Are the Rams Talking/Negotiating with ANY Free Agents?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shuie3225

Starter
Austin Reiter is an upgrade at center thats still available if we want to go that route. But I'm not sure we will. Something tells me were targeting a center at 57 and the more I've studied it, there will be some great G/C options available there. There's a chance Corbett gets moved to Center or even Anchrum gets the nod there. Been reading some great stuff about him and he appears to have been a steal last year in the 7th.

So we might grab the best guard at 57 and move someone to center if we dont love the center options. If we resign Blythe its likely for cheap and for depth. But regarding our remaining $20M to spend(after Stafford restructure) I think there's a very good chance we sign Goloday or trade for Ertz. I think McVay wants to add another great pass catcher before the draft.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Every time a fan claims his team can’t afford a player, a free agent gets his wings.
I think AvengerRam is a great handle. However, if you decide to make a change and want to try something out of your comfort zone ... ZuZu-Ram would be unique.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jordon implies one more free agent will be signed and most of us will love the position being addressed hope the player matches that. But then a deeper dive into the article posted will piss us off.

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1372721190930845698

Drafting offense sounds likely.
She said in the podcast that Center is a big priority for the Rams. They wanted to see what Blythe may get offered. They didn’t just trade for Stafford without planning on protecting him. So it sounds like Center will be addressed in the draft.

About the addresses position it sounded like Center but I can’t see fans loving the remaining choices. Could they be signing an ilb like Perryman?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Austin Reiter is an upgrade at center thats still available if we want to go that route. But I'm not sure we will. Something tells me were targeting a center at 57 and the more I've studied it, there will be some great G/C options available there. There's a chance Corbett gets moved to Center or even Anchrum gets the nod there. Been reading some great stuff about him and he appears to have been a steal last year in the 7th.

So we might grab the best guard at 57 and move someone to center if we dont love the center options. If we resign Blythe its likely for cheap and for depth. But regarding our remaining $20M to spend(after Stafford restructure) I think there's a very good chance we sign Goloday or trade for Ertz. I think McVay wants to add another great pass catcher before the draft.

In the Podcast Jourdan said to be clear the Rams were never involved in talks to sign Marvin Jones, and never discussed trading for Zach Ertz. They were fan rumors.

I guess Golloday could be possible?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Drafting offense sounds likely.
She said in the podcast that Center is a big priority for the Rams. They wanted to see what Blythe may get offered. They didn’t just trade for Stafford without planning on protecting him. So it sounds like Center will be addressed in the draft.
Yeah I know a lot of others agree I just don't want to see Blythe at Center again this coming season, I'm done with him.

Shuie3225

Starter
In the Podcast Jourdan said to be clear the Rams were never involved in talks to sign Marvin Jones, and never discussed trading for Zach Ertz. They were fan rumors.

I guess Golloday could be possible?

The Marvin Jones rumors were started after he was asked a question in an interview where he said he would be down to come to LA. But with Ertz NFL sources reported yesterday that the Colts, Bills, and Rams have been the ones having discussions. Jourdan is plugged in so if she said Ertz is not gonna happen, that means we expect Hopkins to take a big step this year.

But her saying we'll be excited about the position we are targeting now, it has to be WR. Yes many would get excited about upgrading Center, but all the big upgrades there are gone. WR is all that makes sense to me with the way she phrased it. Plus she was having recent discussions on twitter with fans wanting to add a deep threat WR. And what big splash WRs are still out there? JuJu is too similar to Woods and Kupp. It has to be Golloday. Our WR corp is gonna be fucking loaded! I'm calling it now lol.

dang

Legend
So sign Blythe to his $2.745321m deal already. He’s all that’s left other than Reiter (which they likely wont pay for). They may pick up a couple at vet minimum for depth but time to focus on the draft.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
The only position fans would be happy with being addressed in FA acquisition would be OL (center) or maybe iLB (edge lower). WR would seem like a big waste/misuse of funds. So I have to assume we spend what remaining we have on either an OL or LB.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The only position fans would be happy with being addressed in FA acquisition would be OL (center) or maybe iLB (edge lower). WR would seem like a big waste/misuse of funds. So I have to assume we spend what remaining we have on either an OL or LB.
I would agree for an OL upgrade but not sure who remains available that would rate as a clear upgrade over Blythe.

Austin Reiter maybe? I wonder how much he benefited from having a mobile, super-star QB behind him.

I know PFF rated Reiter higher than Blythe but I have never entirely accepted PFF as a reliable source for evaluation.

After O-Line, I would like to see an addition at Cornerback which I think is a really thin position at this point. Plenty of veteran CBs available. Not sure if any are ideal and affordable. Was hoping for Desmond King but Les Snead refused to take my calls.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Prob with these centers is none of them move the bar all that much. This is why I have warmed to jrry's thought of Corbs sliding over.

And honestly I don't know why more teams don't convert their own centers for that matter. Target some guards you like who are willing and coach them up.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I can post it in this thread... is that allowed here? I've been around awhile but never asked..

giphy.gif

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

That’s freaking funny - I’ll allow it as well. This is the time the roster forms.
Good to see the direction The Rams will head in.

The BIGGEST question still remains the same at Center.We as Ram Fans just don’t know McSneads thinking

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Prob with these centers is none of them move the bar all that much. This is why I have warmed to jrry's thought of Corbs sliding over.

And honestly I don't know why more teams don't convert their own centers for that matter. Target some guards you like who are willing and coach them up.

Something for the offensive line feels most important.

If Corbett slides over that's okay by me too.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
Plus she specifically said “priority position”. That greatly limits things (WR would NOT be classified as such by me).