Aughn: Manziel Would Add Much Needed Excitement To Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I knew that part. Then what do you do with the draft picks?

Preferably?
1b. Mike Evans
2. LaMarcus Joyner/Jason Verrett
3. Gabe Jackson

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Preferably?
1b. Mike Evans
2. LaMarcus Joyner/Jason Verrett
3. Gabe Jackson

Interesting.

Not my cup of tea.

I'll stick with Bradford, then trade down from 2 and up from 13 and figure out a way to get Watkins, GRobinson, and Yankey.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting.

Not my cup of tea.

I'll stick with Bradford, then trade down from 2 and up from 13 and figure out a way to get Watkins, GRobinson, and Yankey.

I didn't factor in a Bradford trade in the picks.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Manziel is an exciting guy to watch, but man... I can see him getting killed in the NFL. I've been watching a lot of his games lately, and one thing I noticed is that the backside pursuit in college isn't near as good as it is in the NFL. Nor is gap discipline. He not only takes advantage of running lanes, he tries to make his own with complete disregard for his peripheral vision. Every game I saw where he made one of those spectacular plays, I wondered to myself... What would happen if he was trying to do that against the Rams defense and Robert Quinn? By that I mean, running in and out of the pocket, scrambling left and right, and not really caring about what's coming behind him. Seriously. If he keeps that up at the next level, someone's going to put him in the hospital.

RFIP

When his height is exposed as under 6' I want to see what GM is going to have the balls to draft the first 5'11" QB in the 1st round since 1953.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
How much are they paying Lynch? He dominated this game.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
When his height is exposed as under 6' I want to see what GM is going to have the balls to draft the first 5'11" QB in the 1st round since 1953.

You think Bridgewater is under 6" ???

RFIP

You think Bridgewater is under 6" ???

No, Manzeil.

But on both I heard Greg Cosell say; "a scout in the know told me he'd be surprised if Manzeil measured 6' and that Bridgewater will come in at 6'1"..."

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
No, Manzeil.

But on both I heard Greg Cosell say; "a scout in the know told me he'd be surprised if Manzeil measured 6' and that Bridgewater will come in at 6'1"..."

Manziel is the same size as Fran Tarkenton. Sir Francis was listed as 6'0" but that was a stretch.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Wilson's stat line today.
R. Wilson9/18for 103 yds. 5.7yd/att0TD0INT rating=67.6

That's all you need to win when you play QB for the Seahawks.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No, Manzeil.

Bridgewater is 6'2" at worst. Manziel will likely come in just over 6'0".

RFIP

Wilson's stat line today.
R. Wilson9/18for 103 yds. 5.7yd/att0TD0INT rating=67.6

That's all you need to win when you play QB for the Seahawks.

Yep drives me insane. And could you see if Sam had the game(s) Brees had in Seattle both today (where he should have thrown 3 picks and wasted timeouts as the play clock ran down on him).

But all hail to Wilson because he was the "winning" QB today. It amazes me how many dumb football fans hang their hat on QB's W/L records when so many QB's jobs are made MUCH easier by the rest of their team, crowd, etc.

Not saying Wilson isn't good but please...and the Rams play him better than almost any team in football.

RFIP

Manziel is the same size as Fran Tarkenton. Sir Francis was listed as 6'0" but that was a stretch.

I'll be very interested in seeing his actual size but I'm on record as saying he's getting big time rag-dolled at the next level, he's not that fast and he's too light...mark my words, with his cocky attitude you will see play after play where DL and LB's just grab him by the shirt with one hand and wip him to the ground.

PhxRam

I'll be very interested in seeing his actual size but I'm on record as saying he's getting big time rag-dolled at the next level, he's not that fast and he's too light...mark my words, with his cocky attitude you will see play after play where DL and LB's just grab him by the shirt with one hand and wip him to the ground.

Dont worry I bookmarked it. You can see it in my profile.

iced

Yep drives me insane. And could you see if Sam had the game(s) Brees had in Seattle both today (where he should have thrown 3 picks and wasted timeouts as the play clock ran down on him).

But all hail to Wilson because he was the "winning" QB today. It amazes me how many dumb football fans hang their hat on QB's W/L records when so many QB's jobs are made MUCH easier by the rest of their team, crowd, etc.

Not saying Wilson isn't good but please...and the Rams play him better than almost any team in football.

yep, preach on.

so tired of hearing how great wilson is - could only imagine the praise bradford would get if he had a top 5 defense and top 5 running game.

I'm sure Wilson will get all the credit due to his "W/L" record.. typically the people who attribute wins/losses to the QB position is never an opinion I ever take seriously.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I'm with you.

Wilson might be short, but he's got bulk.

Manziel? He's a twig.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
yep, preach on.

so tired of hearing how great wilson is - could only imagine the praise bradford would get if he had a top 5 defense and top 5 running game.

I'm sure Wilson will get all the credit due to his "W/L" record.. typically the people who attribute wins/losses to the QB position is never an opinion I ever take seriously.

And... Wilson wasn't very accurate today.