Antonio Brown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
I saw a tweet saying he would be a good fit for the whiners. Idk how good he is without Rapistberger. Jimmy G-String isn’t gunna deliver him the deep ball the way he likes. I doubt it would work there.

. . . which makes it perfect! What better place to start another dumpster fire than Frisco? We need to get our collective asses in gear and make this happen! For our children and our children’s children!

Jimmy G-string. :rolllaugh:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If AB goes to Green Bay to play on the other side of Devante Adams, I’m making sure Aaron Rodgers is my QB in fantasy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
AB signed two contracts. One for $42.5 mil, and a second for $68 mil.

The team offered Leveon a $70 mil deal, which he and his posse turned down. I don't see how that's crapping on their stars.

James Conner is a traditional RB. He did just fine, and would've been a 1000 yard rusher if he didn't get a high ankle sprain. And he doesn't get arrested, suspended. Or act like an icehole when he didn't get the contract the team felt was fair. JuJu was just voted team MVP, despite fumbling away the ball. He held himself accountable.

If AB keeps this up, he'll end up just like Santonio Holmes and Mike Wallace.

If they trade him like he wants, I bet they’ll try to send him to the worst team they can

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The team offered Leveon a $70 mil deal, which he and his posse turned down. I don't see how that's crapping on their stars.

they offered him $10m fully guaranteed, which was less than the franchise tag they lumped on him again. imagine a team tagging a rb twice. they're complete fuckwits and got what they deserved.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Antonio Brown in Kansas City?

A match made in butthole heaven.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
they offered him $10m fully guaranteed, which was less than the franchise tag they lumped on him again. imagine a team tagging a rb twice. they're complete fuckwits and got what they deserved.

I'd rather trust the team with the history and winning tradition for the past 5 decades than a butthurt RB that acts like he does. The Steelers couldn't care less if Leveon leaves.

BTW you are wrong. They offered him more than 30 mil in guaranteed. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-monstrous-70-million-deal-from-the-steelers/

The 10 mil was the signing bonus.

So no. Steelers franchise > Le'veon Bell.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Steelers couldn't care less if Leveon leaves.

so why did they tag him a second time? to spite him. so happy it blew up in their face.

BTW you are wrong. They offered him more than 30 mil in guaranteed

nah, i'm not wrong. only $10m was fully guaranteed. if he had a career ending injury in training camp he would only get $10m.

View: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1019324630425915394?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1019324630425915394&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sbnation.com%2Fnfl%2F2018%2F7%2F18%2F17585956%2Fleveon-bell-contract-steelers-offer-guaranteed-money-free-agency

Steelers franchise > Le'veon Bell.

what does that even mean? bell will make his money. the stealers couldn't even make the playoffs without him. they're good at stealing money from players but not so good at playing football without the player they're trying to screw over.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I'd rather trust the team with the history and winning tradition for the past 5 decades than a butthurt RB that acts like he does. The Steelers couldn't care less if Leveon leaves.

BTW you are wrong. They offered him more than 30 mil in guaranteed. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-monstrous-70-million-deal-from-the-steelers/

The 10 mil was the signing bonus.

So no. Steelers franchise > Le'veon Bell.

It was a little over 10m in full gauranteed money. The 33m is what he would have made in 1st 2 years, not his guaranteed money. Even at 33m guaranteed that would be less than Gurley and 3m more than david Johnson, 2 guys bell had out produced at the time

It’s been widely established it was a low ball offer, so I don’t get the point in trying to make it seem other wise. Steelers are known to not give huge gauranteed money and this was another case of it

Ram65

Legend
Lot's of blame going around. Steelers should have given Bell a better deal and they would be in the playoffs and this mess would not be happening. This could all blow over in the off season. Steelers window is closing fast.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Sounds like he's a perfect fit for the Patriots.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
AB signed two contracts. One for $42.5 mil, and a second for $68 mil.

James Conner is a traditional RB. He did just fine, and would've been a 1000 yard rusher if he didn't get a high ankle sprain. And he doesn't get arrested, suspended. Or act like an icehole when he didn't get the contract the team felt was fair. JuJu was just voted team MVP, despite fumbling away the ball. He held himself accountable.

If AB keeps this up, he'll end up just like Santonio Holmes and Mike Wallace.
Idk people keep throwing around that 70 mil deal like that’s what it really was lol. And we will see next year what James Connor can do to me he is a slightly better Rookie Zac Stacy. JuJu is a gonna be a good one but he definitely benefited from having AB drawing all the attention.

Angry Ram

so why did they tag him a second time? to spite him. so happy it blew up in their face.

No, they gave him what he's worth, for a RB that already had an MCL tear, and had previously gotten arrested and suspended.

nah, i'm not wrong. only $10m was fully guaranteed. if he had a career ending injury in training camp he would only get $10m.

I know. I said that.

what does that even mean? bell will make his money. the stealers couldn't even make the playoffs without him. they're good at stealing money from players but not so good at playing football without the player they're trying to screw over.

Why is that such a hard statement to comprehend? The Steelers will not put one player over the rest of the team.

You are probably right that he'll go to some other team, get his money, and heck, maybe that team goes to the playoffs. More than likely he'll go to a team on the level of the Redskins or Bucs, and just fade away.

The Steelers organization will continue to do their business, might be hard for a year or two, but they'll be consistently winning again.

It was a little over 10m in full gauranteed money. The 33m is what he would have made in 1st 2 years, not his guaranteed money. Even at 33m guaranteed that would be less than Gurley and 3m more than david Johnson, 2 guys bell had out produced at the time

It was what they called a "rolling" gaurenteed. Whatever that means, I don't really care. Point is that he got offered a substantial amount for a RB with baggage. Todd Gurley and David Johnson don't have that baggage.

It’s been widely established it was a low ball offer, so I don’t get the point in trying to make it seem other wise. Steelers are known to not give huge gauranteed money and this was another case of it

Exactly, the Steelers won't give that much and that's how they run their franchise. And I am not going to go against a franchise that runs like they do. Especially over one RB. Players will come and go.

Idk people keep throwing around that 70 mil deal like that’s what it really was lol. And we will see next year what James Connor can do to me he is a slightly better Rookie Zac Stacy. JuJu is a gonna be a good one but he definitely benefited from having AB drawing all the attention.

Are any contracts every really that? He got offered a deal, wanted more, and gave the finger to the team that put up with him. Steelers don't owe him shit now.

James Conner isn't as pure a talent as Leveon Bell, everyone knows that. He's still a really good RB. Besides, even if he does falter, the team will find a replacement in the draft.

He's way better than Zac Stacy, too. Not just slightly.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why is that such a hard statement to comprehend? The Steelers will not put one player over the rest of the team.

You are probably right that he'll go to some other team, get his money, and heck, maybe that team goes to the playoffs. More than likely he'll go to a team on the level of the Redskins or Bucs, and just fade away.

The Steelers organization will continue to do their business, might be hard for a year or two, but they'll be consistently winning again.

He told them he wouldn't play under the tag again.

He did right by them the first time, gave it his all on the presumption there would be an actual long term deal on the table or he wouldn't be tagged again. So what do they do, they tag him again and give him a contract with little fully guaranteed money. In other words they fucked him.

The stealers put their own interest in screwing over bell over the good of the team, which could have used the $14.5m to upgrade their awful secondary.

I hope they keep doing what they do. They won't sniff a superbowl again.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rumors starting to swirl that Brown would like to be a 49er.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
Rumors starting to swirl that Brown would like to be a 49er.

Lets see how much he enjoys taking those 5yd routes over the middle that Garropolo's arm is best suited to.

Angry Ram

He told them he wouldn't play under the tag again.

He did right by them the first time, gave it his all on the presumption there would be an actual long term deal on the table or he wouldn't be tagged again. So what do they do, they tag him again and give him a contract with little fully guaranteed money. In other words they freaked him.

The stealers put their own interest in screwing over bell over the good of the team, which could have used the $14.5m to upgrade their awful secondary.

I hope they keep doing what they do. They won't sniff a superbowl again.

So what? The Steelers did what they felt he was worth. A team should always put their own interest rather than bend over backwards for one RB.

And LOL at never sniffing another Super Bowl again. They won without him before, and they'll win without him again. They have run the show like this for 5 decades, and all of a sudden this is going to be their downfall? Please.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So what? The Steelers did what they felt he was worth. A team should always put their own interest rather than bend over backwards for one RB.

And LOL at never sniffing another Super Bowl again. They won without him before, and they'll win without him again. They have run the show like this for 5 decades, and all of a sudden this is going to be their downfall? Please.

which team tags a rb twice? offer what they think he's worth and if he doesn't like it let him go. just because they're allowed to tag him twice it doesn't mean they should actually do it.

they're just out and out fuckwits. i'm so happy the current rams are nothing like them.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I agree with most of this. This team reminds me of last year's Seattle team. A very good team, but egos got in the way and caused dissension. But, I blame Tomlin for it just like I blame Pete Carroll, for Sheattle. It's just like @wmc540 said. This often happens with players coaches. They lose control of the team and the team divides and Infighting begins. Maybe it's management's fault for lowballing Bell or not letting him walk. Maybe it's partly Bell and his agents fault too. But, it's Tomlin's job is to hold it all together. I wouldn't want him coaching the Rams, even if the Rams didn't have McVay.

Remember that after Rape allegations the Steelers offered him to the Rams for their number 1 pick in the draft, i.e.. Bradford. In hindsight, they should have taken the deal.

I don't think that's exactly correct.

The Steelers, iirc, offered Roethlisberger to the Rams for a THIRD round pick and the Rams said no because they had the 1st overall pick and they were excited about Sam Bradford.

Pretty sure that's how it went down. What's funny is that even at a 3rd round price, at the time NOBODY wanted him.

jjab360

Legend
I don't think that's exactly correct.

The Steelers, iirc, offered Roethlisberger to the Rams for a THIRD round pick and the Rams said no because they had the 1st overall pick and they were excited about Sam Bradford.

Pretty sure that's how it went down. What's funny is that even at a 3rd round price, at the time NOBODY wanted him.
There's no way they were shopping him for a 3rd straight up. Here's what I could find on google...
The Steelers had a brief conversation with the Rams, according to a league source, but they weren't interested in acquiring Roethlisberger. The Steelers wanted to send Roethlisberger to the Rams as part of a package to move up to No. 1 overall in this week's draft and select Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...roethlisberger-trade-with-raiders-rams-say-no

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I blame Ben Rapelisberger for the schism. HOF player, crappy person. Just look at how he trashed Mason Rudolph as a draft pick this year. That's not even counting his off-the-field crap.
I blame him too. Just today he finds it necessary to say how Bell was a distraction. Why go there? He constantly blames other. Like last year when he threw and INT in the one yard line against the Pats. He blamed the play calling. Yeah Ben, the coaches told you to throw the ball if the guy was open or not.