BRADFORD TRADED FOR FOLES (IN SUPER UPPER-CASE TO DETER DUPLICATE THREADS)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
we are looking at this from the wrong angle. i just realized this listening to Warner right now on NFL Network. Kelly obviously has something special when it comes to using and grooming QB's. So... what did Kelly see in Bradford that was worth the risk and the money. AND more importantly what DIDN'T he see in Foles.

He likely saw a chance to get draft pick compensation while catching lightning in a bottle from a former #1 overall draft pick while he grooms his replacement for 2016.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
we are looking at this from the wrong angle. i just realized this listening to Warner right now on NFL Network. Kelly obviously has something special when it comes to using and grooming QB's. So... what did Kelly see in Bradford that was worth the risk and the money. AND more importantly what DIDN'T he see in Foles.

What does he see in Mariota ?
What does he see in Barkley?
What does he see in Sanchez?
Personally I think Kelly is a frickin' loon

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He could be a bargaining chip for Eagles to move up, and he could see what a lot of us fans saw in Bradford. Either way, someone is real interested in Bradford. Good for him.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It was speculated that Kelly wasn't thrilled with Foles' accuracy or in the velocity of his throws. But I don't know that for sure. I'm sure Shurmur had some some good things to say about Bradford too, and Kelly's system is not dissimilar to the one Bradford played in at OU. And now I'm hearing about Philly being interested in DeMarco Murray - which would make all kinds of sense since he and Bradford played together in college in that offense.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
This board has the biggest collection of Bradford fans on the internet. I can empathize with losing a player you really liked, it sucks. Hard.

I kid you not, the back of my closet currently features a Pujols Cardinals jersey, a Brett Hull hockey jersey, a Steven Jackson throwback, and a Chris Carpenter Cardinals Jersey (I still wear this one, he is my favorite player).

Just because some of us weren't all in on Bradford doesn't mean a lot of people were. It's rough.

Lemme say this about that, Sam got hurt trying to make us happy, and if he gets that same knee operated on one more time ,it's virtually assured it's over AND he'll have to have that knee replaced so soon in life that he'll need a second ,so I don't blame him in the least for refusing a pay cut, I doubt any of us would do things appreciably different faced with the decision in reality instead of the abstract. Far too often we see players as

and ignore their humanity

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Hard to justify retaining a guy who can't get out onto the field. Sad to see Sam go I really had high hopes that he would get back and show the Rams what he could do. He may do that for Philly.

As for Foles , willing to give the guy a chance , hopefully he can slot into the offense well and our O-Line gives him time to do his thing.

go rams !!!!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Sorry but Kelly has ZERO on his resume as far as developing a QB in the NFL. In fact he tried to force Vick as the starter and wasn't bright enough to let go until Vick got hurt.

jjab360

Legend
It's not about being a Foles believer or a Foles disbeliever. I think he's certainly competent. I think he can offer you solid play. But I'm just not sold he's anything more than that. Basically, I think he's more or less the caliber of QB that Jay Cutler is. Different type of QB but same caliber.

Hopefully, I'm wrong. I really do want the guy to be great. But I just see a solid QB...who needs help upfront. Which means that we need to get busy with the OL.
So you view him the same caliber as Cutler who iirc you would have been fine with trading Bradford for, but you have a problem with the same trade for Foles who comes with 1/15th the contract of both Bradford and Cutler?

Ram_Fan

Rookie
Name
Ken
You know if Philly has our #10 pick and traded Bradford to Tennessee for the #2 pick. I wish the Rams would have done that instead.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Exactly. Which is why this move sucks unless this is a stepping stone for the Rams as well. I'm trying to remain calm because i don't like Foles in the first place. There has to be something more to this. Foles and Austin Davis hardly qualifies as QB competition.
They did have similar stats last season.

Cory

UDFA
You know if Philly haa our #10 pick and traded Bradford to Tennessee for the #2 pick. I wish the Rams would have done that instead.

We are not swapping first rounders. We keep out first rounder.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you view him the same caliber as Cutler who iirc you would have been fine with trading Bradford for, but you have a problem with the same trade for Foles who comes with 1/15th the contract of both Bradford and Cutler?

I'd be fine with Bradford for Foles straight up. It was the reported compensation that bothered me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
You know if Philly has our #10 pick and traded Bradford to Tennessee for the #2 pick. I wish the Rams would have done that instead.
Doesn't look like we're swapping firsts now. It's some other round or something.
This is of course subject to change within the next 9 seconds.