts, so there is probably far more clarity that I haven't gotten to yet...I hope my version is not correct... If it is they're betting Sam will go down and giving away a lot in the process...Foles better have a career year...

Keep reading. You're about 63 iterations of the trade behind. It gets worse. And then better. and then worst. and then better, and then better. and then worse, and then probably better.

WestCoastRam

Legend
So Foles contract numbers are what exactly... got the sense from twitter that he costs peanuts this year so it's really like we got all of Bradford's salary back. Cannot say how impressed I am with that fact. We really have some flexibility to spend on the oline in FA now.

Found it: Foles costs 1 mill and change and is a UFA after this season. Wish he was a restricted FA next year but we can't have everything.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Calling that 2nd round pick conditional is a bit confusing, I would simply add a conditional pick to what the Eagles receive.
Sorry - but that is less confusing?

How about we get the Eagles '16 2nd rounder, the Eagles get a conditional 3rd or 4th rounder or nothing at all.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
This is the trade:

Thanx, that's a much better deal than what I read just 15 minutes ago...The conditions take it back to a mediocre deal except the 50 % snaps part..That would only happen if Sam goes down...Then it all looks better for the Rams without regard to those other swaps...Foles is certainly better than any other alternative if Sam were to go down AGAIN...Assuming that they either have little interest or can't get a shot at Mariota...

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
I watched him in the pac 12 when he quietly put up numbers and beat the likes of the blue chippers Matt Barkley @USC and Andrew Luck @Stanford and thought this guys is a cimpetitor and an intriguing prospect. Then I saw him play lights out a year at Philly before he came back down to earth. So for the majority of the time I have watched foles play he has been a very impressive competent and competitive QB. Here is to Nick Foles to TA, KB. BQ, SB and the likes[av][/av]:cheers::cheers::cheers:

RamzFanz

Damnit
Adding Jeremy Maclin in free agency now looks like an interesting move.

I don't have a problem with this trade. Foles has proven himself at least as well as Bradford and I'll take collarbone over double ACL all day long.

If the Rams don't fix the o line, it won't matter anyways. If they do, Foles can be excellent behind a good line with weapons around him.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
I watched him in the pac 12 when he quietly put up numbers and beat the likes of the blue chippers Matt Barkley @USC and Andrew Luck @Stanford and thought this guys is a cimpetitor and an intriguing prospect. Then I saw him play lights out a year at Philly before he came back down to earth. So for the majority of the time I have watched foles play he has been a very impressive competent and competitive QB. Here is to Nick Foles to TA, KB. BQ, SB and the likes

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanx, that's a much better deal than what I read just 15 minutes ago...The conditions take it back to a mediocre deal except the 50 % snaps part..That would only happen if Sam goes down...Then it all looks better for the Rams without regard to those other swaps...Foles is certainly better than any other alternative if Sam were to go down AGAIN...Assuming that they either have little interest or can't get a shot at Mariota...

I'm sorry, didn't explain it well. We keep the Eagles 2016 2nd no matter what. They get a 2016 3rd or 2016 4th back depending how much Bradford plays. If he plays more than 50% of their offensive snaps, they get nothing at all.