Austin Blythe to Chiefs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Help Austin Blythe, you’re our only hope. Damn. Help Quinn Meinerz, you’re our only hope. Damn. Help Josh Meyers, you’re our only hope.
Obi Wan can execute a helluva pancake block....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alec Lindstrom - Boston College - 6’4 290 lbs Strengths: The brother of former Boston College 1st round pick from 2019 Chris, Alex is a highly functional interior player as well. Getting his chance as a redshirt sophomore in 2019, Alec hasn’t looked back. Possessing good overall height and length for the position, Lindstrom shows the frame for continued development and weight. Lindstrom is a tough as nails and violent blocker that excels in the running game. Excellent while on the move. Eases out of his stance while showing terrific initial quickness to reach 2nd level blocks, while remaining in control at all times. Possesses the upper-body power to move guys out of the way at the 1st level. Good play recognition abilities in the passing game, quickly reading and reacting to blitzes and stunts. Possesses the power in his lower body to anchor down and hold the point of attack. A very skilled blocker that plays the game with highly refined technical ability, rarely getting beat in any aspect. Remains leveraged at all times, keeping his pads low enough to be able to absorb blocks with ease. If he initially gives up any movement, he quickly shows the ability to re-anchor and recover.

Weaknesses: A bit undersized weight-wise and could stand to gain 10-15 more pounds for the next level to completely fill-out his frame and handle NFL power. Maximizes his overall athleticism but he isn’t a great natural athlete. He could get exposed against quicker 3-techniques that could force him to play in space.

Best Fit: Starting Center

Similarly to his brother, I love Alec. He’s a terrific natural technician that possesses good strength and athleticism. While he isn’t elite in either department, he’s very very good. And he completely maximizes his natural abilities with ‘know-how.’ There’s a very very high floor for this player and he will be a Day 1 starter. 2nd round player.

Lindstrom returned to BC.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I have a gut feeling it's their (Snead/McVay) plan--Allen or Shelton is the opening day starter.

Yep - Michigan State & a Sullivan guy like Mcvay talked about.Keeping it in house. They said they appreciated what Blythe did,but never saying he was the choice.
Why Snead & Mcvay drafted & started Brian Allen when & how they did never made sense to me.I just think he is better know than he was then. This will be Shelton’s 3rd season as well with The Rams.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
John Sullivan has just been confirmed at the first human NFL qualified center being. And he's signed up with the Los Angeles Rams. He's injury bulletproof now. Robo-Sullivan.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Help Austin Blythe, you’re our only hope. Damn. Help Quinn Meinerz, you’re our only hope. Damn. Help Josh Meyers, you’re our only hope.

Why can't we just pick a random guard to play center and let McVay tell him what to do over the headphone before every play?

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Why Snead & Mcvay drafted & started Brian Allen when & how they did never made sense to me.I just think he is better know than he was then. This will be Shelton’s 3rd season as well with The Rams.
I've heard rumors that they both (Allen-Shelton) have compromising pictures of McVay &Snead.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Omg no lol we can't just start getting rid of multiple pieces on the offensive line
I am really sure no "multiple pieces" (OL'ers) were mentioned. It was just one.

But I am pretty sure that "multiple pieces" (OL'ers)like Demby & Allen have been discussed in many threads where most of the ROD wants to get rid of those. Doesn't seem to bother anyone & both of them have started.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict the Rams match Vikes offer, and Rams retain him.

Rams are in "win now" mode, and they can't enter 2021 with a massive question mark at C.

I think Rams had a handshake deal that Blythe could test waters as a FA, but he'd give Rams a chance to match it and stay. I predict Rams will "overpay" to keep Blythe (possibly including a Stafford restructure to make it work), and board will howl about the cap hit.

Then Rams can still draft an OL at 57.

Blythe and rookie will duke it out in camp for starter job.

Oh.... and if we find out Blythe is a Viking tomorrow, then never mind!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict the Rams match Vikes offer, and Rams retain him.

Rams are in "win now" mode, and they can't enter 2021 with a massive question mark at C.

I think Rams had a handshake deal that Blythe could test waters as a FA, but he'd give Rams a chance to match it and stay. I predict Rams will "overpay" to keep Blythe (possibly including a Stafford restructure to make it work), and board will howl about the cap hit.

Then Rams can still draft an OL at 57.

Blythe and rookie will duke it out in camp for starter job.

Oh.... and if we find out Blythe is a Viking tomorrow, then never mind!
Blythe is an unrestricted free agent he's able to sign wherever he wants to. Rams have no ability to match and take him away from another team other than to offer him a better deal.

Rams4life

Rookie
Name
Bud
So the rams wait until someone wanted him and then they want to sign him? Pretty fuckin thin if you ask me.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Blythe is an unrestricted free agent he's able to sign wherever he wants to. Rams have no ability to match and take him away from another team other than to offer him a better deal.

Maybe a handshake agreement he‘d give Rams chance to match?

I am with others, puzzled by our strategy if he signs with them. Hmm?

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Right. But one hears often about a player who wants to stay with their current team but also wants to "tests the waters" in FA first.

I'm just saying Blythe and Rams might have had an understanding that Blythe would at least give the Rams a chance to match (or slightly exceed) whatever offers he was given.

On somewhat rare occasions we'll hear of a player willing to give his current team a "hometown discount", where his current team only has to get "pretty close" to rival offers.

Sounds like JJ (for example) chose the Browns even though they didn't offer the absolute highest $ amount.

Both McVay and Snead have been talking up Blythe recently, sure sounds like they were sending signals that they wouldn't give up on him easily. But who knows.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
We need a veteran presence. Whether Blythe starts on the 2021 Rams is another matter. But don’t we need him in the room to help develop a starter even if he becomes a back up? If not Blythe then who?

Because at present it looks like we are going rookie. Creed Humphrey anyone? Pro-ready has to be the term for any pick at Center

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
With a 2nd, two 3rds and a 4th the Rams have the ammo to move around and get the Center they want if that's the plan.

Who is the best pro-ready Center? Creed Humphreys? More importantly perhaps, who else needs one?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If we don’t sign Blythe...

I have a hard time thinking we are boxing ourselves into an early draft pick. We haven’t telegraphed like that so obviously before, have we?

So... If it’s not Blythe... my guess is an internal option they like or a draft pick we don’t see coming.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Blythe and Reiter are both pretty similar players, and neither is the long term answer at center. Makes zero sense to overpay for one of them. We either move Corbett to center or everyone in the world will know what we're doing at pick 57.

It's just puzzling that when interior OL is clearly the part of the offense we need to improve, this is how we approach the off-season. I want to say we have a plan, but I said the same last off-season and we didn't address center at all. And then in 3rd round we let Cushenberry go one pick before us.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I've heard rumors that they both (Allen-Shelton) have compromising pictures of McVay &Snead.

Yeah - I’m sure. That picture is in both of there minds knowing that ALL RAM FANS think they SUCK & both players have to prove themselves.

I’ve been around SPORTS to know must FANS really don’t know CRAP about players!!! The NCAA tournament is a perfect example of players playing above & beyond there talent at times.

I go back and look at RAM games and sort of lol about players images.I know I don’t know Crap myself,because Vegas tells me so each morning I wake up thinking I know better.I will bet this though,that The Rams Offensive Line is going to be surprising.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Looks as far-fetched as it was trading for a 34 yr old veteran worn down a bit QB?

As someone once said, "You just never know".
Wondering your thoughts on that worn down QB ?? Is that Russell Wilson.