Are the Rams Talking/Negotiating with ANY Free Agents?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Someone mentioned Goff?????

GiantFlashyFoxhound-small.gif

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Agreed. It’s not like we didn’t make
Moves. It’s just most of it was retaining our own.

But if they don’t sign a free agent center or guard I’m gonna be pissed.

I agree. But even if they do sign a free agent center, they're probably going to draft one also. Guard? Edwards, Corbett, Anchrum, Evans. I could see them going OG in the draft depending....... if we sign a FA center, who and for how long? A 1 year deal? A 3 year deal. I hope they draft the best C available and the best G or T available with the first two picks. Then they can get that speedy WR, Edge, ILB, CB or S. But they never roll the way I think they should....mainly because I don't get paid to know everything.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the interior linemen aren't ascending. We have a LT that is another year older. Our Center sucks period. We played small ball due to the OL. They need an upgrade.

We need a young stud C who can settle the position for 5 years or more. We need a OT, preferably LT. I was watching Stanford's pro day today and Little looks like a beast. And we may need a G in the draft. I'd love to see them take all 3. Like you said, Whitworth is day to day. Havenstein is okay but I think they could do better. And WTF do we have with the rest of the OL on the roster? I think Noteboom could be a good RT.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the interior linemen aren't ascending. We have a LT that is another year older. Our Center sucks period. We played small ball due to the OL. They need an upgrade.

There is no argument or debate that both Corbett and Edwards are ascending players. Both were decent in 2019 and both got better in 2020 and are young

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Snapchat-857818715.jpg

Sometimes you gotta make a few stiff Jim Beam mixers and accept that no matter who you want the Rams to sign, it ain't happening.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Good to know you can speak for McVay.

Actually I thought it became obvious over the season with how mcvay called games and commented after them that he was frustrated with not being able to use his entire playbook.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
looks more like gingerale. Add more beam.
Have it mixed with lemonade. Always lightens it up. I like to mix it up strong enough to where the fiance can sniff it from her chair and say "yuck".. she hated beer, whiskey, and only LOVES straight tequila.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
What Center? Last year's selected center that we have seen play center the last two seasons is no longer here?? I agree fully with you if your speaking of Austin Blythe.

I have not seen any sizeable drop in Andrew Whitworth's on-field performance. Have you? AW was injured for a 1/3 of the season. I still think he is better than 20 to 25 other teams starting LT's. Havenstein was rated one of the best run-blocking RT in the NFL by PFF. I am very much aware of his issues with small quicker rushers but overall he better than 2/3rds of the other starting RT's.

Young David Edwards took over for the injured Noteboom & started until he injured his Achilles & missed the last two gms & the rest of the season. Kromer has been flip-flopping him & Austin Corbett back & forth for the last two seasons. Edwards starting the last half of 2019 @ RG. What do you find programmatic with Edwards's performance? What did he demonstrate to make you think he will regress?

Austin Corbett did start off great with his first season starting @ RG but leveled off towards the end. Would you not expect over-improvement in his second season starting @ RG? Noteboom has proven he is no starting OG but he sure is an excellent backup OT. Can you name a better backup OT?

The jury is still out on Bobby Evans ...I think he is an RT & back up swing OT, but most others here think he is better @ OG ......oh well we will find out.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Goff didn't regress that is stupid to think that oeriod
Sure looked like it to me and I was definitely one in the Goff camp and still am unsure about the trade. He seemed to be missing throws he made previously and was seemingly unwilling to get rid of it into tight windows like he had before. He also didn't seem to be progressing like expected and that is a form of regression for a young QB.

Shuie3225

Starter
Sure looked like it to me and I was definitely one in the Goff camp and still am unsure about the trade. He seemed to be missing throws he made previously and was seemingly unwilling to get rid of it into tight windows like he had before. He also didn't seem to be progressing like expected and that is a form of regression for a young QB.

Can we please not dignify those types of comments with responses and risk turning this thread into one of the other 50 Goff threads we've had in the last 2 months. (y)

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
According to this we've opened up some cap space, $7.6 million is the number cited.

View: https://twitter.com/camdasilva/status/1372558016189452290?

The site Spotrac says our rookie class will cost us just under $6 million. As things stand no we're not negotiating with anybody.

I read somewhere that while the total outlay for our rookie class will be in the realms of $6M, the NET cost will only be just over $1M as they will replace the players at the lower end of the roster. Not sure if that is correct but it sounds feasible and I so much want to believe it is true!! :)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I read somewhere that while the total outlay for our rookie class will be in the realms of $6M, the NET cost will only be just over $1M as they will replace the players at the lower end of the roster. Not sure if that is correct but it sounds feasible and I so much want to believe it is true!! :)
I pointed out later his $1 million is a bit off but I get what he's saying he just was wrong on the number. What he's saying is the rookie class will cost $1 million more than the people already on the roster (who they replace in the top 51 formula). It's closer to 3 million but yes it's not the full amount. The 6 picks will replace players making $660k. So that $3.96 million will be replaced by the rookie class who costs about $6 million.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I pointed out later his $1 million is a bit off but I get what he's saying he just was wrong on the number. What he's saying is the rookie class will cost $1 million more than the people already on the roster (who they replace in the top 51 formula). It's closer to 3 million but yes it's not the full amount. The 6 picks will replace players making $660k. So that $3.96 million will be replaced by the rookie class who costs about $6 million.

Thanks OS, I saw your post after I had replied to your earlier post. I agree the concept is sound and that the numbers are probably closer to what you have highlighted.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Yep. Considering the top 51 are at about $780k or more. So if you add a pick on at $1M the cap is only impacted at $220k since a $780k is no longer a top 51.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor