Antonio Brown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Should blame AB for that.
That wasn't the point of my post but you knew that.

In case you didn't....
The Pittsburgh Steelers are as irrelevant as the Detroit Lions are this week yet this story is big news because...well i suppose its because TMZ doesn't have anyone assigned to cover drama in Detroit.

Its like the popular girl who didn't get asked to the prom made news because she found a pimple on her nose.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
What has Roethlisberger done that has cleaned up his image?
He publicly trashed his teammates on air. And then publicly stated he wasn’t apologetic.
He throws an INT to lose a game and goes on radio saying a rookie WR should have caught a pass. He’s a jerk

He's settled down, has a family, and does charity work. Yes I know many players do that but he is not the same asshole as he was circa 2010.

He didn't "trash" anyone. He simply stated James Washington has to make that play. It's not a big deal and it's overblown.

which smart team has tagged a rb twice?

The Steelers. IDK why you refuse to acknowledge how they run things in the past. This is a team that let Super Bowl MVPs and DPOYs go. They don't care.

Lewis fled the scene of what ended up being a murder to help a friend who had stabbed someone. A lot of people think he was the person that did the stabbing. He was not. He broke the law but that's miles from raping a woman in a bathroom while laughing about it.

I'm not going to dive too much into this, but there was never sufficient evidence in either case. Will that stigma every leave him though? No, probably not. But I'm willing to say he's changed.

Ray Lewis did and so did Mike Vick. I think all three are in the same level of heinous crimes - or being associated with them. But I don't see why 2 of those 3 can rid themselves of that stigma, but not Ben.

The stealers came out worse off by far. Bell will still make his money, only delayed for a year. Teams will be happy he doesn't have another year of 400 touches on his body. The stealers bungled their way out of the playoffs. Rapeburger kept throwing horrible interceptions and blaming everyone else for the losses. The stealers secondary kept getting torched, that $14.5m they wasted trying to screw bell would have come in real handy there.

No, they didn't. They'll be fine.

That wasn't the point of my post but you knew that.

In case you didn't....
The Pittsburgh Steelers are as irrelevant as the Detroit Lions are this week yet this story is big news because...well i suppose its because TMZ doesn't have anyone assigned to cover drama in Detroit.

Its like the popular girl who didn't get asked to the prom made news because she found a pimple on her nose.

Well AB did really cause it. Apparently it was all from him venting in practice. So there's that.

TexasRam

Legend
Big Ben is a problem. Bad Character and constant backstabbing teammates in the Media. If I am Tomlin I get him out of Pitts.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Steelers. IDK why you refuse to acknowledge how they run things in the past. This is a team that let Super Bowl MVPs and DPOYs go. They don't care.

i have acknowledged how they run things and how they're fuckwits of the highest order and that them screwing bell over blew up in their face and they missed the playoffs because of it.

maybe you are the one that needs to do some acknowledging.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's settled down, has a family, and does charity work. Yes I know many players do that but he is not the same icehole as he was circa 2010.

He didn't "trash" anyone. He simply stated James Washington has to make that play. It's not a big deal and it's overblown.
I call BS
He does a radio show where he calls out his fellow players.
That’s an icehole
What regarded sportsman in any sport does that? None.
Glad he has a family and isn’t raping girls anymore. Hard to pat him on the back for that

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I call BS
He does a radio show where he calls out his fellow players.
That’s an icehole
What regarded sportsman in any sport does that? None.
Glad he has a family and isn’t raping girls anymore. Hard to pat him on the back for that

It's being made out like he completely belittled his WRs. He didn't. Just explained they play. Being overblown.

You don't have to like him or root for him. But as someone who followed him and his team for the past 15+ years the dude has turned his life around, just like other guys that I mentioned.

i have acknowledged how they run things and how they're fuckwits of the highest order and that them screwing bell over blew up in their face and they missed the playoffs because of it.

maybe you are the one that needs to do some acknowledging.

No matter how many times you want to call them "fuckwits", it doesn't make it so. I trust the team over than how you perceive them to be.

And, no they didn't miss the playoffs because of it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's being made out like he completely belittled his WRs. He didn't. Just explained they play. Being overblown.

You don't have to like him or root for him. But as someone who followed him and his team for the past 15+ years the dude has turned his life around, just like other guys that I mentioned.
Nobody is making him out to be anything to me. I’ve seen his appearances, I’ve seen how and what he said. Leaders don’t throw team mates under the bus. And that’s what he did.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So, could a playoff team acquire Brown and play him in the post season??

Lots of Eagles fans buzzing about just this scenario. Supposedly Filthydelphia wants Brown bad, and urgently.

If I was the Steelers, I'd ship him to the Bills, Jets, Raiders or Cards,

Debacled

Starter

Lots of Eagles fans buzzing about just this scenario. Supposedly Filthydelphia wants Brown bad, and urgently.

If he is cut, I suppose. Trades don't open back up until March

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Antonio Brown trade rumors: Ranking eight best landing spots, plus four teams with no chance for Steelers star
Here are eight teams that should try to land Antonio Brown
16 hrs ago

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-four-teams-with-no-chance-for-steelers-star/

After a 2018 season that included plenty of drama, it appears that Antonio Brown and the Steelers have finally had enough of each other.

Brown met with team owner Art Rooney on Tuesday and the two decided that it would be best for both parties to go their separate ways. This means that Brown is officially on the trading block more than six weeks after originally requesting to be traded.

So how did we get to this point? Let's quickly review all the drama that's happened in Pittsburgh since the end of the regular season.

Just after the end of the 2018 season, CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reported that Brown requested to be traded from the team.

According to La Canfora, a big reason Brown wants to leave is because he's having issues with coach Mike Tomlin and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. The tension between Brown and Roethlisberger boiled over in Week 17 when the two players got into a heated dispute before a practice. The dispute was so serious that it caused Brown to skip practice for the rest of the week and to sit out the team's season finale against the Bengals. Although Roethlisberger downplayed the incident, he did admit that Brown won't return his calls or texts.

If the Steelers were hoping to repair the relationship during the offseason, that definitely didn't happen. As a a matter of fact, things only seemed to get worse. It there were any Steelers fans out there hoping that Brown might stay in Pittsburgh, they likely lost all hope on Feb. 12 when Brown tweeted a goodbye to "SteelerNation," saying it was "time to move on and forward."

View: https://twitter.com/ab84/status/1095375211749355520?s=21

The Steelers are now officially fielding phone calls for Brown, and according to general manager Kevin Colbert, three teams have already called with interest in trading for the Pro Bowl wide receiver.

La Canfora has reported that team plans to start formal trade talks at the NFL combine, which means things are going to start getting serious next week. The combine kicks off on Feb. 26 and runs through March 4.

So where will Brown end up? Glad you asked.

We've ranked eight potential landing spots below and four spots where he almost certainly won't end up. Also, La Canfora has reported that the Steelers would ideally like to trade Brown to an NFC team, which is why we've gone NFC heavy at the top of our list below.

With that in mind, let's check out the top-eight landing spots for Brown.

1. 49ers
The 49ers receiving corps could definitely use a boost and Brown would provide that instantly. In 2018, the 49ers leading receiver wasn't even a receiver -- it was tight end George Kittle, who set an NFL record for tight ends with 1,377 yards. (The 49ers' leading wide receiver was Kendrick Bourne, who finished the year with just 487 yards). Kittle also caught 88 passes and it appears that he would have no problem sharing some of that load with Brown, and we know that because he's already trying to recruit the Steelers receiver to San Francisco.

View: https://twitter.com/gkittle46/status/1079981838758699008?s=21

As for Brown, he definitely seemed intrigued by the idea. Not only did he respond to Kittle's tweet, but he also "liked" a picture that someone posted of him Photoshopped into a 49ers uniform.

View: https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1080164999866343424?s=21

Brown put up huge numbers in 2018 and he could potentially put up even bigger numbers in 2019 playing in an offense designed by 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan. With Jimmy Garoppolo throwing him the ball, there's no reason to think that Brown couldn't approach or surpass his biggest seasons with the Steelers. The upside for Pittsburgh in this trade is that it would get Brown out of the AFC and send him across the country.

2. Cardinals
With Larry Fitzgerald's storied career nearing its end, the Cardinals are going to be in dire need of a new No. 1 receiver soon, which would make Brown a perfect option in Arizona. Although Fitzgerald put up impressive numbers in 2018, Josh Rosen didn't really have anyone else to throw the ball to. To put Fitzgerald's production in perspective: He caught six touchdown passes in 2018 while the rest of the team combined for just nine. Add Brown to the mix as a long-term pairing with Christian Kirk, and the offense will be well-positioned to handle the eventual loss of Fitzgerald. Like the 49ers, the Cardinals also have a player who's trying to recruit Brown and that player is Patrick Peterson.

View: https://twitter.com/p2/status/1095380963335360513?s=21

Kittle and Peterson aren't just rivals on the field, it looks like they're now also rivals on the recruiting circuit for Brown's services.

3. Raiders
Jon Gruden has basically spent the past 12 months collecting first-round picks and this might be the perfect spot to use one. With three first-rounders in the 2019 draft, Gruden could call up the Steelers and offer one for Brown. The Raiders are also in serious need of a wide receiver after trading Amari Cooper to the Cowboys in October. It would almost be fitting if the Raiders used the first-rounder acquired in the Cooper deal to trade for Brown.

4. Packers
One of Aaron Rodgers' biggest problems in Green Bay is that his receivers generally have some serious issues getting open. If the Packers were to trade for Brown, that would likely solve a lot of those problems. With Brown and Davante Adams on the team, Rodgers would have no excuse to have a bad season in 2019. The thing that makes the Packers an intriguing option is that they actually have two first-round picks this year, which means they could offer one to the Steelers in exchange for Brown.

5. Dolphins
Brown landing in Miami would actually make a lot of sense. For one, he already lives there so he probably wouldn't have any issue with a trade sending him to South Beach. Also, he would probably like the fact that he would instantly become the best receiver on the Dolphins' roster. Brown finished the 2018 season with 1,297 receiving yards, which was more than the Dolphins' top two receivers combined (Danny Amendola led the team with 575 yards, followed by Kenny Stills, who ended the season with 553 yards). Of course, the Dolphins don't really have a quarterback right now, so that could potentially throw a wrench in things. It's also possible the Dolphins wouldn't want to put their first-year coach through all the drama that a player like Brown could potentially bring. New coach Brian Flores came is coming from New England and it's very possible Brown wouldn't be on board with the South Beach version of the "Patriot Way."

6. Redskins
The Redskins seem to love drama so Antonio Brown would be a perfect fit in Washington. Not to mention, they could also use a star receiver. In 2018, no receiver on the Redskins roster even topped 560 yards. Also, Brown caught 15 touchdown passes this season, which was just one less than the Redskins caught as a team. The biggest issue with the Redskins is probably the fact that they don't know who their quarterback is going to be next season.

7. Jets
The Jets are reportedly going to be a strong suitor for Le'Veon Bell this offseason, so at this point, they should just go all-in and turn into the Steelers of the AFC East by adding Brown. According to Over the Cap, the Jets are going to have nearly $100 million in free cap space in 2019, which means they could easily afford to pay Brown. The Jets already have Robbie Anderson, which means Sam Darnold would have several serious weapons going into 2019 if his team was to make a deal with the Steelers for Brown.

8. Colts
With more salary cap space than any other team this offseason, the Colts have the cap room to take on Antonio Brown's contract, which makes them a perfect financial fit. Brown would also likely thrive in Frank Reich's offense with Andrew Luck throwing him passes. Despite Brown appearing to be a natural fit in Indy, the Colts aren't ranked higher on this list because general manager Chris Ballard has quietly hinted all offseason that he's not going to add anyone who might bring drama to the Colts locker room and if we know one thing about Brown, it's that he brings drama everywhere he goes.

Four teams that won't be landing Antonio Brown
Patriots
Browns
Bengals
Ravens

Although the Steelers are open for business when it comes to trading Brown, they almost certainly won't be taking phone calls from these four teams. According to La Canfora, the Steelers don't want to deal Brown to the Patriots or any team in the AFC North. Obviously, this thinking makes a lot of sense. If you're the Steelers, the last thing you want to do is make the best team in your conference (the Patriots) even better. As for the rest of the AFC North, the Steelers would be crazy to send Brown to any of these three teams, because that would mean that they would have to face him twice a year. The last thing the Steelers need is to lose a future division title because they lost two games to the Ravens after Brown torched them in both games.

With these four teams eliminated, that means there are 27 other teams that could end up calling the Steelers about a possible Brown trade.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Not sure how I feel about SF and AZ topping this list.

I think it will say a lot about the emphasis on team culture with two young HC who are out to prove themselves. Do they want the quick hit and risk of Brown? That’s going to be interesting to watch.

———

https://clutchpoints.com/three-reasons-49ers-should-not-trade-for-antonio-brown/

Three reasons the 49ers should not trade for Antonio Brown

The San Francisco 49ers have some big opportunities this offseason. They hold the second overall selection in the 2019 NFL Draft, possess a lot of cap space, and they hopefully will have a healthy Jimmy Garoppolo back at quarterback. They may also be a potential landing spot via trade for the services of wide receiver Antonio Brown.

Brown, a world-class pass catcher and world-class diva has also likely worked his way out of a pretty good gig with the Pittsburgh Steelers, and after some serious flirtation on social media, the Niners could be a potential landing spot.

But is that good for San Francisco?

Week 17 capped off a bizarre and drama-laden season for the Steelers, one that saw two of their best players serve as a wrecking ball to the organization. Between Le’Veon Bell and Brown, potential suitors should beware, especially a young team like the 49ers.

Brown is a compelling talent, especially for a San Francisco team who could use a significant upgrade at the receiver position. Kendrick Bourne was the lead pass catcher for the Niners in 2018, racking up 487 yards on 42 receptions. Contrast that with AB, who over the past five seasons had 115 catches for 1,529 yards and 12 touchdowns. That’s serious production.

But does that warrant having one high profile player potentially placing your organization in his personal snow globe whenever his massive ego isn’t catered to enough?

Here are three reasons the Niners should avoid the carnival that is Antonio Brown.

3. Antonio Brown is Toxic Baggage
In the National Football League, talent can lead a lot of fans, head coaches, general managers, and owners to overlook personal flaws. Antonio Brown is talented on the football field, as equally as he is toxic off of it. In a huddle, on the sideline, or in the locker room, Brown is the one player who demands attention and adoration. Without it, his wrath can destroy chemistry and a season, it’s as simple as that.

The question for the San Francisco 49ers is whether the well-known baggage is worth the upside. That upside can’t be ignored, especially in an NFC West where the Los Angeles Rams were scoring points by the bunches en route to sweeping the division.

A player like Brown gives the Niners a chance, especially if Garoppolo can return to the form fans saw the last five weeks of the 2017 season.

There is no denying that the 49ers are a good fit if for no other reason than that head coach Kyle Shanahan is the author of a pass-happy offensive scheme AB would likely flourish in. He’d have an opportunity to move San Francisco out of the cellar and compete with the Seattle Seahawks as a possible threat to the Rams’ stranglehold on the West.

That aside, Brown has issues of the legal variety as well as his inability to get along with a locker room and teammates who could outshine him. At what cost could the potential outweigh the liability of a loose cannon in an organization still rebuilding?

AB is a lot for opposing teams to deal with, n argument you could make for the 49ers organization as a whole.

2. Will Brown be Patient With a Younger Team?
Quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo and head coach Kyle Shanahan are part of a youthful group in San Francisco. Brown, who will be 31 when the NFL season rolls around, might be a player better suited for a veteran team who is closer to winning than the Niners currently are. Which is the diplomatic way of wondering if AB is capable of growing with a quarterback who has yet to play an entire season, and a young coach entering only his third season.

It’s a fair question to ask. Brown has three years left on the deal the 49ers would inherit. How good he can remain in his mid 30s is a question hard for either side to answer.

The more pragmatic question is whether the San Francisco 49ers wants to settle in with a veteran receiver who has shown he doesn’t always play well with others. Garoppolo will be coming off of a knee injury and how he responds is not yet known. The hope and the hype from his 5-0 run to close out the 2017 season simply never had an opportunity to materialize to something better in 2018.

It’s anybody’s guess what the Niners look like or just how close they may or may not be to a .500 team or better.

1. Niners Better Off Short Term Without Antonio Brown
Fans and analysts looking for the quick fix love the idea of Antonio Brown in a 49ers uniform. He’d also bring some legitimate credentials to a position San Francisco could stand to upgrade. He would sell tickets to fill an often empty Levi’s Stadium and excite a fanbase long gone dormant.

Sounds good, right? Wrong.

The Niners are at a critical juncture as they remake, retool, and rebuild a franchise not that far removed from a Super Bowl appearance. They appear set at the quarterback position, have a young head coach who looks to be in line with what an offensive-centric league looks like, and play in a division where they can make a move.

Trading for Brown doesn’t necessarily make them better, at least not in 2019.

The San Francisco 49ers are still a question mark. Because of the injury to Garoppolo in Week 3 against the Kansas City Chiefs, the Niners are more deserving of a grade of ’incomplete’ for 2018. If the Niners had a healthy QB and maybe finish at .500, they are a team trending up, making acquiring a playmaker like Brown logical.

It’s just not logical right now.

The jury is out on what to expect from the 49ers come next season. Making a splash with Antonio Brown doesn’t guarantee anything more than the potential for headache and regret, something fans in San Francisco have had enough of.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Brown doesn’t get a choice. Steelers are going to send him to the team that best suits their needs with draft picks. I can see him doing a Randy Moss and coasting in Oakland for a couple years just to get cut and be able to choose a team.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
AB has been great, hes probably already a HOF player .

BUT hes just not worth the headache, I can see him bouncing around a few bad teams to end his career.

The qb makes the wr, he will see how lucky he has been to have ben his whole career .

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Big Ben is a problem. Bad Character and constant backstabbing teammates in the Media. If I am Tomlin I get him out of Pitts.
This is why I am not a fan of him. Aaron Rodgers is in the same boat just doesn't seem like a good teammate.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Hopefully they get into a bidding war and way overpay for an aging WR with three years on his contract and a bad attitude. Much better that than they use high picks to draft a player or two who will be thorns in the Rams' side for years.

PARAM

Hall of Fame

Eagle fans are the worst. Everytime somebody seems available, they expect Rosen to go out and get him. I used to think it was because they always had the cap room but that's not the case anymore. They want everybody and expect everybody they want to be a perfect fit.

Ram65

Legend

I think it will say a lot about the emphasis on team culture with two young HC who are out to prove themselves. Do they want the quick hit and risk of Brown? That’s going to be interesting to watch.

Hopefully they get into a bidding war and way overpay for an aging WR with three years on his contract and a bad attitude. Much better that than they use high picks to draft a player or two who will be thorns in the Rams' side for years.

Seems like a 50/50 deal for SF. Kittle and Brown would be a hard one two punch to stop. AZ still has question marks with Rosen and they are still far away from contending. The price tag will be interesting. His second year with the team (SF) would be the best chance to win. After that more drama over a new contract going into his final year of his current deal. They could be serious challengers by year two. SF probably would be better off passing on him in the long term.