Best Kitchen Gadget

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had something happen to my olfactory system two years ago and I lost my smell. But I frequently get Phantom Smells. And now and then I get that sweet syrup and pancake smell....more frequently I get bull shit smells. Lol

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I haven’t heard of that pizza thing, @Juggs

This baby is great;

Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker. Best steaks I’ve made cooked this way before finishing on grill.

You can take lesser steaks and make them nice and tender. Great steaks simply become greater.

anova-sous-vide.jpg

Def this. Probably the best way too cook double cut pork chops without drying them out.

The Instant Pot Air fryer attachment is money too though.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Prevents tears. Onion dicer.

1b9f8af3-aee0-4f91-a764-8d36aa30c5cf_1.fe6708b96c2e76c1db0e09b3922fca57.jpeg

I just cut all of my onions after the Rams lose. That way I can be a real man but still let out the pain discretely. Pay no attention to why I suddenly need five pounds of diced onions.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would really like to get that Ninja indoor grill. Looks nice.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I got the Ninja Foodi on Black Friday this year but have only used it once because Ive been sick all through December.

I made chicken thighs the one tome and they were perfectly done.

Getting ready to start experimenting now that I can taste food again.

We got the biggest one. Not cheap.
View attachment 42433
That looks similar to the instant pot. Is that correct? Ninja is some good quality shit.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I had something happen to my olfactory system two years ago and I lost my smell. But I frequently get Phantom Smells. And now and then I get that sweet syrup and pancake smell....more frequently I get bull shit smells. Lol

I had something similar happen when I was in HS. I used to work nights carpet cleaning and stripping floors in movie theaters. They use this polyurethane thing to protect the tile floors and we'd have to use 14 molar ammonia (basically super concentrated ammonia) to strip the floors. I stayed using it too long and the ammonia saturated my gas mask filter.

Didn't end up with issues for my eyes or lungs, but breathed enough of it through my nose to mess things up for awhile.

Now, I'm just super sensitive to anything ammonia... which means I can smell even trace amounts of pee. Sadly, you'd be amazed how ubiquitous urine is... it's kinda everywhere.

Edit: it's also ruined chicken nuggets. When the raw chicken mash is formed into a nugget, it's sprayed with ammonia to kill the salmonella and e coli. That's not usually a problem as the ammonia is supposed to be fully evaporated, but most places don't cook them as well as they were initially formulated. Doesn't make them less safe, but they smell AWFUL to me now... so gross. And good luck getting anyone to give you "well done" chicken nuggets. Which means I haven't eaten them in over 20 years...

Last edited:

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I had something similar happen when I was in HS. I used to work nights carpet cleaning and stripping floors in movie theaters. They use this polyurethane thing to protect the tile floors and we'd have to use 14 molar ammonia (basically super concentrated ammonia) to strip the floors. I stayed using it too long and the ammonia saturated my gas mask filter.

Didn't end up with issues for my eyes or lungs, but breathed enough of it through my nose to mess things up for awhile.

Now, I'm just super sensitive to anything ammonia... which means I can smell even trace amounts of pee. Sadly, you'd be amazed how ubiquitous urine is... it's kinda everywhere.

Edit: it's also ruined chicken nuggets. When the raw chicken mash is formed into a nugget, it's sprayed with ammonia to kill the salmonella and e coli. That's not usually a problem as the ammonia is supposed to be fully evaporated, but most places don't cook them as well as they were initially formulated. Doesn't make them less safe, but they smell AWFUL to me now... so gross. And good luck getting anyone to give you "well done" chicken nuggets. Which means I haven't eaten them in over 20 years...

I can still smell if its relatively strong and I put it right up to my nose. My doctor doesn't give me any answers. I gave up and just deal with it now.

I do miss coming home and smelling a roast cooking...things like that. But really I dont notice it anymore unless someone says something about smell. Its been great for my niece and nephew. I never know when they shit their diapers. Lol

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks. Mostly I make him the trout we catch. I just do the usual; flour, egg, breadcrumbs (panko). Maybe Ill watch some videos on how they work.
Works great on standard breading like that. I typically bread items, place on wax paper and throw in freezer for 10 minutes or so prior to frying. Just spray the basket with spray oil, and the top of the fish. Wet, batter type frying is a little trickier, but still works pretty well.

Got a new air fryer, just tried it out yesterday. I'm somewhat ashamed to admit how much I love these fryers, as a "food traditionalist" (some say food snob lol) it goes against what I believe in, and still cant figure out how these things work! But they do work amazing.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I've been thinking about buying an air fryer sous vide etc etc.

I'm old school, been around pots ,pans 13 by 9's and cast iron killer's lol. Really can cook up some Good Food with that old school stuff. But.

That slow cook of stuff, got it handled, soups stews etc etc no issues. But

Because I'm disabled can't stand up long,can't cook long times.

My questions are,is the Air Fryers ,Sous Vides worth it,do they help make it easier on time, flavor, make it easier in the kitchen ??

I've looked seems there is issues with this one that one and it's best to go for a Big 1 like 26 quart or so for 200 bucks.

Just saying ,gonna do it go Big Time,am I correct.???

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Big fan of my Ninja Fit, which is perfect for single serving smoothies or protein shakes. Much better than it’s cheaper competitor, the Magic Bullet.

I also get a lot of use out of my electric skillet.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Big fan of my Ninja Fit, which is perfect for single serving smoothies or protein shakes. Much better than it’s cheaper competitor, the Magic Bullet.

I also get a lot of use out of my electric skillet.
Did you ever buy a Big Green Egg?

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I’m going to soon. We’re building a new house (empty nest downsizing!). The BGE will be a new toy for me in the new digs!

Those things look amazing.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Works great on standard breading like that. I typically bread items, place on wax paper and throw in freezer for 10 minutes or so prior to frying. Just spray the basket with spray oil, and the top of the fish. Wet, batter type frying is a little trickier, but still works pretty well.

Got a new air fryer, just tried it out yesterday. I'm somewhat ashamed to admit how much I love these fryers, as a "food traditionalist" (some say food snob lol) it goes against what I believe in, and still cant figure out how these things work! But they do work amazing.
Air fryers are just tiny convection ovens.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Air fryers are just tiny convection ovens.

Pretty much. The air fryer seems to work faster than my convection oven. Not sure if its a size thing or not. But both work great. I think the air fryer crisps much better.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Pretty much. The air fryer seems to work faster than my convection oven. Not sure if its a size thing or not. But both work great. I think the air fryer crisps much better.
I think it's the size. I love my air fryer for a few things. Reheating fast food fries, nuggets, reheating pizza (don't judge me), and frozen corn dogs mostly.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Gosh Darn you guys, I'm old school, cast iron skillet 13×9 pans etc etc. I can cook.

But with all these post about air fryers, just bought a 170 buck 26 quart Caloric Maxx.

It's your faults lol and that Great Poster @CGI has me looking for a Sous vide tool,WTF

Lol.