Allen Robinson To Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
Well when someone his size actually makes nfl history and doesn't get pushed out of the league due to injuries and lack of availability because of injuries than I will give them a pass after doing zippo their first year. Don't give a fuck that he was drafted in the 2nd. I've seen ryan leaf and many, many, other much higher drafted players look like obvious busts after their first year. Sometimes its very evident early. Are you really saying you'd rather throw the ball to tutu over kupp, arob, higbee, or jefferson. Now, that's stupid.
More than 4 players will have catches for the Rams next year lol

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
More than 4 players will have catches for the Rams next year lol

I must have missed where I said that. Of course more than 4 will catch passes. Just because tutu may have the 5th or 6th most receptions this year doesn't mean shit. And believe me, he won't be higher than that. In fact, akers will have more so he MIGHT be 6th or 7th, that is if he can stay available, which I'm betting he won't. Look there's no reason to continue this debate because we don't know for sure if he can make it through a complete season, he can't, so lets pick this up mid season, when he's on IR.

jjab360

Legend
Some of you guys need to chill. If Tutu makes it, he makes it. If he doesn't, he doesn't. Either way we should be fine at the WR position. Super Bowl winning fans have no need to be this stressed out lol.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
It's funny how fandom works. I want my team to succeed. Just not that guy.

Many times for your team to be in a better position to succeed, you need to not have "that guy" on it. So who are you really a fan of, the team or that guy. I'm all for players from all walks of life, drafted, undrafted, not fast, smaller, fatter, justin bieber fans, don't care, but most players don't make it in this league where the average career is 3 years. That makes it necessary to use your eyeballs over hope when making roster decisions.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
of course. not sure what your question is. I'm saying tutu will never crack the top 4
However, he still can get a few touches a game and play a role. I mean we only have 3 starting caliber WRs right now so a lot can happen, including more injuries. So let's just say we wait and see what happens.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
However, he still can get a few touches a game and play a role. I mean we only have 3 starting caliber WRs right now so a lot can happen, including more injuries. So let's just say we wait and see what happens.

I get it. no one knows the future, and he may get a few touches a game. It's not like I have anything personal against the kid. I hope he proves me wrong. I just don't see it happening just like I didn't get why we passed up on a center to get him, especially since that center is now the highest rated center in the league. Was I wrong? Would you still draft him over humphrey? We are now paying our center 8 mil a year for that mistake and that money could be getting us gilmore or wagner. But, hey, we still have tutu. Maybe consider that when you want to keep out the slim, slim, hope that tutu will even be on the team in 2023. He won't.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
These are good problems to have.

McVay knows how to chose good people to work with. So does Belichick. (puke)

Some of you guys need to chill. If Tutu makes it, he makes it. If he doesn't, he doesn't. Either way we should be fine at the WR position. Super Bowl winning fans have no need to be this stressed out lol.

I have to agree with these guys. I keep hearing how this guy was a wasted pick and how we should cut him. That he won't crack the starting lineup and he just sucks. I remember a lot of fans saying the same thing about our TE Hopkins. I'm sure glad we didn't cut him because he actually contributed when we needed him the most, in the Superbowl. How about we all just chill out and remember that our team just won the SB. Cheers
:clinkingbeer:

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
You're the one clinging to hope when he hasn't done anything to show he won't be a bust.
You're acting like he's a 4 year vet and the book is written on him. He played half a season as a punt returner and got hurt in punt returns.

When he played WR in preseason he looked decent enough. Maybe he can improve and be a better WR this year. Especially since they *should* stop wasting his time on learning punt returns. And before you come back with the argument that it's impossible to improve while not playing/injured, that's exactly what Bryan Allen did. A lot of people wrote him off too.

You haven't even seen him play his actual position in an NFL game after arguably the best GM/HC combo in the league picked him, yet you're willing to take a stand from your couch to say that it's impossible for him to ever contribute. I'm not saying that they are right because they are the experts or that you're wrong because you're just some guy. I'm saying that if you're right it's not due to skill or ability, it's luck. Most draft picks don't make it. The second round has what, a 60 or 70% bust rate? You're not exactly going out on a limb guessing a draft pick won't turn out to be much.

I think they can figure out a way to carve out a role for him, even at his size. Whether or not he performs well enough to actually get called in for that role is the unknown.

As for his size, it's a good thing Wentz, T Lewis, Noteboom, etc are so damn big because it really saves them from injury. Hell wasn't Bradford prototypical size? Size doesn't determine injury history. That's been shown repeatedly in the NFL.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg

Like many here I saw the woods trade coming a mile away with his contract. That doesn't mean I don't want him on the team or that I don't want him to succeed. Hell, he did way more than alot of ram fans thought he would do and I was a big fan of the move to bring him here from the start. I love me some robert woods, and as much as I don't like the decision from a personal view, I understand it from the team view. Does that mean I don't like the player or that the rams don't like the player? of course not, but they made the hard choice based on what they think puts the team in a better position to succeed. It's the same thing with tutu. You're just twisting into something else. Next year, when they release tutu will you be saying the same things you're saying right now?

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
You're acting like he's a 4 year vet and the book is written on him. He played half a season as a punt returner and got hurt in punt returns.

When he played WR in preseason he looked decent enough. Maybe he can improve and be a better WR this year. Especially since they *should* stop wasting his time on learning punt returns. And before you come back with the argument that it's impossible to improve while not playing/injured, that's exactly what Bryan Allen did. A lot of people wrote him off too.

You haven't even seen him play his actual position in an NFL game after arguably the best GM/HC combo in the league picked him, yet you're willing to take a stand from your couch to say that it's impossible for him to ever contribute. I'm not saying that they are right because they are the experts or that you're wrong because you're just some guy. I'm saying that if you're right it's not due to skill or ability, it's luck. Most draft picks don't make it. The second round has what, a 60 or 70% bust rate? You're not exactly going out on a limb guessing a draft pick won't turn out to be much.

I think they can figure out a way to carve out a role for him, even at his size. Whether or not he performs well enough to actually get called in for that role is the unknown.

As for his size, it's a good thing Wentz, T Lewis, Noteboom, etc are so damn big because it really saves them from injury. Hell wasn't Bradford prototypical size? Size doesn't determine injury history. That's been shown repeatedly in the NFL.

When he was drafted I said he wouldn't finish the season...check. I said he wouldn't be better than our 5th option..check. I said we should have drafted humphrey...double check, and I don't see anything to remotely suggest that any of that will change. do you? But now that this IS the CURRENT reality, I'm the pessimist? thats just ridiculous.

Why would you want the offense to carve out a role when throwing to kupp, arob, akers, and higbee is a better option? To try and justify a bad draft pick? as good as snead is, he's not infallible, as we have seen. And, no, his size is not a good thing. When has that size been a good thing in the nfl? seriously, give one example. Prototypical size means shit, but being the smallest offensive player in the league means alot, as we have already seen, and will continue to see. You're right it's not my skilled analysis or luck, it's the history of the NFL.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
To a fault?
You'd prefer he shit talk guys publicly thereby lower their trade value? He doesnt air dirty laundry, that's not to a fault, that's being professional.
The players know straight from the horse's mouth what he thinks of them, they dont base their security on what is said at press conferences
Oh lighten up dieter Jesus.

Fact is McVay rarely says what he fucking thinks of players if it includes any negativity. And when he has, generally it precludes a move of said player. Simple point there. If you are looking for another thread duel though take your nonsense elsewhere.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Everyone is making their best guess as to how Tutu will turn out and that's ok. We have people who are calling him a bust, some who see little hope but are willing to see what happens and some who are not predicting anything and say let him try to prove himself. I honestly know where I am in this debate and will take no pleasure in being right whatsoever because it means we missed a great opportunity with that 2nd Rd pick to improve our team. I honestly believe if Tutu shows no flashes this year, he's gone by next year very easily. We'll see what happens but don't knock someone for standing firm on their stance regardless of what it is. I say just agree to disagree or if you just like going back and forth, don't go too crazy (a little crazy is ok as I enjoy the funny back and forth banter). Besides, you can always do the most logical and sensible thing to settle it once and for all.... rock, paper, and scissor that shit to death to see who's right hahahaha.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg

I have to point out how funny it is that you say

"You haven't even seen him play his actual position in an NFL game after arguably the best GM/HC combo in the league picked him, yet you're willing to take a stand from your couch to say that it's impossible for him to ever contribute. I'm not saying that they are right because they are the experts or that you're wrong because you're just some guy. I'm saying that if you're right it's not due to skill or ability, it's luck. Most draft picks don't make it. The second round has what, a 60 or 70% bust rate? You're not exactly going out on a limb guessing a draft pick won't turn out to be much."

I'm not "saying" that they are right because they're experts or that you are wrong because you're just some guy? right after "saying" exactly that? Then you prove my point by saying the 2nd round has a 60 or 70% rate and that I'm not exactly going out on a limb guessing a draft pick wont be much.

Yeah, no shit most 2nd rounders don't pan out, and we have seen nothing to think otherwise with tutu, yet despite your own words and the fact that tutu has done nothing but get hurt, you contradict yourself in acting like I'm being premature.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Its not like Snead has been flawless. He's had his share of misses. Wagner being maybe the most glaring. Grob is another. With every GM there are picks that are good but could have been better. Based on first year production Snead missed on Humphries/Atwell. Humphries was the highest graded rookie by PFF in over a decade. Tutu barely played.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I have to agree with these guys. I keep hearing how this guy was a wasted pick and how we should cut him. That he won't crack the starting lineup and he just sucks. I remember a lot of fans saying the same thing about our TE Hopkins. I'm sure glad we didn't cut him because he actually contributed when we needed him the most, in the Superbowl. How about we all just chill out and remember that our team just won the SB. Cheers
:clinkingbeer:

Wasted pick? looks more like the case than not. Should cut him? no. Won't crack the starting lineup? That's joke, right? Kupp and Arob will be the top duo in the league and obj is kinda better. Like alot better. Van jefferson has better tape. So maybe pump the brakes on the starter speculation.

I have been all for hopkins from the day we drafted him but the dynamics are different in the TE room. It was clear to many that everette was out due to his contract and that the rams couldn't keep him and higbee so we needed a new talent. And even though he has done less than tutu I still think he will eventually bring more to the success of the team.

I'm just giving my assessment of a player based on what we have seen so far, which is also the same assessment I had when the rams drafted him. If he does anything to prove otherwise I will be the first to give him props and say I was wrong

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Everyone is making their best guess as to how Tutu will turn out and that's ok. We have people who are calling him a bust, some who see little hope but are willing to see what happens and some who are not predicting anything and say let him try to prove himself. I honestly know where I am in this debate and will take no pleasure in being right whatsoever because it means we missed a great opportunity with that 2nd Rd pick to improve our team. I honestly believe if Tutu shows no flashes this year, he's gone by next year very easily. We'll see what happens but don't knock someone for standing firm on their stance regardless of what it is. I say just agree to disagree or if you just like going back and forth, don't go too crazy (a little crazy is ok as I enjoy the funny back and forth banter). Besides, you can always do the most logical and sensible thing to settle it once and for all.... rock, paper, and scissor that shit to death to see who's right hahahaha.

What I don't get is that McVay had Tavon Austin and traded him instead of using him. Tutu is similar so it's a bit puzzling to me.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
When he was drafted I said he wouldn't finish the season...check. I said he wouldn't be better than our 5th option..check. I said we should have drafted humphrey...double check, and I don't see anything to remotely suggest that any of that will change. do you? But now that this IS the CURRENT reality, I'm the pessimist? thats just ridiculous.

Why would you want the offense to carve out a role when throwing to kupp, arob, akers, and higbee is a better option? To try and justify a bad draft pick? as good as snead is, he's not infallible, as we have seen. And, no, his size is not a good thing. When has that size been a good thing in the nfl? seriously, give one example. Prototypical size means shit, but being the smallest offensive player in the league means alot, as we have already seen, and will continue to see. You're right it's not my skilled analysis or luck, it's the history of the NFL.
We get it. You were right and McVay and Snead were wrong. Why don't they just admit it was the worst pick ever and cut the guy right now?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We get it. You were right and McVay and Snead were wrong. Why don't they just admit it was the worst pick ever and cut the guy right now?

It’s not a worse pick than Tavon Austin for sure. To think The Rams resigned Austin as well.

We can all make predictions & I was upset about the trade & Tutu Atwell for getting Covid during training camp.Carberry got it as well though.

Atwell is small,but he proved me wrong & was getting some solid playing time.His catch radius though is amazing.

IMO - Tutu in 3 years is going to be on the verge of getting paid wells