Best Kitchen Gadget

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I been thinking about getting a Sous vide tool too

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I been thinking about getting a Sous vide tool too
The one @CGI_Ram posted is the one I have. I wouldn't buy one that wasn't wifi enabled. I start food from the app all the time when I'm not at home. If I have cell service I can start it from anywhere.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
The one @CGI_Ram posted is the one I have. I wouldn't buy one that wasn't wifi enabled. I start food from the app all the time when I'm not at home. If I have cell service I can start it from anywhere.

Very good info on the wifi. Thanks for sharing!

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Laughing at the GAAAAAAY GIF. one of my favs... so good

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Very good info on the wifi. Thanks for sharing!
It's the Anova Precision. The Nano is not powerful enough and I believe the Pro is more powerful than the Precision but I don't think it has WiFi.

Another cool thing is that it's about the size of a stick blender so you can just stuff it in a drawer when you're not using it. Then you just clamp it to the side of a large pot filled with water.

I use mine several times a week.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So get the wifi w/ 1000 watts is your recommandation? Its only $220.00 Cdn

Any recipe books or websites worth a peek?

EDIT: reading this currently https://www.seriouseats.com/2016/01...sion-circulator-essential-recipes.html#cambro
The Anova app has tons of recipes on it. I have only published one (Korean Short Ribs) but there are a bunch for pretty much anything you want to cook. I tend to look at several and the pictures and descriptions to give me a game plan on time and temp. I'm not one that follows other people's recipes.

…..

Legend
That looks similar to the instant pot. Is that correct? Ninja is some good quality shit.
Yes the Instant Pot was exactly the same and there was considerable debating which to get.

I just cooked a whole chicken two days ago. 35 mins pressure cooked, 15 mins air crisp- absolutely perfect.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
The Anova app has tons of recipes on it. I have only published one (Korean Short Ribs) but there are a bunch for pretty much anything you want to cook. I tend to look at several and the pictures and descriptions to give me a game plan on time and temp. I'm not one that follows other people's recipes.
Ya I do like to cook too... Damn I will start shopping! What do you cook in? Pot or plastic container designed for the Sous vide?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ya I do like to cook too... Damn I will start shopping! What do you cook in? Pot or plastic container designed for the Sous vide?
I have a Stainless pot that holds about 15 quarts. Plastic works as well because nothing ever gets too hot.

The Anova Precision goes on sale pretty often for $149 U.S.