Antonio Brown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have visions of a 4 WR set that would never be stopped. Like literally never.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
James Conner is a traditional RB. He did just fine, and would've been a 1000 yard rusher if he didn't get a high ankle sprain.
Dude had nearly 1,500 combined yards and 13 TD in 13 games, he's legit.
Issue on that team is Roethlisberger, he's the common denominator. And what he got away with? Man....
Big Ben has always been about Big Ben. And I dont think he's changed over the years. Publicly calling out team mates? That's never a good look
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...n-ive-earned-the-right-to-criticize-teammates

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
Ugly in Pittsburgh

View: https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1079848041732034560?s=21

View: https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/status/1079858741569351680?s=21

I think we are looking at a guy on the short list for the best WR in the game and possibly ever.

It’s a full on meltdown.

It’s a ME teams. Tomlin allowed that to happen. Once Big Ben was talking shit about Mason Rudolph it was clear this team doesn’t care about the team.
QB teaching a young QB shouldn’t be any different than a carpenter taking on an apprentice so his customers have someone to rely when he’s done working.
They’ll rebuild fast, they’re NFL royalty and always will be.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't think that's exactly correct.

The Steelers, iirc, offered Roethlisberger to the Rams for a THIRD round pick and the Rams said no because they had the 1st overall pick and they were excited about Sam Bradford.

Pretty sure that's how it went down. What's funny is that even at a 3rd round price, at the time NOBODY wanted him.

I am pretty sure it was more than a third. The Steelers wanted Bradford. Local papers were all over it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports "multiple teammates" did not believe Antonio Brown was hurt in Week 17 and think Brown quit on the team.

Coach Mike Tomlin asked Brown to get an MRI on Friday last week, and the receiver declined and instead opted to just disappear from the team and never say a word to anyone until Sunday. Deemed inactive, Brown reportedly left the stadium at halftime. Kinkhabwala's reading the tea leaves and opines that Brown is "likely gone" via trade this offseason. A big deal has been made of the $21.12 million dead cap hit trading Brown before June 1 would create, but the real money savings is huge for the Steelers. Brown is due a $2.5 million roster bonus on the fifth day of the new league year in March. And Tomlin has already admitted there comes a point Brown is more of a problem for the team than he is useful. Brown turns 31 this summer and is signed through 2021.

Source: Aditi Kinkhabwala on Twitter
Jan 2 - 1:29 PM

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
which team tags a rb twice? offer what they think he's worth and if he doesn't like it let him go. just because they're allowed to tag him twice it doesn't mean they should actually do it.

Yes, that what smart teams do. Offer what he they feel is worth. They couldn't come to a deal.

they're just out and out fuckwits. i'm so happy the current rams are nothing like them.

No matter how many times you say that, it doesn't make it true. I'll take the history of how they run things over what you perceive them to be.

Dude had nearly 1,500 combined yards and 13 TD in 13 games, he's legit.
Issue on that team is Roethlisberger, he's the common denominator. And what he got away with? Man....
Big Ben has always been about Big Ben. And I dont think he's changed over the years. Publicly calling out team mates? That's never a good look
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...n-ive-earned-the-right-to-criticize-teammates

It's not Ben. He was a complete dumbass early on (remember the motorcycle thing?). I mean I follow that team over the years and you can tell how he's evolved (or devolved and then back again). He is 100% a different person than when he was a decade ago. Other players got a chance at redemption, no one bats an eye. And Ben gets that stigma forever? I think that's crap. I'm not telling you that you have to forgive him, I get that some people can never forget what he allegedly did, but based on what I see, he's not what he's made out to be. As a QB or as a person.

Problem is, with the team, is you have players like Le'Veon Bell and now unfortunately AB being more me-first than Ben or any other Steeler could be. Mike Tomlin does his best to put his foot down, but he is ultimately a players coach and will put up with it. It's an organizational issue that shouldn't be for a franchise that has never really been in this boat before.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Typical Steelers. They don't even make the playoffs and the biggest "story" of the week leading up to Wild Card weekend is their not-so-in-house drama.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Typical Steelers. They don't even make the playoffs and the biggest "story" of the week leading up to Wild Card weekend is their not-so-in-house drama.

Should blame AB for that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not Ben. He was a complete dumbass early on (remember the motorcycle thing?). I mean I follow that team over the years and you can tell how he's evolved (or devolved and then back again). He is 100% a different person than when he was a decade ago. Other players got a chance at redemption, no one bats an eye. And Ben gets that stigma forever? I think that's crap. I'm not telling you that you have to forgive him, I get that some people can never forget what he allegedly did, but based on what I see, he's not what he's made out to be. As a QB or as a person.

Problem is, with the team, is you have players like Le'Veon Bell and now unfortunately AB being more me-first than Ben or any other Steeler could be. Mike Tomlin does his best to put his foot down, but he is ultimately a players coach and will put up with it. It's an organizational issue that shouldn't be for a franchise that has never really been in this boat before.
What has Roethlisberger done that has cleaned up his image?
He publicly trashed his teammates on air. And then publicly stated he wasn’t apologetic.
He throws an INT to lose a game and goes on radio saying a rookie WR should have caught a pass. He’s a jerk

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Not sure what to think on this issue. But after seeing what happened to Bell now AB is unhappy there is more to this. Pittsburgh blew their season by not paying Bell imo how much was not making the playoff worth I am sure alot more than Bell's salary. Penny wise organization and they paid the price. As far as AB now he has sour taste on the organization. I am sure some of the Steelers not paying Bell spilled over to AB. Two superstars unhappy sure some is due to them, but some blame has to go to Tomlin, Big Ben and management.

Note to the Steelers your organization is NOT bigger than your superstars please learn this concept, vecabec now you have a real crisis on your hands. Connors is not Bell and so you a are super clear in your organization Brown is a Megastar he CAN'T be replaced. Imagine if this was Donald every poster on this site would be flying off the handle and freak on management. STOP believing your hype of being a great organization, vecaube A you missed the playoffs this year and with Bell most likely you wouldn't have. B now you have your best WR and one of the best of all times wanting to be allegedly traded.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Not sure what to think on this issue. But after seeing what happened to Bell now AB is unhappy there is more to this. Pittsburgh blew their season by not paying Bell imo how much was not making the playoff worth I am sure alot more than Bell's salary. Penny wise organization and they paid the price. As far as AB now he has sour taste on the organization. I am sure some of the Steelers not paying Bell spilled over to AB. Two superstars unhappy sure some is due to them, but some blame has to go to Tomlin, Big Ben and management.

Note to the Steelers your organization is NOT bigger than your superstars please learn this concept, now you have a real crisis on your hands. Connors is not Bell and so you are super clear in your organization Brown is a Megastar he CAN'T be replaced. Imagine if this was Donald every poster on this site would be flying off the handle and freak out on our management. STOP believing your hype of being a great organization, because: A - you missed the playoffs this year and with Bell most likely you wouldn't have. B - now you have your best WR, one of the best of all times wanting to be allegedly traded.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Steelers should trade or cut Big Ben. Sign Bell long term. Keep AB.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
There is so much in this thread I had to look twice.

Wow.

and all his fake injuries

What fake injuries are you talking about?

They are perfectly within their rights to do that. Many teams have tagged a player two times in order to keep their services, and/or try to work out a long term deal. Many, many times.

Name ONE player other than Bell who sat out over it.

I don't think there is one.

Tomlin should have been gone after last year.

He's a shining example of when a player's coach goes bad.

I agree, he's become ineffective.

Players and coaches both run out of steam. It';s been 12 years, which is a pretty remarkable run for a HC. He's just a fwe years shy of Cowher's run.

If Brown wasn't hurt, I have no respect for not playing this game.

He wasn't, he walked away from the team. It was a bad move and it's likely he did it to force a trade knowing he wouldn't be welcome back in the room.

Maybe it's management's fault for lowballing Bell or not letting him walk.

Maybe it's partly Bell and his agents fault too.

Both can be true IMO. They offered what they felt he was worth, he didn't think it was enough.

So instead of making 14MIL he pouted out..........errrrrr..........I meant sat out.

Therew was no way they were going to tag him a third time and pay close to 19MIL for him. He's one failed test from a yearlong suspemsion.........or at least 10 games.

And he has been injury prone.

A few years of tags, instead of a big payday while still in his prime.

If he had been tagged for 3 years, then been able to hit the market, he would yield more money because a 3rd tag is something nuts that no team would do unless it was one of the best players of the era. It's TOO prohibitive financially.

Look at the money OPace made from holdouts.

tough to tell if staying away from the team was the right move without knowing the full story, but it seems like he didnt just abandon his team and miss a critical game over an argument

Actually it seems like he did exactly that. It was terrible to walk away from a win and in game. I'm sure many of those players would have liked to see the playoff game check, plus I'm sure many have bonuses for a playoff appearance. And he can have finger pointed that he is the reason that money isn't getting deposited.

That causes problems with team mates.

Guilty as sin for raping that girl in a bathroom. Gave $ to another accuser to keep her quiet about rape. Had a 3rd and fourth rape accusation as well. The guy is a serial rapist, but his adoring-fan cops never made the charges stick.

He was guilty IMO too. I don't kbnow about other accusations.

However the one woman took a settlement but emails surfaced that she was trying to get pregnant and have a kid so she could collect money. And the dumbass sent them from her work email IIRC.

He didn't do anything right there. And I don't recall other accusations. But yeah that woman he raped in the bathroom should have landed him in jail.

Side note....lot of Ben hate. If other players that have done horrible things (Ray Lewis, Mike Vick) can get their life on track, so can Ben, which he has.

Neither Lewis or Vick did anything like raping a woman.

Lewis fled the scene of what ended up being a murder to help a friend who had stabbed someone. A lot of people think he was the person that did the stabbing. He was not. He broke the law but that's miles from raping a woman in a bathroom while laughing about it.

Vick fought and killed dogs. A horrible crime.

But it's not a violent rape.

Gotta think Green Bay will be interested. They're gonna be scratching around for answers after this season.

My concern is that he goes to an NFC contender, not just Green Bay.

How long will JuJu and James Connor wanna remain a steeler after they basically shitted on their two stars.

They contracted with Brown for ovewr 100MIL on two deals.

They offered Bell, who is a risk due to injury and suspension, what they were willing to give.

Hardly shitting on them.

If they trade him like he wants, I bet they’ll try to send him to the worst team they can

That's how Faulk ended up in a Rams uni, the Colts wanted to sent him to football career hell.

I'm happy about that.

so why did they tag him a second time? to spite him. so happy it blew up in their face.

It didn't, and it's their right to do a second tag.

It only blew up in Bell's face. He made no money rather than 14MIL wqhich would be more than any other RB this seasonI think, the Steelers had no cap ramifications and both parties walk away.

So which one came out worse off?

which team tags a rb twice? offer what they think he's worth and if he doesn't like it let him go. just because they're allowed to tag him twice it doesn't mean they should actually do it.

Again lot's of players get tagged twice. And the Steelers are letting him go, they tried to work out a deal but Bell didn't like it so they tagged him and he decided not to play.

I blame him too. Just today he finds it necessary to say how Bell was a distraction.

A lot of players on that team said Bell was a distraction, including the guys who blocked for him. Remember his locker got plundered of different gear and such. He moved into the "don't like" column with what he pulled.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is so much in this thread I had to look twice.

Wow.

What fake injuries are you talking about?

You must not watch much Steeler football . He's always leaving the game with what looks like a serious injury , then somehow miraculously comes back to finish it . It's happened several times
I also read it in the local paper how gutsy he was . I think everyone is finally on to his drama queen ways

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
There's no way they were shopping him for a 3rd straight up. Here's what I could find on google...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...roethlisberger-trade-with-raiders-rams-say-no

While it was part of their plan to go after Bradford, I remember quite clearly that the 3rd was part of the trade package and it was definitely a third rounder.

The Rooney's were so upset that there was a serious internal debate about cutting him.

That's a HUGE reason why he married his girlfriend at the time...to show that he was done with that behavior (whether he was or not, who knows?)

Pittsburgh was going to trade him for a 3rd or cut him and it wasn't until he and his agent really did damage control that they stood pat.

But yeah, it was definitely a third rounder and it spoke volumes to Ben and his team that NO ONE was interested.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I think him and his boy leveon end up on the colts next season..might be time for Steelers to set a new attitude.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It didn't, and it's their right to do a second tag.

It only blew up in Bell's face. He made no money rather than 14MIL wqhich would be more than any other RB this seasonI think, the Steelers had no cap ramifications and both parties walk away.

So which one came out worse off?

The stealers came out worse off by far. Bell will still make his money, only delayed for a year. Teams will be happy he doesn't have another year of 400 touches on his body. The stealers bungled their way out of the playoffs. Rapeburger kept throwing horrible interceptions and blaming everyone else for the losses. The stealers secondary kept getting torched, that $14.5m they wasted trying to screw bell would have come in real handy there.

Again lot's of players get tagged twice. And the Steelers are letting him go, they tried to work out a deal but Bell didn't like it so they tagged him and he decided not to play.

Which rbs have been tagged twice? Only a shit franchise like the stealers would fuck a player like that.

Marc Spector

Rookie
Brown is for sure a me first diva, but no way that Roethilsberger doesn't have a huge amount of culpability.

He has the demeanor that his success and long tenure means he is bigger than the team.

He's countless times shown his ass by throwing his teammates under the bus and instigating conflict.

My take is that Brown feels he's just as integral to Pittsburghs success and figures if Ben can throw his rank around, why can't I?

What he isn't getting is that 9 times outta 10, the 2 time SB winning QB with 15 years under his belt is going to have the hearts and minds of the FO, the media, and the team. It IS a double standard but its double standard that tends to keep teams competitive .

Finally Tomlin himself fostered this environment. He's always seemingly had a very hands off management style with the locker room and its come back to haunt him. I cant blame him for choosing sides with Ben but there had to have been a way to mitigate Ben, Bell and Browns temperament.

He and Colbert just need to clean house. Push for a trade for AB and fire most, if not all, the assistant coaches. There needs to be a culture change and rededication to getting the team back on track. Steelers are prolly my AFC team of choice (and the only AFC constant that rivals the Patriots, despite hardly beating the Patriots) so I like to see them do well.