Are the Rams Talking/Negotiating with ANY Free Agents?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shuie3225

Starter
Blythe will be resigned. That's the move Jourdan was referring to. I still think we sign another DL as well. Dunlap hopefully but there's a few guys.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Blythe will be resigned. That's the move Jourdan was referring to. I still think we sign another DL as well. Dunlap hopefully but there's a few guys.
Not sure that's one to excite us (Blythe). Look at Clowney/A. Smith/Atkins

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
I believe the rams might be done in FA. Time to look forward to the draft.

dang

Legend
Well laddy frickin da. A C- center signing out of the bargain bin is a worry not a celebration.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

if that's who she thinks rams fans will be excited about she's one dumb, clueless hack.

so i'm gonna disagree with your statement there because she isn't those things.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
if that's who she thinks rams fans will be excited about she's one dumb, clueless hack.

so i'm gonna disagree with your statement there because she isn't those things.

What did Jourdan say? I missed it

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
What did Jourdan say? I missed it

She said the Rams were going to make one more move that she thinks the fans will be pretty excited about. Then they will make some other moves that we won’t like too much.

The good move very easily could have been DeSean Jackson. Maybe she reasoned that since he’d be coming back to L.A. that Ram fans from there would be excited.

Maybe she thought that getting Adoree Jackson was going to happen.

or maybe it didn’t happen yet.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
She said the Rams were going to make one more move that she thinks the fans will be pretty excited about. Then they will make some other moves that we won’t like too much.

The good move very easily could have been DeSean Jackson. Maybe she reasoned that since he’d be coming back to L.A. that Ram fans from there would be excited.

Interesting. I feel like if it were Jackson then she would have followed up on her statements. And I think she would know that Jackson has a fine signing but doesn't move the need on terms of excitement per se. It might have been Adoree since he's a USC guy.

Shuie3225

Starter

Can you provide a link to this quote? Because when she was referring to an exciting move this was before DeSean Jackson signed. And I believe she said that in response to all the twitter questions she was getting about a deep threat. She knew the fans wanted one, hence an exciting signing.

Her more recent tweet didn't say anything about getting excited, it said "one to two more small moves, although one of them is pretty important." Which is why I think she's talking about Center and very likely Blythe. I think DJax is what she was talking about. If not why would she say the upcoming moves we have left are both low-key?

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1374020505917779971?s=19

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Can you provide a link to this quote? Because when she was referring to an exciting move this was before DeSean Jackson signed. And I believe she said that in response to all the twitter questions she was getting about a deep threat. She knew the fans wanted one, hence an exciting signing.

Her more recent tweet didn't say anything about getting excited, it said "one to two more small moves, although one of them is pretty important." Which is why I think she's talking about Center and very likely Blythe.

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1374020505917779971?s=19

I was talking about the quote from a few weeks ago. It may have been in her podcast.l before DeSean was signed.

Looking at the quote you provided I’d say that it likely didn’t pan out and you are correct that it was probably Adoree.

The important one is probably Center. If they felt Shelton wasn’t good enough to beat out Blythe last year, I doubt that they feel he could be a better option this year.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
If we go into the 2021 season with Blythe as a starter anywhere on the OL I'm gonna lose it lol. There's no point in getting a burner to take the top off if the play can't develop because the QB only had 1.5 seconds to get rid of the ball. Improving the line will improve the running game as well. Its key at this point and we haven't made any attempt to fix it from what I can tell.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Why did the rams restructure enough contracts--more than any year I can remember--to create 17 mil in cap, without staffords restructure, if they aren't working on signing someone who will cost at least 10 miliion after blythe is signed?

The dline lost a starter and the next man up in fox so mcvay and snead have to be considering a dline addition outside of the draft since we know how they use rookie dlinemen....not much.

Dunlap or.......Kerrigan, who had 5.5 sacks last year in a rotational situation, would be less than 10 mil, and played with mcvay.

MachS

Hall of Fame
If we go into the 2021 season with Blythe as a starter anywhere on the OL I'm gonna lose it lol. There's no point in getting a burner to take the top off if the play can't develop because the QB only had 1.5 seconds to get rid of the ball. Improving the line will improve the running game as well. Its key at this point and we haven't made any attempt to fix it from what I can tell.

While I agree we need to upgrade at center, the plan might be Corbett or a rookie in the draft. But regardless, last year's offense wont be what we see next year even if the OL stays the same. Stafford's pocket movement and overall mobility is so much better than Goff's. If there is traffic around him he will be able to move and still throw the ball down the field. I dont think Blythe is a bad backup plan to sign for cheap if we can, though I dont want to overpay him. At 57 we should have one of the top 4 centers available to us.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Why did the rams restructure enough contracts--more than any year I can remember--to create 17 mil in cap, without staffords restructure, if they aren't working on signing someone who will cost at least 10 miliion after blythe is signed?

The dline lost a starter and the next man up in fox so mcvay and snead have to be considering a dline addition outside of the draft since we know how they use rookie dlinemen....not much.

Dunlap or.......Kerrigan, who had 5.5 sacks last year in a rotational situation, would be less than 10 mil, and played with mcvay.

I agree. Not upgrading at center is baffling, for the last three years. And why not sign a veteran edge? If they are thinking Super Bowl then why not shore up all weaknesses?

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

I would doubt the accuracy of the $17M without some details.

Spotrac and Over-the-Cap have contract details and, but for the Donald restructure, are pretty consistent that the Rams are about $10M under, without the DeSean Jackson contract factored in.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wonder if they can renegotiate with this Dead Cap guy. He’s got a huge number this year :biggrin:

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
While I agree we need to upgrade at center, the plan might be Corbett or a rookie in the draft. But regardless, last year's offense wont be what we see next year even if the OL stays the same. Stafford's pocket movement and overall mobility is so much better than Goff's. If there is traffic around him he will be able to move and still throw the ball down the field. I dont think Blythe is a bad backup plan to sign for cheap if we can, though I dont want to overpay him. At 57 we should have one of the top 4 centers available to us.
I completely agree dude

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I wonder if they can renegotiate with this Dead Cap guy. He’s got a huge number this year :biggrin:
R72d6995a192e5d9742c77d09bfb04a9d