Blockbuster Deal in the Making?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
With who? This makes no sense.
Higgins would be a true rental. Period.
Could he be re-signed? Sure. Just the same as he could be signed as a UFA.
I’m sure he’d love to get traded to the Rams. Blow up the stats and demand top 5 WR money.
And somebody would be dumb enough to pay it
Wt do you mean with who. How many times has sneed said we have the parameters of a deal in place they can discuss and have something in place by years end of course he's a rental so was miller we had miller and thought he'd accept and then he bolted for the money. Also cicy really isn't in a position to demand a ton

Memphis Ram

Legend
Not entirely understanding your comments above.

There are certainly a number of scenarios ... re-structure (Noteboom did it), trade (don't know how that would work-out from a cap perspective, or whether the Rams would receive much value in return), releases (pre or post June / 2025 or 2026) and, even retirement.

However, if we simply focus on release (pre-June) numbers, I would prefer it happen in 2026 when ... per OTC ... Kupp has a $27M cap hit but the Rams would get almost $20M of cap savings, with about $7.5M of Dead-$.

I am going to stop now on the cap ramifications for moving-on from Cooper Kupp.

Personally, I love the fucking guy. 55-year Rams' fan, and one of their two Lombardi Trophies came because of three players ... Matthew Stafford, Aaron Donald and Cooper Kupp. All were financially rewarded following that Super Bowl. Perhaps more than necessary, and to the detriment of Rams' success in subsequent years. But ... DAMN IT ... Kupp was brilliant in 2021; and that final drive in the Super Bowl was Truly Special for me.
I was just pointing out that cap space saved in 2026 can assist in obtaining a player(s) in 2025 via a delayed bonus. The Rams have done this before as I recall.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wt do you mean with who. How many times has sneed said we have the parameters of a deal in place they can discuss and have something in place by years end of course he's a rental so was miller we had miller and thought he'd accept and then he bolted for the money. Also cicy really isn't in a position to demand a ton
Because apples and oranges aren’t the same thing.
You can’t negotiate a long term deal with a franchise player after July 15. They can’t work behind the scenes. Snead can’t have the framework set. The player earned their UFA status and isn’t going to violate the CBA
He’s a pure rental. Your assertion that he’s a solution going forward is incorrect. It’s just that simple. If the Rams want to offer him Jefferson money they can sign him when he’s a free agent. Don’t need to trade for him now to do so.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
And he’s spent a lot of time injured
And that's with some suspect "bounty gate" type injuries inflicted by opponents.
Yet somehow, Kupp still has the most receiving yards of any WR drafted 2017 or later.
Guy keeps coming back and often coming back stronger.

He's the definition of why I love sports. Get knocked down or chopped down? Get the fuck back up. Cry or quit.

Also, I get sick of fans who act like its their money paying for him. Kupp is worth every penny Stan K is paying him.

I hope he retires a Ram.
I hope he plays until he's 40.
I hope he makes the HOF.

To those ready to cut him lose? I'm curious, why the fuck do you watch football? What is your fandom based on?
I get the game is a business - - maybe my loyalty to the horns is delusional. But I don't want to be cured.

Go Rams.
Go Kupp.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
The old "Delayed Bonus" strategy ... Of Course! You know, that's how @Loyal used to pick-up women.
Only when things go limply should one pull out the Wimpy

1727786526446.png

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And that's with some suspect "bounty gate" type injuries inflicted by opponents.
Yet somehow, Kupp still has the most receiving yards of any WR drafted 2017 or later.

He's the definition of why I love sports. Get knocked down or chopped down? Get the fuck back up. Cry or quit.

Also, I get sick of fans who act like its their money paying for him. Kupp is worth every penny Stan K is paying him.

I hope he retires a Ram.
I hope he makes the HOF.

To those ready to cut him lose? I'm curious, why the fuck do you watch football? What is your fandom based on?
I get the game is a business - - maybe my loyalty to the horns is delusional. But I don't want to be cured.

Go Rams.
Go Kupp.

Thank You God Win GIF by MLB

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
With kupp I don’t think he can stay Healthy and has a huge cap hit next year … think it’s bout that time

SURE ? Kupp is a RAM forever!! IMO - he is a TEAM(WE) first guy.He is a special player that will be in The RAMS HOF !! He is that Franchise guy.I don’t know about his CAP HIT.

NFL Fans know everything you posted,so you’re saying there’s TRADE VALUE there for a Player who is on IR ?? -Super Silly like a slenky which end us up.Bottom of Top !!

Stafford ? Really ? I will say after seeing what Detroit is doing(Goff) Mcvay & his control thing is showing a bigger Face.I don’t know the Truth,but I sure lost my Mind Sunday.It was a bad combo for me.
My hope is I grow as well as Sean at being better in Life

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
No one now.

But if things look bad closer to the trade deadline and if there is a market for their services, I'd try to move impending 2025 free agents such as Tutu Atwell, Jimmy Garoppolo, Demarcus Robinson & Tre White. Other than that, it may very well be time to listen to offers for Cooper Kupp.

EXACTLY!! You know Memphis? I love you MAN !! Your like Hammer was back in The Day!!

I’m an Old Draft’nk whatever that is anymore ?? I think Les Snead & Mcvay really messed up in The Draft few Drafts.

2023 & 2024 have been HUGE for The Rebuild!! The BIG money players & trades aren’t counted in it ALL though.

Look at what Sean Mcvay gave up to get Matthew Stafford!! You have to go back & look what FISHER gave up for GOFF as well & Add that. Greg Robinson vs. AD99 shows how LUCK plays into it.
-B. Fiske is a new start,but 2nd rd pick & being in the Draft room for Bruss shows a thought process.

-I actually think The Rams are ever evolving,but this REALITY CHECK!!

I know I’m all over The Map,but Da Rams were the better team Sunday.
That loss hurts. Reflection shows up bigger,

This is The Rams Big Board.It sticks out,but the 2023 is looking bright.The 2024 has Potential!!

2019 - depth was nice.
2020 -was productive early & then ME2 happened!!

2021 - Tutu will be in The NFL for 5 more years.Bobby Brown might find VALUE as a NFL player at just 24 years old.4 All the Haters!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
No one now.

But if things look bad closer to the trade deadline and if there is a market for their services, I'd try to move impending 2025 free agents such as Tutu Atwell, Jimmy Garoppolo, Demarcus Robinson & Tre White. Other than that, it may very well be time to listen to offers for Cooper Kupp.
I mean this is what it is.The Rams find away.This Bears loss is unacceptable though.My GF - HATED ME !! This was a BAD moment for me as a Rams Fan.
—We’ll see what happens.The talent of 2023/2024 is HERE!!

Psycho_X

Legend
Well Adams is going somewhere it seems since the coach is doing social media drama. I don't see how he helps us really and can't imagine we'd trade for him and that salary. With Aaron Rodgers being his usual pouty, selfish self again I'm sure he'll force the matter with the Jets. Maybe they can swap Reddick and some picks to the Raiders to get rid of each others issues?

View: https://x.com/brgridiron/status/1840922884727767369

LOURam85

Rookie
I

I hope he retires a Ram.
I hope he makes the HOF.

Go Rams.
Go Kupp.
don’t watch it because of kupp I’ll tell u that … He’s a great player but Sean need evolve the offense … and yea Kupp is a good player but he’s constantly nicked up missing time and me personally don’t think he’s worth what he’s making with the time he’s missed

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Because apples and oranges aren’t the same thing.
You can’t negotiate a long term deal with a franchise player after July 15. They can’t work behind the scenes. Snead can’t have the framework set. The player earned their UFA status and isn’t going to violate the CBA
He’s a pure rental. Your assertion that he’s a solution going forward is incorrect. It’s just that simple. If the Rams want to offer him Jefferson money they can sign him when he’s a free agent. Don’t need to trade for him now to do so.

If they may end up cutting kupp anyway there could be a deal with Cincy kupp plus for Higgins kupps a perfect compliment to chase and a connection to zac Taylor just an idea. Also I need to look into exactly what your saying is 100% correct then props to you we also know slot of shit goes down behind the scenes that we know nothing about.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'd say that Adams knows damn well how Pierce is. His personality. So I figure he pushed this with his play on the field to get an exit.

What will be funny is when he ends up somewhere shitty like Cleveland. And he can quit while he goes clubbing with his QB.

dang

Legend
I am at the point of keeping your picks and cap room and no matter what happens this year, go out next year and continue to draft more cornerstone type players and add another cornerstone type in FA.

OTC currently projects the Rams to have $58M of cap room... (I think they increased the overall cap number for the league, which is why it jumped up) regardless of that, they will have money to spend.

So add to this young roster a d Stafford looks spry enough to play 2-3 more years. So build a great team around him and 25' & 26' are the years to go win a SB.
Stafford may lose interest if there isn’t a clear game plan for success. Not seeing it yet this year other than getting some nice rookies.