Allen Robinson To Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What the fuck? If you dont like people disagreeing with your opinion, then dont post it
You want a coach who talks shit about players to the media? Not me
I made the point he's very careful about discussing the players in the press. You seize on a turn of phrase to take the conversation in a completely different direction. Now I want a coach who talks shit to the players in the media? Get the fuck out of here with that shit. You know me better than that dude.

Once again. He generally is not a guy who calls out players in the media. Now @PhillyRam mentioned Hendy, I don't recall that. Either way, there is no need to take this conversation off into a bullshit direction. Not unless you're looking for another one of your 20 fucking post back and forths.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I made the point he's very careful about discussing the players in the press. You seize on a turn of phrase to take the conversation in a completely different direction. Now I want a coach who talks shit to the players in the media? Get the fuck out of here with that shit. You know me better than that dude.

Once again. He generally is not a guy who calls out players in the media. Now @PhillyRam mentioned Hendy, I don't recall that.
Take a chill pill man, why you so twisted???
Calling out players in the press is the same thing as talking shit about players. And when you say, "to a fault", you're saying its detrimental to the team. I totally disagree. The team is in fine hands and frankly, I dont want a coach or a playing telling the media anything negative, leave that stuff in house. I dont recall him calling out Henderson, the closest I can recall is between he and Goff, and yet he still constantly took the blame.
You're creating a pissing contest here, not me.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well you can have Atwell and I’ll take Humphrey. See where we end up at the end of their careers. Snead has proven in the past that he is as fallible as any other GM. I credit McVay with most of their success. Plus trading for proven talent is a given.

If Atwell had performed admirably and showed glimpses of being a good edition then I’d say the complaining is unfounded. But Allen isn’t that great and Atwell was worse. One could argue that Humphrey is worth Allen, TuTu and a few other players on the Rams.

Fans will complain. Especially when it’s an obvious gaffe like Isiah Pead and Rok Watkins instead of Bobby Wagner. Fans still complain about London Fletcher being let go. Or how Kurt was treated. I don’t think you’ll ever stop it.

If the Rams let Kurt go and then won the Super Bowl, there wouldn't have been complaining - that's where this gets ridiculous.

It's not just Atwell over Humphrey - it's Atwell and Allen over Humphrey.

And of course, there's more to playing center than just being able to block someone.

I would not trade Allen for Humphrey straight up right now.

They're fallible for sure - but it makes little sense to declare a winner when comparing two draft picks after just one season. Atwell could easily end up with a better career than Humphrey. The Rams OL was better than the Chiefs OL last year, and Allen was a big reason for that.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Once again. He generally is not a guy who calls out players in the media. Now @PhillyRam mentioned Hendy, I don't recall that. Either way, there is no need to take this conversation off into a bullshit direction. Not unless you're looking for another one of your 20 fucking post back and forths.

I held off for over a year....but finally had to go the "ignore" route.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Well you can have Atwell and I’ll take Humphrey. See where we end up at the end of their careers. Snead has proven in the past that he is as fallible as any other GM. I credit McVay with most of their success.

Fans will complain. Especially when it’s an obvious gaffe like Isiah Pead and Rok Watkins instead of Bobby Wagner. Fans still complain about London Fletcher being let go. Or how Kurt was treated. I don’t think you’ll ever stop it.
See that's the thing. It's not a matchup of Humphrey vs Tutu because that is based totally on fans getting it wrong about a need.

And as far as complaining, you Humphrey guys complained ALL YEAR, then the Rams won the Superbowl and now you're doubling down? Stubborn bunch, eh?

Instead of saying, "yeah, I guess we didn't need Humphrey after all" it's "you take Tutu and Allen, I'll take Humphrey and we'll see where we end up at the end of their careers".

Well so far, you're down 1-0!!. Sounds to me like you're now rooting for the Chiefs!!! Or for Humphrey. Either way, that's bassackwards Ram fandom, wouldn't you say?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
See that's the thing. It's not a matchup of Humphrey vs Tutu because that is based totally on fans getting it wrong about a need.

And as far as complaining, you Humphrey guys complained ALL YEAR, then the Rams won the Suoerbowl and now you're doubling down? Stubborn bunch, eh?

Instead of saying, "yeah, I guess we didn't need Humphrey after all" it's "you take Tutu and Allen, I'll take Humphrey and we'll see where we end up at the end of their careers".

Well so far, it's 1-0 me. Sounds to me like you're rooting for the Chiefs!!! Or for Humphrey. Either way, that's bassackwards Ram fandom.
I'm someone who thinks that Tutu could end up contributing this season and in the future.. I'm not sold that he's a bust yet, but we'll see.

That being said, when it comes to roster building, there's no argument that Creed was the better pick. None.
Your worst case scenario with him was that you had a beast backup center who would step in and start this year and leave you with a decent cap savings for the next 3 seasons.

The biggest argument that getting Tutu was a good thing is that him getting injured lead them to Brandon Powell.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well so far, it's 1-0 me. Sounds to me like you're rooting for the Chiefs!!! Or for Humphrey. Either way, that's bassackwards Ram fandom.
It's just one of those things that some like to be right about also Tutu has not done himself any favors with his first year accomplishments or lack their of and of course the fact he's the size of most Junior High students does not endure him to Ram fans.

That being posted, I do believe that most Ram fans don't realize that Justin Lovett is the new strength & conditioning coach and was behind the rebirth of Brian Allen along with the improvements of strength & conditioning across the board in 2021. Hopefully Atwell will be able to add some strength, which could transcend into additional confidence in his 2nd year with the Los Angeles Rams.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

And as far as complaining, you Humphrey guys complained ALL YEAR, then the Rams won the Superbowl and now you're doubling down? Stubborn bunch, eh?

Well so far, you're down 1-0!!. Sounds to me like you're now rooting for the Chiefs!!! Or for Humphrey. Either way, that's bassackwards Ram fandom, wouldn't you say?
Lol so Allen won the Super Bowl for the Rams? I didn’t know that. Trent Dilfer won one, does that make him better than Marino?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
No. Harris clearly was NOT meant as a TE and McVay cleared that up prior to Harris’ injury. If anything, Skow would be the one to move as he’s less explosive, slower and bigger by at least 20lbs
Harris and Skow are basically the same weight.. but Harris is a little more than 2 inches taller and faster. Skow isn't slow, either.. he's probably in the high 4.5s.

Neither is going to be a TE.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
What the fuck? If you dont like people disagreeing with your opinion, then dont post it
You want a coach who talks shit about players to the media? Not me
I want a coach that talks shit about players but only for the 49ers if they really suck because it'll add a level of entertainment and long overdue satisfaction to whooping their ass everytime

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
No. It is second guessing. They didn't believe they needed a center and YOU and other fans believed they did. It's irrelevant who they chose instead. You would have complained if they took a CB or RB. Because Humphrey was "the obvious pick". Before the Rams made their selection I didn't hear anybody say, "don't pick Tutu here". It was "Humphrey is the choice here".

Here's a thought.....look up Humphrey's cap hit for 2022 and look up Brian Allen's. Humphrey's cap hit is 1.264 mil, Allen's is 1.8 mil. OMG!!!! Rams are defending SB champs with Brian Allen at center. Chiefs are Division Champs with Humphrey at center. Let me know when the Chiefs win the SB because they have Creed Humphrey at center.

Face it. These guys are actually smarter than you.
Yes but using the 1st year of his CAP hit makes it sound comparable but Allen's cap hit goes way up next year. All of this has to be factored into signing FAs. That 2nd Rd slip up, if Tutu doesn't work out which I do believe even though I'd rather it does, costs us valuable FA money. At least we won the SB tho lol.......just laughing cuz I'm happy and grateful we did by the way

Last edited:

Ram65

Legend
Harris and Skow are basically the same weight.. but Harris is a little more than 2 inches taller and faster. Skow isn't slow, either.. he's probably in the high 4.5s.

Neither is going to be a TE.

While he was blessed with the size of outbound wide receiver Josh Reynolds, he doesn’t come close to Reynolds’ speed. Skowronek ran a 4.68 -second 40-yard dash. But don’t discount Skowronek’s abilities just yet.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped

While he was blessed with the size of outbound wide receiver Josh Reynolds, he doesn’t come close to Reynolds’ speed. Skowronek ran a 4.68 -second 40-yard dash. But don’t discount Skowronek’s abilities just yet.
Other than that article, I've seen no references for a 40 time for Skow. He wasn't at the combine and couldn't run at his pro day .

I think this article exaggerates his speed..

But I think he's faster than 4.69.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame

Agreed

I wanted Creed. If not him, then either Green or Meinerz. I was horrified at the TuTu pick.

But it’s a year later. The Rams are a fantastic organization and we’re in great hands. We are in a golden age right now. I wish some would Try enjoying things and life. Let a draft pick go.

The thing too is that there is no guarantee the Ram would have taken creed off not tutu. So I’m not sure why this tutu vs creed talk continues. We could have taken some other bust WR or a bust LB, CB, RB, etc etc. So the talk a year later about creed is dumb and pointless.

It’s funny how fans have such a short memory about guys they want that busted or sucked….but a loooong memory about bad GM/team decisions.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
dustman GIF

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Lol so Allen won the Super Bowl for the Rams? I didn’t know that. Trent Dilfer won one, does that make him better than Marino?
Lol. Thanks for making my point. Allen didn't win the SB. Stafford, Kupp, Donald and the defense did. Humphrey would have gotten the same credit Brian Allen did. Minimal. But you guys carry on with how we missed out on bettering our future.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Yes but using the 1st year of his CAP hit makes it sound comparable but Allen's cap hit goes way up next year. All of this has to be factored into signing FAs. That 2nd Rd slip up, if Tutu doesn't work out which I do believe even though I'd rather it does, costs us valuable FA money. At least we won the SB tho lol.......just laughing cuz I'm happy and grateful we did by the way
Sure Allen will cost much more than Creed in 2023 and 2024. And then Creed will cost much more than Allen in 2025 and 2026. Hey, for all those Creed is the shit.guys, maybe the Rams will sign him when he's a free agent in 2025 or 2026!!