Are the Rams Talking/Negotiating with ANY Free Agents?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I still lol at all the outside the box thinking. Some not far fetched,so I’ll
add to it.

My point is until there is an indicator it’s not really truth.We as Fans don’t know what exactly goes on behind closed doors. McSnead always give certain tips on the direction the Rams are going.I think Mcvay & Les stay on point.

I don’t agree on a couple things,but will feed into a bigger back ?? Could The Rams use a FB ? Everett lined up
in that spot a couple times last season.
—Now that I delayed with this post Johnny Mundt just resigned.It takes the thought of a FB away,because of one less roster spot & Johnny plays special teams.

I don't believe I heard about any guaranteed money in that Mundt signing, he may or may not make the 53, there could still be additions & subtractions made at TE as well as several other positions. I'm looking forward to our 2021 camp. Rams could also choose to just go with 3 TE's on the 53 depth chart if they can't find anyone else to their liking. jmo.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Technically it'll take about $3 million (little less not doing the math atm) to sign the rookie class since they'll replace people on the top 51 salary. That leaves us about $4 million in cap space to sign people as things stand. We all expect Stafford to be extended a couple years and lower this years cap hit but it hasn't happened yet so not counting those eggs. We also wee a lot of the guys we'd like to sign being signed elsewhere so not sure where that leaves us. Bargain hunting to not affect the comp formula?

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
According to sources the Los Angeles Rams have entertained the idea of adding Nota Fuckinthing to there roster.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd also like to see the restructures and where is Staffords? He needs to work something out and I'm sure that was discussed in Mexico. He should be at Brady discount mindset if he really wants to win. Whats our cap number now?

I saw where Cincy's offer to Golladay was a 1 year prove it deal. Let's see what happens on his visit to Giants. We should be able to get creative with him if he doesn't get big bucks from Giants.

a one year prove it deal? Didn’t expect that.

Since the Rams are limited financially by the cap I’d like to see them bringing in someone like Marvin Hall who can probably be had for close to the veterans minimum.

Hall drops too many passes for my liking.

I think people forget that McVay's high standards have benefits. The guy jettisoned a young QB because he was not developing to the extent he wanted. Do you really think he'll accept the film Blythe put up?

PFF has this wrong. The Rams know who Blythe is IMO. If he does return it'll be as a depth type but that is unlikely because Blythe probably won't get another chance to get paid like this. He might be able to ride those BS grades to a contract with a team that has a shitty front office.

I hope you are right about this.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Honestly, I thought we were going to be sitting way better than I thought.. and we're way worse than I thought.

We acquired Stafford, resigned Floyd, tendered DWill while we were 36 mil over the cap. How is that not sitting pretty?

Surely the losses of Johnson, Brockers, Everett, Malcolm Brown and Fox haven't decimated our roster? Losing JJ is not a welcome event but reasonable thinking was we'd probably lose both JJ and Floyd. Plus we have Burgess ready to replace JJ and we could grab another S in the draft.

The idea we were going to be able to retain everybody is a fantasy. Yet we've managed to keep the important parts of our roster intact, get under the cap and not lose anybody over money except Brockers. Most were prepared to let him go to Baltimore last year!

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Surely the losses of Johnson, Brockers, Everett, Malcolm Brown and Fox haven't decimated our roster? Losing JJ is not a welcome event but reasonable thinking was we'd probably lose both JJ and Floyd. Plus we have Burgess ready to replace JJ and we could grab another S in the draft.
Yeah the moment we drafted two safeties JJ was gone. He knew it, we knew it, and it's hard to believe anyone didn't know it. Only way that wouldn't have mattered is if they both stunk on the field but that was not the case.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Yeah the moment we drafted two safeties JJ was gone. He knew it, we knew it, and it's hard to believe anyone didn't know it. Only way that wouldn't have mattered is if they both stunk on the field but that was not the case.

Fuller is a playa and Burgess was coming on when he was injured. We're in good shape on the back end. The thing that surprises me is most reasonable fans believed that between Floyd and JJ, we'd lose at least one. With our cap situation, it looked to me like we'd lose both. But of the two, an overwhelming number of fans believed Floyd would have been a bigger loss than JJ. Apparently they were right as the Rams thinking was the same.

TexasRam

Legend
We acquired Stafford, resigned Floyd, tendered DWill while we were 36 mil over the cap. How is that not sitting pretty?

The idea we were going to be able to retain everybody is a fantasy. Yet we've managed to keep the important parts of our roster intact, get under the cap and not lose anybody over money except Brockers. Most were prepared to let him go to Baltimore last year!
Agreed. It’s not like we didn’t make
Moves. It’s just most of it was retaining our own.

But if they don’t sign a free agent center or guard I’m gonna be pissed.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed. It’s not like we didn’t make
Moves. It’s just most of it was retaining our own.

But if they don’t sign a free agent center or guard I’m gonna be pissed.
Pretty sure they'll sign me ~ Austin 3:16
ciMLyHW.jpg

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Kromer's plan might have been to go with Blythe again in 2021 & was resolute about it..........McVay could have had enough. McVay knows he needs a deep pocket for his QB to step up into provides that second or two to utilize the entire field to have the mediate to long pass plays return to his playbook for utilization, instead of just the rerun & never changing very predictable & short 5 to 10 yd pass patterns. Blythe was never going to give McVay's QB room to step up into. So we will see..........

Now a month or so later we have two new OL coaches. Blythe is NOT under contract. Snead has two interior primary centers on his 2021 built roster in Coleman Shelton & Brian Allen. Allen will enter his 4th Ram TC & Shelton will be entering his 4th NFL TC & his 2nd Ram TC. Snead mentioned Allen & the issues in his successful rehabbing from a severe knee injury two yrs ago as being his biggest monster to fight.

Most here have such a negative opinion of the 2019 version Allen after Kromer placed him in a bad situation having never seen any regular-season action his rookie season then starting in his 2nd season with only bench experience. If that was not bad enough Kromer stuck Allen in between three virgin starting OG's (Demby/ Blythe/ Noteboom):zany:. What could go wrong went wrong.:explode:

Presently Ram Centers Shelton & Allen are no longer rookies or inexperienced with both entering their 4th seasons. It will be 2 yrs from the time we saw Allen when this upcoming season starts. Whomever our new center is will have two experienced OG's (Corbett/Edwards) starting beside him also. So the interior OL situation is much better in 2021 than it was in 2019.

A lot of really good information about Allen, I had forgotten how young that group was at the beginning of 19. If that knee is ready he might be the answer we’re looking for.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
That's my current position with the Rams too. The amount of UFA's at the center position are thick this year in comparison to the last 3 or 4 yrs. Snead would be smart to lay low for the 2nd tier part of FA'cy & see which veteran OC might come calling who wants to play in a warm area & for a team working hard for a championship this season.

4/5ths of this starting OL unit will return intact. This is a big deal guys & gals! The fact is most teams are not close to having this situation. They might be adding some talent but 4/5ths of this Ram Ol has been together for over 2 seasons. At OT the Rams have two very good solid vets with a loaded younger brew to back them up. This is very rare!

The interior OG's are ascending players who are just now beginning to figure how to play OL in the NFL. The interior reserve unit is also young & ascending. There is no reason to think they will regress. There's only one piece out of 10 player OL that needs to be filled that's a starting center.

With such a good overall OL unit as we have the plan may be as simple to utilize one of our own interior OL'ers who been here for several seasons, knows the playbook & the system & then in late April just draft a few centers to prepare for the future.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the interior linemen aren't ascending. We have a LT that is another year older. Our Center sucks period. We played small ball due to the OL. They need an upgrade.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
It's true that telling folks to calm down usually riles them up, and folks panicking usually elicits other folks to tell them to relax. Lol.

The Oline conversation is definitely a hot point. I don't think anyone really knows how bad or good it is because Goff's all-around game has regressed going back quite awhile. I happen to think that's a fact but whatever, rather not get into that here.

Cheers dude. One more thing though, one and done in the playoffs? Whats the definition of one and done? Getting in and losing first game is what i thought that meant. ?

By my definition the Rams haven't been one and done since McV's first year in '17.
My definition could be wrong. Anyone?
Goff didn't regress that is stupid to think that oeriod

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the interior linemen aren't ascending. We have a LT that is another year older. Our Center sucks period. We played small ball due to the OL. They need an upgrade.
Although the center was not great, the QB was more the reason that the offense was limited.

LOURam85

Rookie
We played small ball due to Qb at least that’s what mcvay thinks

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
According to sources the Los Angeles Rams have entertained the idea of adding Nota Fuckinthing to there roster.

i don't know to much about this nota guy but i like his size and speed. i can only hope he dose not cost us a bunch of dead cap next year. he shouldn't cost us much because he dose nota fukinthing