Allen Robinson To Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Lol. Thanks for making my point. Allen didn't win the SB. Stafford, Kupp, Donald and the defense did. Humphrey would have gotten the same credit Brian Allen did. Minimal. But you guys carry on with how we missed out on bettering our future.
No. That wasn’t your point. You replied Allen and Tutu vs Humphries, you win because it’s Allen 1 Humphries 0, implying that having been part of a Super Bowl winning team somehow makes him better.

You did the same when claiming that the Rams had a better Oline than the Chiefs. That had more to do with the Rams tackles than it did with Allen.

Either way, fans will complain. Even fans of winning teams. Everyone wants their team to have the best possible assemblage of players to give them a better chance of winning.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
It's just one of those things that some like to be right about also Tutu has not done himself any favors with his first year accomplishments or lack their of and of course the fact he's the size of most Junior High students does not endure him to Ram fans.

That being posted, I do believe that most Ram fans don't realize that Justin Lovett is the new strength & conditioning coach and was behind the rebirth of Brian Allen along with the improvements of strength & conditioning across the board in 2021. Hopefully Atwell will be able to add some strength, which could transcend into additional confidence in his 2nd year with the Los Angeles Rams.

I won't speak for anyone else but I always root for rams players even if I don't agree with the pick, however, I can root for a player while acknowledging what the reality of their situation is .

Once obj hits the field, he, kupp, arob van Akers and higbee will all be ahead of him for targets. That's means he's going to have to be spectacular whenever he gets his chances. And he will get hit, alot, by safeties with 50 lbs on him and bigger bones.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

While he was blessed with the size of outbound wide receiver Josh Reynolds, he doesn’t come close to Reynolds’ speed. Skowronek ran a 4.68 -second 40-yard dash. But don’t discount Skowronek’s abilities just yet.
Yeah he's off to a good start. And I think I would take Skow over Reynolds straight up. Reynolds has more talent but it rarely translates to the field. Skow kicked some serious ass on both teams and blocking in this offense. He looks really good in that fullback role.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agreed

I wanted Creed. If not him, then either Green or Meinerz. I was horrified at the TuTu pick.

But it’s a year later. The Rams are a fantastic organization and we’re in great hands. We are in a golden age right now. I wish some would Try enjoying things and life. Let a draft pick go.

The thing too is that there is no guarantee the Ram would have taken creed off not tutu. So I’m not sure why this tutu vs creed talk continues. We could have taken some other bust WR or a bust LB, CB, RB, etc etc. So the talk a year later about creed is dumb and pointless.

It’s funny how fans have such a short memory about guys they want that busted or sucked….but a loooong memory about bad GM/team decisions.
I agree….The pick didn’t stop the Rams from winning the Super Bowl. So it sucks they picked a likely dud. I’d take that with the Lombardi every day all day.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
dustman GIF
I feel like this every time I forget my fantasy draft and it auto picks for me!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

While he was blessed with the size of outbound wide receiver Josh Reynolds, he doesn’t come close to Reynolds’ speed. Skowronek ran a 4.68 -second 40-yard dash. But don’t discount Skowronek’s abilities just yet.
Agree

Early here, but the young 6-3 225 lbs 4.68 forty rookie could be the replacement for the 2020/2021 6-4/233 lbs TE Johnny Mundt. Very good chance the 2022 version of Ben Skowronek will be bigger/ stronger/ improved @ catching & blocking. Mundt only ran a 4.74 forty.

Still just do not see any drafted prospective FB addition to this 2022 McVay/Coen offense.

Last edited:

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
It's just one of those things that some like to be right about also Tutu has not done himself any favors with his first year accomplishments or lack their of and of course the fact he's the size of most Junior High students does not endure him to Ram fans.

That being posted, I do believe that most Ram fans don't realize that Justin Lovett is the new strength & conditioning coach and was behind the rebirth of Brian Allen along with the improvements of strength & conditioning across the board in 2021. Hopefully Atwell will be able to add some strength, which could transcend into additional confidence in his 2nd year with the Los Angeles Rams.

I won't speak for anyone else but I always root for rams players even if I don't agree with the pick, however, I can root for a player while acknowledging what the reality of their situation is .

Once obj hits the field, he, kupp, arob van Akers and higbee will all be ahead of him for targets. That's means he's going to have to be spectacular whenever he gets his chances. And he will get hit, alot, by safeties with 50 lbs on him and bigger bones
If the Rams let Kurt go and then won the Super Bowl, there wouldn't have been complaining - that's where this gets ridiculous.

It's not just Atwell over Humphrey - it's Atwell and Allen over Humphrey.

And of course, there's more to playing center than just being able to block someone.

I would not trade Allen for Humphrey straight up right now.

They're fallible for sure - but it makes little sense to declare a winner when comparing two draft picks after just one season. Atwell could easily end up with a better career than Humphrey. The Rams OL was better than the Chiefs OL last year, and Allen was a big reason for that.

To be fair it's like Allen and tutu or Humphrey and someone like Jerry Hughes who we could sign for the year with Allen's 6.6 mil signing bonus. Hughes is 33, I think, but has been a top 10 edge over the last 3 years with an 88 rating.

Ram65

Legend
Other than that article, I've seen no references for a 40 time for Skow. He wasn't at the combine and couldn't run at his pro day .

I think this article exaggerates his speed..

But I think he's faster than 4.69.

‘He Can Run’​

Northwestern, like plenty of college programs, uses wearable GPS devices in practices to track player movement, speed and innumerable other minutiae. One day after a summer workout a few years back, the Wildcats’ coaches combed through the data and found something unexpected.

Skowronek registered the fastest sprint speed of anyone on the roster. The hulking player from a program not known for having speed and from a passing offense not rich in explosion is capable of both.

“You wouldn’t have guessed the guy who’s 6-3 and 220 has top-end speed,” said Chris Bowers, Northwestern’s director of player personnel from 2011-18 who first met Skowronek as a recruit. “He literally registered as the fastest player on the team.

“He ran 23.6 miles per hour, or whatever it was. The system registered him the highest at any point in the summer.”

The speed is on film, too, and showed up on the most important catch of his Northwestern career. Trailing 10-7 in the fourth quarter of a November 2018 game at Iowa, Wildcats quarterback Clayton Thorson unloaded a downfield throw to Skowronek, who was one-on-one with eventual NFL third-round pick Michael Ojemudia. A prayer, it seemed, with low catch probability.

“It was one of those balls where it’s in the air, and I’m like, ‘There’s no way he catches that.’ It was slightly overthrown, and I didn’t know if he had the speed to catch up,” Gaziano said.

The result was a 39-yard touchdown that gave Northwestern the lead for good and clinched the Big Ten West division. Around the 10-yard line, Skowronek found an extra gear, got away from Ojemudia and made the catch mid-dive.

Thanks, I was just looking for a time because I didn't think he was in the high 4.5s. I think the 23.6 clock speed was way off. Gurley's top in-game speed in 2017 was 21.23. Too bad he didn't get to run the 40. That's interesting on Benny Skow's top-end speed. Would be nice to see his split times. It may take him time to get up to top speed.

He is a good blocker and ST player. I'm a fan and hope he works on those drops. The fact that he played in his rookie year showed he learned McVay's system quickly. He should be better in year 2.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Agree

Early here, but the young 6-3 225 lbs 4.68 forty rookie could be the replacement for the 2020/2021 6-4/233 lbs TE Johnny Mundt. Very good chance the 2022 version of Skowronek will be bigger/ stronger/ improved @ catching & blocking. Mundt only ran a 4.74 forty.
But can he catch @BonifayRam can Ben Skowronek actually catch the football? Over the years, when I've read glowing reports about certain WR's, my first question was always, can they catch? Seems like it should be the number one attribute of any receiver, but does not always seem to be.

I hope Big Ben comes back bigger & stronger, but I want sharper route running plus the ability to catch the football, when he's not facing the Quarterback. In the Super Bowl, not only did he run the wrong route and cut it short, but then he put his hand on the ball to pop it up and make it easier for an interception. Mundt could catch the football and was a discipline route runner, Ben Skowronek needs to improve in those areas to see the field more for my liking come 2022-2023.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Sure Allen will cost much more than Creed in 2023 and 2024. And then Creed will cost much more than Allen in 2025 and 2026. Hey, for all those Creed is the shit.guys, maybe the Rams will sign him when he's a free agent in 2025 or 2026!!
Haha I like the way you think on that one tho

Ram65

Legend
Does anyone think the Rams were satisfied and contend with Brian Allen at OC going into the 2021 season and didn't even have Humphrey on their draft board?

If that's the case then picking him is a mute point.

Now, picking Atwell instead of someone else is a question mark although it's still too early to give up on him.

Tano

Legend
Agreed

I wanted Creed. If not him, then either Green or Meinerz. I was horrified at the TuTu pick.

But it’s a year later. The Rams are a fantastic organization and we’re in great hands. We are in a golden age right now. I wish some would Try enjoying things and life. Let a draft pick go.

The thing too is that there is no guarantee the Ram would have taken creed off not tutu. So I’m not sure why this tutu vs creed talk continues. We could have taken some other bust WR or a bust LB, CB, RB, etc etc. So the talk a year later about creed is dumb and pointless.

It’s funny how fans have such a short memory about guys they want that busted or sucked….but a loooong memory about bad GM/team decisions.
I was also horrified at the Tutu pick. At 150 lbs, I am greatly worried that we will see him get hit so hard that he flies 20 feet (okay exaggeration but you get the point) and becomes completely paralyzed from the neck down.

I would have been happy with any other player with 2nd to 3rd round specs but I also really wanted Creed at that spot.

I knew center was an absolute need at that time and Creed seemed to not only be a possible BPA but a high position of need as well.

I would only have been happy with Tutu as an undrafted free agent and even then I would be concerned he is going to get killed out there. He is just too fricken small with twigs for legs.

Ever see the towel boy in Waterboy. Tutu could have played that role.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sure Allen will cost much more than Creed in 2023 and 2024. And then Creed will cost much more than Allen in 2025 and 2026. Hey, for all those Creed is the shit.guys, maybe the Rams will sign him when he's a free agent in 2025 or 2026!!

Well it is what it is,but The Rams also resigned Coleman Shelton who they felt comfortable with as the backup center.
Who knows where The Rams thought J.Harris & Ben Sko we’re on there radar in the draft.They both did make the roster.They put more pressure on Tutu Atwell though.

Ram65

Legend
Really?
he's not going to make it in this league, especially on the team that has the best staring duo plus at least 2 better and bigger receivers. why is it hard to call this a busted draft pick at this point. He has nothing to add to this team. Move the fuck on.

This post shows emphatically you are NOT rooting for Atwell.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
If the Rams let Kurt go and then won the Super Bowl, there wouldn't have been complaining - that's where this gets ridiculous.

It's not just Atwell over Humphrey - it's Atwell and Allen over Humphrey.

And of course, there's more to playing center than just being able to block someone.

I would not trade Allen for Humphrey straight up right now.

They're fallible for sure - but it makes little sense to declare a winner when comparing two draft picks after just one season. Atwell could easily end up with a better career than Humphrey. The Rams OL was better than the Chiefs OL last year, and Allen was a big reason for that.
I would definitely trade Humphrey for Allen straight up as that would be highway robbery. A better younger player with less of an injury history. Sign me up! Also I want whatever you are drinking now lol

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
See that's the thing. It's not a matchup of Humphrey vs Tutu because that is based totally on fans getting it wrong about a need.

And as far as complaining, you Humphrey guys complained ALL YEAR, then the Rams won the Superbowl and now you're doubling down? Stubborn bunch, eh?

Instead of saying, "yeah, I guess we didn't need Humphrey after all" it's "you take Tutu and Allen, I'll take Humphrey and we'll see where we end up at the end of their careers".

Well so far, you're down 1-0!!. Sounds to me like you're now rooting for the Chiefs!!! Or for Humphrey. Either way, that's bassackwards Ram fandom, wouldn't you say?
I would say I'm not rooting for Humphrey but also seeing that we missed the boat on getting a player of need that is better than Allen for the long run and having more CAP space to have signed players we lost as well. Unfortunately, nothing can be done and I'm happy we won the SB. Other than that, nothing is going to change who we have so it's simply us looking at things in hindsight. I'm still going to always root my ass off for the Rams regardless of me liking or not liking moves they make. In fact, if we play the Chiefs, I hope Donald beats Humphrey like a red headed step child lol

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Does anyone think the Rams were satisfied and contend with Brian Allen at OC going into the 2021 season and didn't even have Humphrey on their draft board?

If that's the case then picking him is a mute point.

Now, picking Atwell instead of someone else is a question mark although it's still too early to give up on him.

Well as I just posted & read yours.

I’ll answer the question as The Rams we’re out of there FREAKING minds passing on Humphries if you really think about it!!

I say that because The Rams we’re thinking of using Austin Corbett at Center.Who knows how they really were thinking. If it was just to cross train Austin Corbett & add to the depth during the season to have less game day O’Lineman that is another story & down with that.
My mindset was uncertainty upfront because Noteboom,Allen,Corbett,Whitworth,& Shelton we’re all FA’s.Who knows if there is another Humphries.
The Rams have Max & Jackson going into OTA’s. Brewer & Evans add depth as well.It is far to have that opinion.I did.

IMO though Tutu Atwell is surprising in how smooth he is as a pass catcher & route runner.As a rookie I saw flashes of him being better than DJ1 & Tavon Austin.That was another reason I was surprised because of DJ1 signing.
Who knows,but my answer was going to be short & sweet.Flashback

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I agree….The pick didn’t stop the Rams from winning the Super Bowl. So it sucks they picked a likely dud. I’d take that with the Lombardi every day all day.
The pick and SB in no way are connected. The pick is more about giving us roster flexibility because hitting on draft picks under cheap contracts helps us retain other players that are up for a new contract.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
Really?

This post shows emphatically you are NOT rooting for Atwell.
It is tough to read his posts... he is so negative.

Clearly the Rams scouting department saw something in Tutu and it is way too early to call him a bust.

If you remember Tavon Austin briefly in McVays offense drew a good bit of the defenses attention. Even if he didn’t produce a ton he still added a different wrinkle. I expect McVay wanted Tutu to add that wrinkle back and wanted to take a 2nd chance at a landing a better speed threat than Tavon.

It may or may not work out with Tutu but it’s too early to draw that conclusion when he only played for a few months.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I would say I'm not rooting for Humphrey but also seeing that we missed the boat on getting a player of need that is better than Allen for the long run and having more CAP space to have signed players we lost as well. Unfortunately, nothing can be done and I'm happy we won the SB. Other than that, nothing is going to change who we have so it's simply us looking at things in hindsight. I'm still going to always root my ass off for the Rams regardless of me liking or not liking moves they make. In fact, if we play the Chiefs, I hope Donald beats Humphrey like a red headed step child lol

Yeah - I will say the cost of AD99 & his production will cost The Rams in the long run.The thing about AD99 is he works harder than any player in The NFL. That is what makes him great.I get the feeling though is he is not long for the game & will play at The Highest Level he can. Once that bridge of Father Time is in front of him he will retire & walk away from the game. IMO
Just glad he has taken a little time off to enjoy The Rams SuperBowl victory & Life.He deserves it.
—Well I think The Brown Brothers & T. Lewis all have some upside if your talking about young players developing.
Humphries would have made Les Snead look like a FULL on Genus as a GM. The Rams do draft well & Brian Allen is an example of how well Mcvay & Snead develop players.