Best Kitchen Gadget

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
mx-n-chop-featured.jpg
This thing is amazing for breaking up and crumbling ground meat.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I have two air fryers I use when I have more things to fry. One doubles as a pressure cooker. I'm hooked on the air fryer. No more greasy foods. The pressure cooker is great for cooking things without heating up the kitchen. We love artichokes with our dinner. When the grandkids spend the night we air fry those hashbrown patties with their breakfast. They love those things. And we don't worry about too much grease. Can't imagine how we got by without them.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just had toasted ravioli in the air fryer. Amazing!

@CGI_Ram how do you get you fix up there in Canada?

…..

Legend
I got the Ninja Foodi on Black Friday this year but have only used it once because Ive been sick all through December.

I made chicken thighs the one tome and they were perfectly done.

Getting ready to start experimenting now that I can taste food again.

We got the biggest one. Not cheap.
7CDC633D-9E52-413A-A90D-85A6E132F8E2.jpeg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have never had a sip of coffee in my entire 36 years of life.

Same here. I don't like the smell, so why drink it. I've had coffee in cookies though. They were good.

Favorite? Man, I think hands down it has to be the immersion blender.
I make quite a bit of soup, and if I'm doing Mex or Italian, I'm not using store bought salsa or marinara.
I actually have 3 of them, 1 is just for fruit based foods, smoothies etc, 1 for tomato product. (we do quite a bit of make your own pizza and I refuse to buy that shit "pizza sauce")
29610.jpg

We love our immersion blender. I'm not that adventurous with it but its great for smoothies. When my kids were younger the often wouldn't ear breakfast before school. So I bought one to make what they call banana milkshake. There isn't any ice cream. Just milk, Carnations instant breakfast and a banana. They have been drinking them for the last ten years. Much better than sugary cereal or a quick cupcake before they run to the bus stop.

Prevents tears. Onion dicer.

1b9f8af3-aee0-4f91-a764-8d36aa30c5cf_1.fe6708b96c2e76c1db0e09b3922fca57.jpeg

I have had one of these since I got married in 2005. This thing is great and so simple to use. I like to get a bag of onions and cut some into slices and dice some. Then we freeze them for use while cooking later. This works well for cutting sweet gherkins to use in tuna salad or making relish also.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have two air fryers I use when I have more things to fry. One doubles as a pressure cooker. I'm hooked on the air fryer. No more greasy foods. The pressure cooker is great for cooking things without heating up the kitchen. We love artichokes with our dinner. When the grandkids spend the night we air fry those hashbrown patties with their breakfast. They love those things. And we don't worry about too much grease. Can't imagine how we got by without them.

Can you cook batter dipped fish in it? My kid loves when I make fish but he never wants it baked. Its obscene how much butter or oil I use for frying fish.

And is it easy to clean?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Can you cook batter dipped fish in it? My kid loves when I make fish but he never wants it baked. Its obscene how much butter or oil I use for frying fish.

And is it easy to clean?
Yes you can cook batter dipped food. The mesh it's a little trickier to clean, but the metal is coated in a non stick surface, which makes it very simple to clean.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie

And is it easy to clean?

Like Faulk said, yes you can. But you want to put brush some oil on the basket. And turn it over halfway through. I use a coating recipe with crushed Rice Krispies. Mostly for chicken breast but I've done fish with it too. I roll the meat in egg then in the Rice Krispies. Put some seasoning and a couple 8 ounce chicken breasts take about 15-18 minutes. Really juicy and tasty.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I haven’t heard of that pizza thing, @Juggs

This baby is great;

Anova Culinary Sous Vide Precision Cooker. Best steaks I’ve made cooked this way before finishing on grill.

You can take lesser steaks and make them nice and tender. Great steaks simply become greater.

anova-sous-vide.jpg
That is the one I have as well. I use it 3 or 4 times a week. It is wifi enabled so I can start it from work, top of a mountain, while at the lake, etc... My favorite of all gadgets I've bought in maybe 20 years.
Favorite? Man, I think hands down it has to be the immersion blender.
I make quite a bit of soup, and if I'm doing Mex or Italian, I'm not using store bought salsa or marinara.
I actually have 3 of them, 1 is just for fruit based foods, smoothies etc, 1 for tomato product. (we do quite a bit of make your own pizza and I refuse to buy that shit "pizza sauce")
29610.jpg
Once again, I have that exact tool. I bought it for making my BBQ sauces. I love that the lower section twists off for easy cleaning. It's also way more powerful that my other units (I also have 3). Now, I mostly use it for building my Caesar dressing for the kitchens I manage.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I am about to purchase an air fryer before tomorrows game. Boneless chicken wings cook best out of an air fryer pretty damn amazing device. I wanna try french fries now.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Like Faulk said, yes you can. But you want to put brush some oil on the basket. And turn it over halfway through. I use a coating recipe with crushed Rice Krispies. Mostly for chicken breast but I've done fish with it too. I roll the meat in egg then in the Rice Krispies. Put some seasoning and a couple 8 ounce chicken breasts take about 15-18 minutes. Really juicy and tasty.

Thanks. Mostly I make him the trout we catch. I just do the usual; flour, egg, breadcrumbs (panko). Maybe Ill watch some videos on how they work.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Same here. I don't like the smell, so why drink it. I've had coffee in cookies though. They were good.

We love our immersion blender. I'm not that adventurous with it but its great for smoothies. When my kids were younger the often wouldn't ear breakfast before school. So I bought one to make what they call banana milkshake. There isn't any ice cream. Just milk, Carnations instant breakfast and a banana. They have been drinking them for the last ten years. Much better than sugary cereal or a quick cupcake before they run to the bus stop.

I have had one of these since I got married in 2005. This thing is great and so simple to use. I like to get a bag of onions and cut some into slices and dice some. Then we freeze them for use while cooking later. This works well for cutting sweet gherkins to use in tuna salad or making relish also.
Lol, not liking the smell of coffee to me is akin to not liking the smell of bacon cooking in the morning, as the cliche goes, to each their own :beer2::beer2:

Air Fryers for me, before that that new wave oven thingy wasn’t too bad

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am about to purchase an air fryer before tomorrows game. Boneless chicken wings cook best out of an air fryer pretty damn amazing device. I wanna try french fries now.

I got one of these as a gift last year.

Even regular non-breaded wings are so simple... pour in.... cook... pour sauce over wings final 5 min or so. BOOM! Crispy skin, sticky sauce. Excellent!

Fries are great out of this thing, too.

We use it as a targeted device for just a few items, like those two.