Allen Robinson To Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The pick and SB in no way are connected. The pick is more about giving us roster flexibility because hitting on draft picks under cheap contracts helps us retain other players that are up for a new contract.

Exactly,but you still have to admire The Rams draft. Downtown Brown was doing his draft live podcast.I watched it after the draft to get his take on players.
I’m not much of a Draftnik,because The Rams never have first rd. Picks & Les Snead does so well.Plus this board sort of stinks without going to the draft part of it.I’m to Lazy.There are the usual suspects over there who I love & enjoy when draft week starts up.
-continue

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Well Dogtown HATED The Rams draft in 2021. He just about lost his mind,because he is so into his Drafting system.
I always liked his input & feedback.It kept me into The Rams future.It just now I go to training camp & see the Ram Players first hand. I enjoy the development & now with this added Covid Roster thing I LOVE IT!!!
IMO this is why The Rams Franchise is in such Great Shape. The bigger rosters help players development & why The Great College teams do so well year in & year out.
I believe in competition & enjoy how The Rams coaching staff really do things right.
A COPY CAT league.Watch Kevin O’Connell & Lefluer, Staley & that coach in Cinncy? They go through Mcvay’s Tree like he is using MIRACLE GROW on them.
Add Barry,OC w/Hags,Evero as a DC.
The list just keeps adding. Then Olsen & Cohen are back. I’m just a Rams Geek.
Continue-

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Have to add Downtown Brown or whatever? He has always been fun to learn players from the Draft.He knows The Rams roster well & is a (true?) Rams Fan. Not doubting,but those reporter type like that Nick Wagner over with what 8ers & sizers? Who knows what team they really like.There was another dude before him he followed as well.
—Just fun to look back & then later things change again. Brian Allen I never liked the Draft Pick & was never into with Austin Blythe being a starting guard. IMO both players were winners & Centers who could player guard if needed.

Can go on and on . But this is actually a Robinson post.

That brings up The Rams 2021 draft which turned out Pretty Awesome..Downtown has some kind of crow to eat I’m sure.

I just say I ate Crow on how bad I thought Tutu Atwell was that I said I would not doubt his ability as a NFL WR.

This kid is Very young & Small. Those 2 things don’t add up to a Good NFL player. That is the thing about Mentoring & Developing Players.This guy has Speed & a catch Radius that is amazing. I think if he can get Stronger & with time will be a Solid NFL player. Robinson is another player that will help his development.
I think Ram Fan will be surprised
& don’t sleep on Harris & Sko.

I also was extremely hard on B. Hopkins.I challenged his manhood & thought he wasn’t ready for the challenge. I don’t know exactly everything that was up with him as Ram. I did see at times his toughness.
I have a feeling there was something in house that went down last off season & Mcvay swept it totally under the rug. He made Hopkins earn his roster spot,but was not going to cut him or let him loose because of whatever that was. This is just my opinion & my post reflect a lot of it.

LMAO though. Just another crazy post,but I do give a little 411.I like his upside if he stays on track. J.Harris is another player.

Blanton flashed & if you go to a training camp you’ll noticed certain players skill set. Game day is just another thing.I think Ben Sko & Blanton had some priceless NFL Playoff experience. This are things you can’t teach. B. Hopkins sure stepped up & without him making those plays he did ? Mcvay’s off-season won’t be the same. Then again Sad about Ukraine.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Blanton was ahead of Hopkins on the depth chart. Neither is a good enough run blocker. I’d expect a Tight End to be taken in the draft.

We hear so much about BPA at a position of need. From a BPA aspect it looks like a clear miss at this point, at the very least a round or two early. When you see a guy that can fill a need and looked like BPA when the Rams picked, go on to excel, and the other flop, it’s obvious.

Nobody expects them to cut Tutu I’m sure they will give him more time, just like Hopkins. The first four years of a contract are too cost effective to give up on a player. If history repeats itself Snead and McVay will give Tutu a ridiculous contract first and then trade or cut him.

Put things into context. Seventh round Skowronek contributed more to the team than Atwell, or even Harris for that matter. Snead’s love of athletic freaks can sometimes blur his vision a bit on draft day. Terrell Lewis is another example.

Tutu - speed over size
Harris - athleticism over rawness
Lewis - athleticism over health
Hopkins - athleticism over hands

Maybe that’s what has to happen with picks after round three, but I recall the story of Snead being gleeful when Kupp ran slow enough to push him to round three. I’d rather he makes sure skills, work ethic and knowledge can translate to the league before falling in love with crazy athleticism.
I think there is a misunderstanding of Atwell's potential role in the offense on this board. Imo McVay isn't looking for Atwell to be an all purpose receiver or even necessarily a starter. He wants explosives and someone with top NFL speed to help create them by stretching the field or threatening to break a big gain in four wides and other schemed plays. It is a specific role in an aspect of the offense that McVay wants to emerge. (No, not a "gadget.")

If Atwell can show he has mastered the offensive playbook I expect to see him tried out in this role. It could also be Harris who however has the potential to be an all purpose receiver. We'll see if it works. If it does, it could be another important gear in the offense.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The pick and SB in no way are connected. The pick is more about giving us roster flexibility because hitting on draft picks under cheap contracts helps us retain other players that are up for a new contract.
Every move is relative. Thanks do you think everyone is ignorant? No DUH!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think there is a misunderstanding of Atwell's potential role in the offense on this board. Imo McVay isn't looking for Atwell to be an all purpose receiver or even necessarily a starter. He wants explosives and someone with top NFL speed to help create them by stretching the field or threatening to break a big gain in four wides and other schemed plays. It is a specific role in an aspect of the offense that McVay wants to emerge. (No, not a "gadget.")

If Atwell can show he has mastered the offensive playbook I expect to see him tried out in this role. It could also be Harris who however has the potential to be an all purpose receiver. We'll see if it works. If it does, it could be another important gear in the offense.
I know McVay wanted a deep threat. He looked at every speed receiver in the draft. He signed DeSean Jackson for that limited role. Thing is it doesn’t take much of a bump to slow down a 150-160 lb receiver, or to knock him off his route and screw up timing. With Harris speed he has a better chance of succeeding in that role imo. If you have a guy specifically dedicated to run deep it is a tell whenever he’s on the field. McVay would be foolish yo send Atwell over the middle.

Skowronek was being used more in Woods role but doesn’t have the acceleration for tunnel screens, etc..,

The most off putting part of what we saw from Atwell last year was how timid he seemed on punt returns. It implied fear of injury. I know he didn’t return punts in college but he’s not the first player to be asked to do something outside of their comfort zone.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Every move is relative. Thanks do you think everyone is ignorant? No DUH!
Um ok, not calling anyone ignorant but up to you to interpret something by assuming. I'm simply explaining my thoughts so if you feel that way, that's on you lol.....and since you bring it up, unless I specifically tell anyone that they are dumb, ignorant or some other crazy shit, I actually will tell you that so you don't have to guess what I mean. However to be honest with you, I wouldn't do that to someone on here because I'm here to discuss things respectfully even if I don't agree with you or think your opinion is wrong. Oh yeah I think I was supposed to add this part somewhere but since I'm lazy, I'll just slap it on at the end.......No DUH!!! Lmao

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Really?

This post shows emphatically you are NOT rooting for Atwell.

Yeah saying he has nothing to add to the team is a bit harsh but the context is more about the players on the roster and the expectation of an obj return. He has 5 or 6 options ahead of him and any hope for return duty has been relegated to backup status. Even kupp is a better jet sweep option.

Despite this current reality, I hope he proves me wrong, and I'll be the first to admit that if he ends the year higher than the 6th best receiving option on the team.

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
The Robinson signing still presents a dilemma.

We already had Ashwan Robinson - ARob - who beasted out in the the playoffs. Now we have Allen Robinson - ARob - who is likely going to beast out with Stafford at his QB after playing with has beens and never-was beens for pretty much his entire career.

So Rams fans ... who is the real ARob now?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

We already had Ashwan Robinson - ARob - who beasted out in the the playoffs. Now we have Allen Robinson - ARob - who is likely going to beast out with Stafford at his QB after playing with has beens and never-was beens for pretty much his entire career.

Anthony Robertson, OG accountant from Sioux Falls, SD. Everyone else are just pretenders to the crown...

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg

How about big arob and bigger arob

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
WR depth chart

Kupp
Robinson
OBJ(?)
Jefferson
Sko
Tutu
iu

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I still imagine Harris in the Jordan Reed role.