Austin Blythe to Chiefs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I am really sure no "multiple pieces" (OL'ers) were mentioned. It was just one.

But I am pretty sure that "multiple pieces" (OL'ers)like Demby & Allen have been discussed in many threads where most of the ROD wants to get rid of those. Doesn't seem to bother anyone & both of them have started.

was thinking that.Shelton,Brewer, & Anchrum are the only players not to start.You look at young offensive lineman age 23 & stracth your head about how good this players can be in 4 or 5 years after there 2nd contracts.

Coleman Shelton is just a UDRFA,but even he is a player like some The Rams have developed at other positions. I really have never seen him play.In fact he could have been drafted & am not sure.I think he has been on 2 different NFL teams besides The Rams ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict the Rams match Vikes offer, and Rams retain him.

Rams are in "win now" mode, and they can't enter 2021 with a massive question mark at C.

I think Rams had a handshake deal that Blythe could test waters as a FA, but he'd give Rams a chance to match it and stay. I predict Rams will "overpay" to keep Blythe (possibly including a Stafford restructure to make it work), and board will howl about the cap hit.

Then Rams can still draft an OL at 57.

Blythe and rookie will duke it out in camp for starter job.

Oh.... and if we find out Blythe is a Viking tomorrow, then never mind!

?????!?? nice prediction .

I like NACHO NAME in the 5th at Gulfstrem. I like BUCKS GOAT at TAMPA DOWNS Monday’s Opener.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Right. But one hears often about a player who wants to stay with their current team but also wants to "tests the waters" in FA first.

I'm just saying Blythe and Rams might have had an understanding that Blythe would at least give the Rams a chance to match (or slightly exceed) whatever offers he was given.

On somewhat rare occasions we'll hear of a player willing to give his current team a "hometown discount", where his current team only has to get "pretty close" to rival offers.

Sounds like JJ (for example) chose the Browns even though they didn't offer the absolute highest $ amount.

Both McVay and Snead have been talking up Blythe recently, sure sounds like they were sending signals that they wouldn't give up on him easily. But who knows.

I think JJ & Hill made an absolutely GREAT decision. The Cleveland BROWNS are a Storied NFL FRANCHISE.
How awesome would that be if they made it to the SuperBowl with The DAWG POUND getting back to what it once was !!!
The image of some All Pro taking his helmet to Big Ben sending him to retirement. Joking —

This guy did put Wentz & Bug Ben on the DL though. I think a couple others as well.He did fill the gaps well for his size.Was never the best,but was a okay Ram. Talk about Les Snead finding those top draft picks & making them work in The Rams system though.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
If we don’t sign Blythe...

I have a hard time thinking we are boxing ourselves into an early draft pick. We haven’t telegraphed like that so obviously before, have we?

So... If it’s not Blythe... my guess is an internal option they like or a draft pick we don’t see coming.

2017 TE - traded back,but still took Everett.
2018 Noteboom
2019 — OLine & DB’s ???
2020 Cam Akers -(more than any other year)

I’d have to say yes The Rams have always done this since Mcvay has been with The Rams.

2021 OLB/DE & 1 OLman ??
DB & TE/FB

2021 Scouting is going to really playout.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2017 TE - traded back,but still took Everett.
2018 Noteboom
2019 — OLine & DB’s ???
2020 Cam Akers -(more than any other year)

I’d have to say yes The Rams have always done this since Mcvay has been with The Rams.

2021 OLB/DE & 1 OLman ??
DB & TE/FB

2021 Scouting is going to really playout.
We do need a Long Snapper ~ @CGI_Ram

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Blythe and Reiter are both pretty similar players, and neither is the long term answer at center. Makes zero sense to overpay for one of them. We either move Corbett to center or everyone in the world will know what we're doing at pick 57.

It's just puzzling that when interior OL is clearly the part of the offense we need to improve, this is how we approach the off-season. I want to say we have a plan, but I said the same last off-season and we didn't address center at all. And then in 3rd round we let Cushenberry go one pick before us.
Was Cushenberry even The Rams guy ?
For some reason I’m not so sure.

Yeah - The Rams FLAT OUT cut Todd Gurley and it cost them how much ??

LMAO - Cam Akers wasn’t the pick ?? I can also tell you a couple other Stud RB’s that were in the draft The Rams might have liked as well.

Looking at 2021 The Rams didn’t know Reynolds & Everett were going to be hard to keep ?

OLB ??? T. Lewis still might be one of the best value picks in 2020.Still raw,but come 2024 The Rams at the least will be looking at a Comp pick.

Noteboom LMAO - how fast Ram Fans tend to over look there own players.He was a must pick & one of The Highest draft picks in McSneads era.

Brian Allen in my book has always been a reach & how The Heck Sean Mcvay cut John Sullivan to start without even taking a preseason snap is BEYOND me. Just shows how BAD The Rams Dept was. Having 2 LATE round ROOKIES as the only Backups. Oh wait JAMIL DEMBY. A 2nd year player who THE RAMS cut.

YEAH okay it’s ALL coming back. Hot Flashes. OH not to mention The DB’s?

Yeah Thanks you Football Gods for Robey-Coleman. He was always underrated,but we can go through those changes as well.

Peters,Talib,Weedle.
thank you T.Rapp,RAMsey D.Williams

oh thanks you Edwards,Evans,Corbett
& of course AUSTIN BLYTHE!!

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am really sure no "multiple pieces" (OL'ers) were mentioned. It was just one.

But I am pretty sure that "multiple pieces" (OL'ers)like Demby & Allen have been discussed in many threads where most of the ROD wants to get rid of those. Doesn't seem to bother anyone & both of them have started.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say exactly. Maybe I didn't make my point correctly. If Blythe leaves and havenstein is traded that would be two starters on the offensive line gone. I'm saying that I don't think that's a good idea.

And to your other point, demby and allen haven't played in a game since 2019 so I'm not sure what your point was. That's much different than losing actual players on the starting line.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Austin Blythe has been such as SOLID RAM.

ANY RAM FAN that hasn’t appreciated AUSTIN BLYTHE I’m sorry for you.

He has went above & BEYOND his call duties.First of he was never a Starting Guard in The NFL.We all know that,but as an UNDERSIZED Guard he helped take The Rams to The Super Bowl. The Rams had one of there best offensive years in ther HISTORY?????

He came back in to finish 2019 as The Rams starting center after still being counted on as The Rams starting RG to start the Season. GENIUS SEAN MCVAY starts 2 SECOND YEAR PLAYERS with NO NFL Experience.

BTW - these 2 OFFENSIVE Lineman both don’t play a preseason game.Talk about Covid 2019.

Anyway Austin Blythe is still an undersized Center who was called upon to start a GUARD. In 2020 he helped guide The Rams into The 2nd rd of The Playoffs as there starting Center.All while having a 21 year old Rookie RB being featured.

I thank Austin Blythe for his years as a Ram.Mcvay 2017 He was Basically The Rams only backup as well.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'm not sure what you're trying to say exactly. Maybe I didn't make my point correctly. If Blythe leaves and havenstein is traded that would be two starters on the offensive line gone. I'm saying that I don't think that's a good idea.

And to your other point, demby and allen haven't played in a game since 2019 so I'm not sure what your point was. That's much different than losing actual players on the starting line.

If Rob Havenstien is traded The Rams really need to draft for the future Big Time.
I think The point is Jamil Demby & Brian Allen in 2019 were both counted on VERY MUCH so.

What The Rams roster starting in 2021
Shows right Now is The Depth!! I personally think if you look at the youth & experience on The Rams OLINE you’ll see it.

There is nothing wrong with EVER improving depth & making The Roster better.The Realization is another story.
I think BONIFAY’s point is just that.Jamil Demby,Allen & Noteboom will be competing for a roster spot if not a starting spot.Add Austin Corbett to the mix & all are in contract years.

Then you look at Evans & Edwards.They were thrown into the fire at 22 years old & expected to Start for The Rams who were coming off a SuperBowl year & anything less was FAILURE. (We can talk 9ers). Corbett was the savior & Les Snead finding him. (Yes- Peter & Talib had to go.RAMsey).

Brewer was another excellent find by Snead.22 year old coming off cancer & how he played.Now after sitting out The Rams have control of home for basically 3 years.
Anchrum is another 22 year old coming out last season.What’s his upside ??
I’m a HUGE JOSEPH NOTEBOOM Fan.What he did last year was IMPRESSIVE!!! All other Ram Fans seem to think differently. I think his value to The Rams in 2021 is priceless.
He has started the last 2 seasons.To DOUBT him something I did.I doubt him no more & think he will start at
LG for a 3rd season.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We do need a Long Snapper ~ @CGI_Ram

100% agree In fact I think having an All Pro Long Snapper didn’t help The 1st 2 or 3 kickers The Rams had in 2020.

Wanting GAY 2021 & The Parade in LA as well. Let’s make it a Party Early 2022

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's just puzzling that when interior OL is clearly the part of the offense we need to improve, this is how we approach the off-season. I want to say we have a plan, but I said the same last off-season and we didn't address center at all. And then in 3rd round we let Cushenberry go one pick before us.
And then in the 4th round they drafted some TE who they apparently felt was more important to ride the bench than Biadasz who played well for the Cowboys after recovering from some injuries

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Like the humor. Pro-sarcasm.

Hope the Rams can upgrade at Center ... and a couple other positions.

Still see MN as an odd destination for a center since the Vikings appear to already have two centers that started in 2020. Blythe would make three. That would be three more than the Rams.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Maybe the Rams are going to change the game and run out there with a 3 tackle, 2 guard offensive line.

Tano

Legend
And then in the 4th round they drafted some TE who they apparently felt was more important to ride the bench than Biadasz who played well for the Cowboys after recovering from some injuries

That was the pick that really confused me.

What the hell. I know they were concerned about Everett leaving after this year but they still could have waited on the TE position since Higbee was still going to be around.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Rob Havenstien is traded The Rams really need to draft for the future Big Time.
I think The point is Jamil Demby & Brian Allen in 2019 were both counted on VERY MUCH so.

What The Rams roster starting in 2021
Shows right Now is The Depth!! I personally think if you look at the youth & experience on The Rams OLINE you’ll see it.

There is nothing wrong with EVER improving depth & making The Roster better.The Realization is another story.
I think BONIFAY’s point is just that.Jamil Demby,Allen & Noteboom will be competing for a roster spot if not a starting spot.Add Austin Corbett to the mix & all are in contract years.

Then you look at Evans & Edwards.They were thrown into the fire at 22 years old & expected to Start for The Rams who were coming off a SuperBowl year & anything less was FAILURE. (We can talk 9ers). Corbett was the savior & Les Snead finding him. (Yes- Peter & Talib had to go.RAMsey).

Brewer was another excellent find by Snead.22 year old coming off cancer & how he played.Now after sitting out The Rams have control of home for basically 3 years.
Anchrum is another 22 year old coming out last season.What’s his upside ??
I’m a HUGE JOSEPH NOTEBOOM Fan.What he did last year was IMPRESSIVE!!! All other Ram Fans seem to think differently. I think his value to The Rams in 2021 is priceless.
He has started the last 2 seasons.To DOUBT him something I did.I doubt him no more & think he will start at
LG for a 3rd season.
yeah the 2019 season is exactly why I'm so averse to changing starters on the line on a championship team. Sullivan left and saffold left and then all of a sudden we had massive holes in our offensive line. So that was my initial point.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
If we don’t sign Blythe...

I have a hard time thinking we are boxing ourselves into an early draft pick. We haven’t telegraphed like that so obviously before, have we?

So... If it’s not Blythe... my guess is an internal option they like or a draft pick we don’t see coming.
Lets just say, they're certain position's the Rams have gambled on with going players and it's absolutely bit them in the ass.. and that's IOL and ILB. Which means I have absolutely 0% faith in them to get it right I'd it's gambling again on young, inhouse talent.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was the pick that really confused me.

What the hell. I know they were concerned about Everett leaving after this year but they still could have waited on the TE position since Higbee was still going to be around.
Well, the answer back then was how that TE was special and they were going to find ways to use him, while a guy like Biadasz wasnt going to contribute right away. Since McVay plays his rookies right away, that made all the sense in the world.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It's rare for a rookie center to come in and start. NFL defenses are far more complex than those these guys faced in college. It's why I think Allen is their guy this year. They just got a new QB for a Super Bowl run. I don't see them playing a rookie who could get him hurt with a missed call.

Contrary to popular belief Allen played well in 2019 as a first-year starter. He's had 3 years of film study, and he will probably have as close to a normal offseason as compared to last year. He's a better pass blocker and more mobile than Blythe.

And yet it happens far more often than you suggest.