Are the Rams Talking/Negotiating with ANY Free Agents?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Have it mixed with lemonade. Always lightens it up. I like to mix it up strong enough to where the fiance can sniff it from her chair and say "yuck".. she hated beer, whiskey, and only LOVES straight tequila.
"Don't ask her on a straight tequila night" signed, John Anderson.
Great song!

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I pointed out later his $1 million is a bit off but I get what he's saying he just was wrong on the number. What he's saying is the rookie class will cost $1 million more than the people already on the roster (who they replace in the top 51 formula). It's closer to 3 million but yes it's not the full amount. The 6 picks will replace players making $660k. So that $3.96 million will be replaced by the rookie class who costs about $6 million.
Yeah, rookies taken from the 5th rd and on might not even make the top 51. $2M sounds abt right.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame

In sum, article says Rams still looking at center, including Blythe, and maybe receiver or TE. Not clear to me how much money they have but obviously Rams are waiting for the market to settle. They could still get another $9.5m by restructuring Stafford.

"In the short term, the Rams need to solidify their plan for the center position — a priority for them, but one on which they have focused privately as opposed to their splashy re-signing of outside linebacker Leonard Floyd earlier this week.

Instead, the front office is quietly waiting for the bottom to fall out of the center market. Last year’s starter, Austin Blythe, is currently exploring free agency."

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Nah 660k is the minimum for vets it looks like rookies are a bit more per this chart.

They won't be replacing guys with a $660k cap hit.

Screenshot_20210318-224419.png

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They won't be replacing guys with a $660k cap hit.

View attachment 44406
Hard to tell at this point but even if they don't it doesn't push the needle a lot that's 6 guys making $120k more it's still about $1.5 million needed for them. You're assuming all those guys making 780k make it over the 660k and I bet Perkins at least makes it. We'll see what happens.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Goff didn't regress that is stupid to think that oeriod
BTW. Rethink how you address other members' opinions. Use your words and referring to another opinion as stupid is not a brilliant use of them.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
In sum, article says Rams still looking at center, including Blythe, and maybe receiver or TE. Not clear to me how much money they have but obviously Rams are waiting for the market to settle. They could still get another $9.5m by restructuring Stafford.

"In the short term, the Rams need to solidify their plan for the center position — a priority for them, but one on which they have focused privately as opposed to their splashy re-signing of outside linebacker Leonard Floyd earlier this week.

Instead, the front office is quietly waiting for the bottom to fall out of the center market. Last year’s starter, Austin Blythe, is currently exploring free agency."
Thanks! I figured it was Center and probably Blythe. We'll be left with the worst Center again.

Ramon Ram

Starter
I'm still hoping Rams and Stafford told Golladay they want him but are strapped. Thinking maybe they said explore the market and come back and lets see if we can get creative and figure out something long term. If Kupp gets hurt where are we?

Let me dream please!

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks! I figured it was Center and probably Blythe. We'll be left with the worst Center again.

Doesn't seem to be any good options left.

Remaining cap dollars are definitely for center.

We will need to draft two OL and a WR. The fact that no ILBs have been released tell me we're going to roll with what we have there.

I think the DL will suffice.

We have three picks on day 2 - feels like they will all be offense.

Actually, I bet our first four picks will be two OL and two WRs. Then out last two a pass rusher and a CB

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Doesn't seem to be any good options left.

Remaining cap dollars are definitely for center.

We will need to draft two OL and a WR. The fact that no ILBs have been released tell me we're going to roll with what we have there.

I think the DL will suffice.

We have three picks on day 2 - feels like they will all be offense.

Actually, I bet our first four picks will be two OL and two WRs. Then out last two a pass rusher and a CB
Not many good options left because they let it all dry up first. We'll be pissed when we sign Blythe for the same price as what what of three better options got.

I hope they don't roll with the same ILBs. They're serviceable against the bottom tier teams but once we get to the better teams, and power run teams, they're a huge liability.

I'm completely comfortable on the DL.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
And that position is the centre and after investigating all the centres that hit free agency they will determine that Austin Blythe was the best value for money..

Unfortunately that is how they played two years in a row. They arent

So looks like Blythe is they guy at least until draft

I hope the finally get a gods one

Ugh

Not many good options left because they let it all dry up first. We'll be pissed when we sign Blythe for the same price as what what of three better options got.

I hope they don't roll with the same ILBs. They're serviceable against the bottom tier teams but once we get to the better teams, and power run teams, they're a huge liability.

I'm completely comfortable on the DL.

Hopefully Rozeboom has been impressive and he’s an upgrade on what they have. Otherwise we will see a lousy games where the ILBs get exposed and it ends in a loss.

Expect teams to spread the defense out wide all year until McVay proves he can beat it. Sounds like 2019 all over again