Benched: Eli Manning’s streak of 210 consecutive regular-season starts comes to an end

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is insane
Who treats an icon like this???

McAdoo is so fired after the season, how can the team let him roll Manning like this? He's begging to be fired right now

RamsCardsJazz

Starter
Not sure of Eli's contract situation, but I am guessing the starting QB for the 2018 Browns, will be him. Ha!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think McAdoo should lose his job immediately, and have Spags interim til next year.
Problem with that is that the players hate Spags more than McAdoo. He's been one of the major issues this season

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
To put it as a friend of mine did, Eli being benched for Geno Smith is like Sean McVay's girlfriend dumping him for NJ Governor Chris Christie ...
Or like benching a mongoloid for the Missing Link......

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OK... the NYG franchise is starting to look like the Rams last year.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
So you draft Davis Webb and don’t give him a shot? You know what you have in Geno Smith.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Problem with that is that the players hate Spags more than McAdoo. He's been one of the major issues this season
Wow... so, let me get this right.

McAdoo hatches the ingenious idea to bench Manning.

The players accept that stupid move because they don't want to have Spagnuolo as their HC?

Is that how far the franchise has fallen?

Can't believe the Mara's and Tisch's haven't finally had enough.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Sad to say But Eli's career is probably over, If not completely, at least with the gIANTS. They will be in complete rebuild mode, FO, HC, QB, etc. etc. etc.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wow... so, let me get this right.

McAdoo hatches the ingenious idea to bench Manning.

The players accept that stupid move because they don't want to have Spagnuolo as their HC?

Is that how far the franchise has fallen?

Can't believe the Mara's and Tisch's haven't finally had enough.
Wait, what?
Just saying that if (When) they fire McAdoo, I cant see how they name Spags because the players hate him.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I don't watch the Giants unless they are playing the Rams, so not sure what the problem is. I do know their season is over, from what I saw on NFL Network: Eli hasn't looked sharp, so why not see what you have in backups?
Manning has had a great run but to keep him in just because of some record (that is unattainable BTW) is silly in my opinion.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wait, what?
Just saying that if (When) they fire McAdoo, I cant see how they name Spags because the players hate him.
OK... got it.

Who's their OC? Rams put in Fassell. There are other options past Spagnuolo.

Are you secretly trying to rag on Spags still? :cool:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The last time the Giants played a game without Eli starting it was Warner starting. Also Jared Goff had turned 10 years old about 20 days before that game.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Nice job giants that's really gonna help you with future qbs.. manning wins 2 Superbowl and you bench him for GEMO SMITH .

If eli wanted to sit so he didn't get killed behind that horrible line , my opinion would be different .

If they blow it up , can we have jack rabbit?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't watch the Giants unless they are playing the Rams, so not sure what the problem is. I do know their season is over, from what I saw on NFL Network: Eli hasn't looked sharp, so why not see what you have in backups?
Manning has had a great run but to keep him in just because of some record (that is unattainable BTW) is silly in my opinion.
Because you play to win the games with the best players you have. Its not pre-season and the games count. I'm sure the guy whos dropping a grand to take his family of 4 to the game isnt preferring to see Geno Smith

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
This is so dumb. Whether you are a Giants fan or not, this just isnt right. Yes he has not played well all year. Who would when you lose three of your WRs for the season and your RBs aint about sh1t. Speaking of Spags, this Giants team reminds me of the 2011 season. Injuries galore! I do not think this is right in any way.

I can see Eli going to a team next year like the Broncos, Cards, or Jags next year. Jags would be #1 because of Coughlin

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So you draft Davis Webb and don’t give him a shot? You know what you have in Geno Smith.
Thats what is even worse about this, McAdoo is planning on playing Webb too. Why not just start him then

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Wow.
Eli has played well considering the injuries and bs coaching staff.
Foolish move by McDone

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
If I owned that team I’d fire McAdoo on the spot after this decision.