Are the Rams Talking/Negotiating with ANY Free Agents?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Not trying to push you over the ledge but the Rams are one of only two teams (Packers the other) that have yet to sign another team’s free agent.
I saw that.. I'm getting closer to the edge than earlier!

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
And to be even more brutally honest as we saw with the Super Bowl you out score the opponent in todays NFL by keeping your QB clean and getting the other QB dirty. KC got their asses kicked hit Brady twice got 1 sack. Meanwhile Mahomes was hit 10 times and sacked 3. It's not a complicated formula.
What you say is true in general. However, since you brought up a specific game, it didn't help that Coach Reid kept trying to throw deep into the Bucs Cover2 and Cover4 shells. You think he would've adjusted by the second Qtr and go back to the short and intermediate passing that beat the Bills in the Championship game. Had they done that, they could have controlled TOP and kept Brady off the field more.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
So all teams had to be under the cap by 1 pm PT. When the F will the Rams restructured contracts to get under the cap be posted. I want to see who got restructured and who did not.
I believe it was reported that Whitworth, Donald, Ramsey, Kupp and Woods all restructured. This all happened between Monday and Wednesday.

Name
MistahTroupe
"Not sure if this has been posted or made rounds around the forum yet but will leave it here and can be moved if needed to a section that discusses The Rams prospects for the draft they are targeting."

- MT
----------------------------------------------

" https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/19/rams-nfl-draft-chauncey-golston-meeting/ "

Rams met virtually with Iowa DL Chauncey Golston

USATSI_13675481.jpg

Cameron DaSilva

March 19, 2021 1:19 pm

Michael Brockers is out as the Rams’ starting defensive end after the team traded him to the Lions for a future seventh-round pick. His backup, Morgan Fox, is also gone; he signed with the Panthers as a free agent.

The Rams have a clear hole along the defensive line now, needing to add depth and talent next to Aaron Donald and Sebastian Joseph-Day. The draft is littered with talented defensive linemen, including Iowa’s Chauncey Golston. According to Justin Melo of The Draft Network, the Rams met virtually with Golston.

Some will view Golston as an edge rusher, but he has the ability to play outside linebacker and defensive end in the Rams’ scheme – similar to how Fox did. He’s 6-foot-4 and 268 pounds, which is almost the same size as Fox (6-foot-3, 276 pounds).

He would add some pass-rushing prowess to the Rams’ defensive line, complementing Leonard Floyd and Donald up front. As a Senior Bowl attendee, too, he checks that box for the Rams, giving them a chance to see him up close.

Golston should be a Day 3 target for the Rams.

View: https://twitter.com/JustinM_NFL/status/1372702027625734148?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1372702027625734148%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheramswire.usatoday.com%2F2021%2F03%2F19%2Frams-nfl-draft-chauncey-golston-meeting%2F

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
"Not sure if this has been posted or made rounds around the forum yet but will leave it here and can be moved if needed to a section that discusses The Rams prospects for the draft they are targeting."

- MT
----------------------------------------------

" https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/19/rams-nfl-draft-chauncey-golston-meeting/ "

Rams met virtually with Iowa DL Chauncey Golston

USATSI_13675481.jpg

Cameron DaSilva

March 19, 2021 1:19 pm

Michael Brockers is out as the Rams’ starting defensive end after the team traded him to the Lions for a future seventh-round pick. His backup, Morgan Fox, is also gone; he signed with the Panthers as a free agent.

The Rams have a clear hole along the defensive line now, needing to add depth and talent next to Aaron Donald and Sebastian Joseph-Day. The draft is littered with talented defensive linemen, including Iowa’s Chauncey Golston. According to Justin Melo of The Draft Network, the Rams met virtually with Golston.

Some will view Golston as an edge rusher, but he has the ability to play outside linebacker and defensive end in the Rams’ scheme – similar to how Fox did. He’s 6-foot-4 and 268 pounds, which is almost the same size as Fox (6-foot-3, 276 pounds).

He would add some pass-rushing prowess to the Rams’ defensive line, complementing Leonard Floyd and Donald up front. As a Senior Bowl attendee, too, he checks that box for the Rams, giving them a chance to see him up close.

Golston should be a Day 3 target for the Rams.

View: https://twitter.com/JustinM_NFL/status/1372702027625734148?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1372702027625734148%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheramswire.usatoday.com%2F2021%2F03%2F19%2Frams-nfl-draft-chauncey-golston-meeting%2F

Ah yes, another Hawkeye for me :cool:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rams and Packers are only 2 teams not to sign an outside free agent

No team in the NFL came into the first week of free agency with less cap room than the Los Angeles Rams. In fact, the Rams didn’t have any space at all. They began the week $33 million over the salary cap, needing to restructure five contracts just to get under the cap by Wednesday’s deadline.

It comes as no surprise that the Rams have been relatively inactive on the free-agent market. With limited cap space, they’ve had to pick and choose their targets carefully. So far they’ve re-signed Leonard Floyd and Johnny Mundt, while also applying a first-round tender to Darious Williams.

Other than that, they haven’t signed a single other player. The Rams and Packers are the only two teams in the NFL not to sign any outside free agents, as both teams have sat on the sidelines all week.

Like the Rams, the Packers made one major move by re-signing Aaron Jones to a four-year deal worth $48 million. That made for a quiet rest of the week in Green Bay, similar to the impact Floyd’s deal had on the Rams’ plans.

No one in L.A. should be surprised by the team’s inactivity. Even now, the Rams have about $7 million in cap space, which isn’t nearly enough to make a big splash in free agency. They can restructure Matthew Stafford’s contract or extend his deal to lower his 2021 cap hit of $20 million, but that’ll only happen if the Rams feel it’s completely necessary.

In other words, don’t expect much movement from Les Snead and Co. the rest of the way. They could try to re-sign Austin Blythe or add an inexpensive center, but a headline-making move is unlikely to happen.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
So, IF, The Rams can only afford ONE more somewhat highly rated Free Agent who would you choose?

Since I don’t think there anymore highly sought after Centers on the Board (I hope I am wrong!) I would probably go after CB Jackson (But, Still wish Golladay would give the Rams a DISCOUNT to come play with Stafford!!!). But, I am guessing the Rams may just end up signing a couple of the cheaper/better bargain Free Agents!

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'd take M.Ingram, Clowney, or Dunlap over a WR personally. I'm pretty happy with our top 3 guys, could use a cheap 4th option preferably with speed. Don't get me wrong, love me some Golladay, but, I don't think paying another WR big money is a good idea right now.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
So, IF, The Rams can only afford ONE more somewhat highly rated Free Agent who would you choose?

But, I am guessing the Rams may just end up signing a couple of the cheaper/better bargain Free Agents!

Should the Rams opt for a higher priced free agent addition, it would come down to Dunlap or Jackson for me.

If we go with a couple less expensive types, my WR guy Zay Jones is now out as he was re-signed yesterday, so maybe TE Trey Burton or Jordan Reed & ILB Patrick Onwuasor. jmo.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jackson could work. He was injured last year but he's a solid corner and he won't affect the comp formula. I think it would be a solid move since he'd only be a slot but if he's the guy from a couple years back we'd be sitting very nice.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Jackson could work. He was injured last year but he's a solid corner and he won't affect the comp formula. I think it would be a solid move since he'd only be a slot but if he's the guy from a couple years back we'd be sitting very nice.

Totally agree even if he isn't the best tackler he isn't the man on here so as a slot with his speed it's a good fit and he can return kicks.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's a read from last year when the Titans were considering him at the slot. He had the knee for like 9 games so health is gonna be key for him.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Comparing Jackson vs any of the centers btw you are probably getting a better player. Center quality seems to be a league problem too tbh.

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
Well, back to the original question and thread title... No.. no they're not.

SeminoleRam

Pro Bowler
Name
PaceRam
Well, back to the original question and thread title... No.. no they're not.

Very Disappointing! I would think at the very least the Rams would need/want to start replacing some of the players they have recently lost to Free Agency?! I know there is still the Draft but I am still hoping that they will sign a few decent Free Agents in addition to the Draft!

ottoman89

Name
Josh Otto
Very Disappointing! I would think at the very least the Rams would need/want to start replacing some of the players they have recently lost to Free Agency?! I know there is still the Draft but I am still hoping that they will sign a few decent Free Agents in addition to the Draft!
I agree! As I said in another post.. seems like we have a legit 41 players for our 53 active man roster and 6 draft picks.. not a great ratio!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Jourdan Rodrigue seems to believe something is up, whether trade or free agent signing I have no idea, although I believe it was just yesterday when she said something is near, and we're going to like it.