BRADFORD TRADED FOR FOLES (IN SUPER UPPER-CASE TO DETER DUPLICATE THREADS)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
We're NOT swapping firsts right? Because I've heard some news outlets still mentioning the 1st round pick

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok. So we upgrade THIS YEAR from a 5th to 4th basically. That's fine, we haven't gotten any good 5th round guy I think.

Plus cap relief, and a 2nd next year if Sam is healthy and starting?

That's actually kind of awesome if that works out.

But then.....this muddafuckin' deal still confuses the crap out of me.

All I want to know NOW, if what the Rams draft picks look like THIS year NOW.

All that changed this year is we have 4th round #20 instead of 5th round #9.

I'm still trying to figure out what happens if the Eagles trade Bradford

They keep their 2nd.

Rams don't give up the 4th because it's in 2015, before the season. Eagles website doesn't mention any conditions placed on the trade.

Don't mean the Eagles 4th...I mean the Rams 2016 4th.

Lesson

Oh, really?
LaCanfora says pick goes back to Philly if Bradford doesn't play this year.

But I'm not worried about the conditions any more. Just freed up over 10 mil in cap and have a solid option at QB.

Simba

Rookie
Phi gave us Foles, a fourth round pick 2015 and a second round pick 2016 for Bradford and our fifth round pick 2015.They are speaking about some conditional picks in 2016 but it's not possibile to know in this moment.With our 10th pick we can do yet a lot of good moves ...

Athos

Legend
No mention of swapping firsts... WOW if true. Great trade if so.

Breer just announced (sorry if this is redundant) that the Rams trade Bradford plus a conditional 2016 pick to the Eagles for Foles, a 2015 4th rounder and a 2016 2nd rounder.

If Bradford doesn't start 8 games, it's a 4th.
If Bradford gets reinjured, it's a 3rd.

So we DO get picks. He left out swapping firsts, so I dunno about that...

As long as it ain't a conditional 1st, we're aces.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that fast paced offense will be perfect for Bradford. Sucks for him that all their good players are gone.

Let's hope Foles can repeat 2013.

I'd love if he did but we don't even need that much. If Foles can give us 16 starts in the regular season with 26 TDs 14 Ints and a QB Rating somewhere in the high 80s or low 90s...we can win 10+ games.

We're NOT swapping firsts right? Because I've heard some news outlets still mentioning the 1st round pick

Thomas said the Rams told him no.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Phi gave us Foles, a fourth round pick 2015 and a second round pick 2016 for Bradford and our fifth round pick 2015.They are speaking about some conditional picks in 2016 but it's not possibile to know in this moment.With our 10th pick we can do yet a lot of good moves ...

The 2016 2nd is the conditional pick. Philly is giving it up. But there are parameters to it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
@AroundTheNFL: Basically: If the Eagles trade Bradford before the draft, they’d get that 2016 2nd round pick right back.
Seems like an odd way to place a condition. I could see if the Eagles kept him and he didn't pan out but the Eagles being allowed to just trade him with no compensation due in lieu of the '16 2nd rounder? Doesn't smell right.

FRO

Legend
I'd love if he did but we don't even need that much. If Foles can give us 16 starts in the regular season with 26 TDs 14 Ints and a QB Rating somewhere in the high 80s or low 90s...we can win 10+ games.

Thomas said the Rams told him no.
I agree. Let's hope he is healthy and ready to go.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Ignoring the 4th for 5th stuff, that's trivial.

Basically we traded Bradford for Foles and a 2nd rounder next year.

That's not a bad deal for us, to be sure.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I also heard that if Bradford is the starter, the Rams get their 2nd next year.

Bleh.

I'll wait until this is a done deal. This is getting silly now.

What does "is a starter" mean? If he starts one game then we get a second?

Lesson

Oh, really?
Schefter:

Eagles will surrender 2016 2nd-round pick to Rams in QB trade no matter what. But will get back a conditional 2016 pick from Rams. It will be a 3rd if Bradford does not play at all; and a 4th if he starts less than 50 percent of plays.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
We get the Eagles 2nd no matter what.

So the Eagles are our new redskins. They must lose every game!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Schefter:

Eagles will surrender 2016 2nd-round pick to Rams in QB trade no matter what. But will get back a conditional 2016 pick from Rams. It will be a 3rd if Bradford does not play at all; and a 4th if he starts less than 50 percent of plays.

This gets better and better.