Austin Blythe to Chiefs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
I recall them liking center prospects in the last three drafts. They just either didn’t play it right or couldn’t get to a high enough position to pick them.

So maybe they really want one, but they want one cheap. At least they’ve been looking.
All about value I suppose.
For his potential price they liked Blythes level of play compared to another FA who might cost more.
They aren’t coming off their price.
The Rams might have a FA fall to them late in FA that is their price range.
They clearly don’t see the value of Blythe over the other options beyond their price point. Good to stick to the guns on this I think.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
With McSnead, Rams always have a plan, and a damn smart one.

This whole C conundrum is weird, because it's awfully hard to see what "the plan" is.

Are Rams locked in to taking an interior OL with their first pick, and seemingly don't care if everyone knows it?

Or do they have faith that Corbett can play C, with Evans at G?

Or faith in Anchrum?

Or is there a plan in place to move up in draft, because there are a few interior OL prospects they think can start on day one?

Or some weird trade for a vet possible, along with reworking Stafford's contract?

Lot of possibilities, but they all sound kinda risky...

What's the plan at C, Rams?!??!? We can't take the suspense much longer...!

Maybe they like enough of the draftable centers that they’d be happy with one of several prospects and feel that one will reach them in rounds2-4. Some sites think there are as many as five or six above average centers in this draft. Now none seem to have the regard of a guy like Travis Frederick did as a sure fire first round pick, but many have 2nd to 4th round grades.

Or maybe Carberry has a trick up his sleeve with an under the radar guy.

I know Les doesn’t like to show his hand in any draft but at this point I don’t think any team believes that he doesn’t want to draft a center in this draft.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
All about value I suppose.
For his potential price they liked Blythes level of play compared to another FA who might cost more.
They aren’t coming off their price.
The Rams might have a FA fall to them late in FA that is their price range.
They clearly don’t see the value of Blythe over the other options beyond their price point. Good to stick to the guns on this I think.

Well a drafted center would fall into that same price range then.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Put me in coach, I'm ready to play...today...I could be...a Centerpiece... ~ Scott Wells

SinCityRam

UDFA
I’d kill to be a fly on the wall during McSnead’s meetings to know what their plan at center is going forward.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I really don’t care what the plan is or who it is as long as they execute it well.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
I feel like they're happy with what they have and with whoever they can add through the draft. There was an article posted earlier where Ragnow raved about Stafford's knowledge of the line calls. Ragnow himself started at guard his whole first year and wasn't a pro-bowl center until last year. They can move Corbett over if necessary if the center's they like are gone or if a guard is there that they really like. I'm sure our new QB will help get whomever it is up to speed.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
I've always been a Blythe fan. Yea, hes not the best center, but that's not the only position he can play. Very good insurance to have if your starter goes down. Best of luck to the guy.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I've always been a Blythe fan. Yea, hes not the best center, but that's not the only position he can play. Very good insurance to have if your starter goes down. Best of luck to the guy.
I always felt you can obviously do better but can also do much worse. Hopefully they didn't plan on him testing the market and coming back, and now sit with not a damn plan

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I always felt you can obviously do better but can also do much worse. Hopefully they didn't plan on him testing the market and coming back, and now sit with not a damn plan

Who says this isn't the plan? Perhaps they had no intention of resigning him. Perhaps they did. We don't know. They may have a guy on the roster who is going to be plan B if they don't get the center they like in the draft. But I'm betting they're going to get their center.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Who says this isn't the plan? Perhaps they had no intention of resigning him. Perhaps they did. We don't know. They may have a guy on the roster who is going to be plan B if they don't get the center they like in the draft. But I'm betting they're going to get their center.
I'm not saying it is or isn't. I'm just saying I hope they didn't get cocky and think he'd test the market and come back crying for a contract.

I sure as hell wish they would've got one of the better Centers that have been available this off-season.

TexasRam

Legend
SONOFA ~ Matthew Stafford

Welcome our new UDFA Center
zMGPV1R.jpg
That’s literally what my 15 year old son looks like when he flexes while he says “dad look at these guns”.

I always say “bro, you are ripped”.

Dad responses.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
This Center situation is testing our patience AND our faith in Snead/McVay.

I’m certain that they have a plan. I just hope it’s a good one, dammit!