Allen Robinson To Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Forgot Harris too.
Sorry.
download (7).jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm not particularly high on either Jefferson or Tutu but having Stafford back there, adding AR and seeing what i saw in that 2nd half vs the Bengals just has me not giving a shit too much about all of the young receivers sitting in the front row in training camp class.

The Rams keep throwing darts at the WR position in the draft and i expect that'll continue with McV. The Rams like to dump a lot of resources there and the position has been a strong unit for five years. The misses are bound to happen.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What would be funny is if BPA late round 3 is WR. Lot of folks gonna go apeshit if they draft another wideout. :laugh4:

It's possible too. This wideout class is something.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Does anyone think the Rams were satisfied and contend with Brian Allen at OC going into the 2021 season and didn't even have Humphrey on their draft board?

If that's the case then picking him is a mute point.

Now, picking Atwell instead of someone else is a question mark although it's still too early to give up on him.

I did. It was pretty obvious when they didn't make any moves and kept him before the draft. They weren't gonna double down on a low value position that high.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
No. That wasn’t your point. You replied Allen and Tutu vs Humphries, you win because it’s Allen 1 Humphries 0, implying that having been part of a Super Bowl winning team somehow makes him better.

You did the same when claiming that the Rams had a better Oline than the Chiefs. That had more to do with the Rams tackles than it did with Allen.

Either way, fans will complain. Even fans of winning teams. Everyone wants their team to have the best possible assemblage of players to give them a better chance of winning.
Lol. YOU said, "I'll take Humphrey, you take Tutu and Allen". I never said the Rams O line was better than KC's. You're putting words in my mouth at best, strawmanning at worst. If you read my posts in this thread, you'd see where I said, the NFL is changing. It's not about the big uglies anymore. It's about QB play and weapons. You need look no further than the Superbowl. The Rams OL was good at pass pro, not so much running the ball. Cincy's OL completely sucked. But Stafford & Co and Burrow & Co. made it there. Why? Great QB play. Terrific WRs and timely defense.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
What would be funny is if BPA late round 3 is WR. Lot of folks gonna go apeshit if they draft another wideout. :laugh4:

It's possible too. This wideout class is something.
I was just wondering who will be available there. The Rams don’t pick for need, right???

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The Robinson signing still presents a dilemma.

We already had Ashwan Robinson - ARob - who beasted out in the the playoffs. Now we have Allen Robinson - ARob - who is likely going to beast out with Stafford at his QB after playing with has beens and never-was beens for pretty much his entire career.

So Rams fans ... who is the real ARob now?
Lmao......hmmm let's see.....ARob and A-ARob......AR-1 and AR-94......A'Shawn and ARob.....XL ARob and XXXL ARob.....just a few to contribute to your current quandary.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Lmao......hmmm let's see.....ARob and A-ARob......AR-1 and AR-94......A'Shawn and ARob.....XL ARob and XXXL ARob.....just a few to contribute to your current quandary.

Actually, I like what's in bold. Makes them both sound like different types of assault weapons ... which they sort of are.

Ram65

Legend
Looks really big and strong.

Interesting read above. Did his homework with lots of Ram connections.

This signing just seems better and better!!!!

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The Robinson contract details are posted on Spotrac. Assuming accurate, it's very cap-friendly for 2022.

With two voidable years, the $14M bonus payment can be allocated for cap purposes at $2.8M in 2022.
Add to that a low-salary of $1.5M, and Robinson only counts $4.3M against the Rams' salary cap.

Very similar to the Noteboom deal ($3.5M cap hit in 2022). Cap hits increase significantly in 2023 for both ... Robinson to $18M; and Noteboom to $15.5M.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
The Robinson contract details are posted on Spotrac. Assuming accurate, it's very cap-friendly for 2022.

With two voidable years, the $14M bonus payment can be allocated for cap purposes at $2.8M in 2022.
Add to that a low-salary of $1.5M, and Robinson only counts $4.3M against the Rams' salary cap.

Very similar to the Noteboom deal ($3.5M cap hit in 2022). Cap hits increase significantly in 2023 for both ... Robinson to $18M; and Noteboom to $15.5M.
Seems like a real solid number. Next few years the cap is going to blow up so that's no problem.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was just wondering who will be available there. The Rams don’t pick for need, right???
Looking at some mocks a couple guys projected to round 4 range might be Christian Watson or Justyn Ross. Both big target types.

I don't think the Rams should do that or anything but it would be funny.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Looking at some mocks a couple guys projected to round 4 range might be Christian Watson or Justyn Ross. Both big target types.

I don't think the Rams should do that or anything but it would be funny.
I see CBS has Watson ranked #53 overall and Ross at 116.

1647962915001.png

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But can he catch @BonifayRam can Ben Skowronek actually catch the football? Over the years, when I've read glowing reports about certain WR's, my first question was always, can they catch? Seems like it should be the number one attribute of any receiver, but does not always seem to be.

I hope Big Ben comes back bigger & stronger, but I want sharper route running plus the ability to catch the football, when he's not facing the Quarterback. In the Super Bowl, not only did he run the wrong route and cut it short, but then he put his hand on the ball to pop it up and make it easier for an interception. Mundt could catch the football and was a discipline route runner, Ben Skowronek needs to improve in those areas to see the field more for my liking come 2022-2023.
Funny thing about Skowroneck is that at ND he caught everything. That's what made me such a fan in such a short time. His run blocking was awesome and he made a bunch of incredible grabs. The fact that he's struggled with drops is puzzling to me

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see CBS has Watson ranked #53 overall and Ross at 116.
Mocks are all over the place tbh. Deep class and a lot of wideouts. Maybe CBS has it right who knows.

One of the dudes who seems like a McVay fit is David Bell, he's listed at 59 overall by CBS but his forty time was shitty iirc. Got him on my mid to late round list. Here's a cutup of Purdue's offense vs Den's boys:

View: https://youtu.be/57G8PQYJcBg