All Saints Crap Here!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
El Caliente is a class Saints fan. I know there are a lot of them. My step bro and his wife are too. I think of what would've happened had we gotten a PI call just as bad as that one, we'd be outraged too. Too many factors for both sides, I just love the way that the Rams kept their composure after all that mess and went after it. Goff, JJ, Fowler, Hekker, Zeurlein, Suh heck these guys and more just kept after that W. It was looking so bad in that 1st quarter, I almost changed channels!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
It’s because there were plenty of no calls going the Rams way as well, just none as egregious as that last one.
The call was bad, but the Saints had another 59 minutes and 50 seconds of football to win.
I think Peyton did more disservice to you guys then the refs. His clock management was absolute garbage.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The Saints were a HUGE beneficiary of favorable calls against the Steelers week 16. Steeler fans felt robbed in that one.

One could argue, the Saints could (and probably should) have had home field advantage in jeopardy... or certainly would have made their week 17 game meaningful and unable to rest their starters.

While they might have missed this call, they benefited significantly just a month ago.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
The call was bad, but the Saints had another 59 minutes and 50 seconds of football to win.
I think Peyton did more disservice to you guys then the refs. His clock management was absolute garbage.

Officiating favored the Saints overall though.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good game. We all knew that it was going to come down to the refs and a final kick.
El caliente, I have to admit that I was wrong about you not coming back after we won, and for that I apologize. Kudos to you for "manning up." The Saints played one helluva a game yesterday, which is the first time I've had a chance to say after all of the "no call" commentary, where we have to defend the legitimacy of the win. That 57 yard FG was insane and so dangerous if it was missed. It was a great season for your team and you should be proud.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
You can't wait until errant officiating goes the other way to claim it alters the outcome. That's a logical fallacy called cherry picking.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
It is not like the Saints played well.

If a team can not overcome one bad call they shouldn't complain.

Rams overcame a lot of things in that game.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
El Caliente. Thanks for coming back in. Your posts have been civil since you've been here and I respect the way you have represented your team. I wish the call wouldn't have happened and the game could have been universally accepted by everyone. (I wish NCR would have looked for the football and simply intercepted the underthrown ball and took it back the other way.....). But that is football. We've had our share of non calls and bad ones through the years. That revelation doesn't make yesterday any easier to swallow. But I'm pretty sure your team will be back, w/ a vengeance next year. But thanks none the less. Please feel free to drop by w/ your thoughts. We do enjoy seeing behind the curtain now and then from other team's fans viewpoint.
Yes... class act

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
bad calls happen and they suck and we would all be fuming if it happned in reverse (see hekkers bad spot in week 9 )

BUT

what i hate most of all is that it takes over shadows all the good things the rams did to win the game

the last two drives to tie and win the game orchestrated by Goff
the way the rams D shut down MT and AK finally

rams1fan

Pro Bowler

I heard that Peyton called a run play but Brees audibles to pass on that first down with 2 minutes left.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
For the record, Saints fans aren’t mad at the Rams.
True for you, but seeing some of the Tweets over the last 12+ hours, I would say there are plenty of Saints fans saying the Rams "cheated" their way to the Superbowl. And I now see there is a petition being driven by Saints fans to have Goddell overturn the outcome based upon a very obscure rule.

From Rule 17, Section 2 (“Extraordinarily unfair acts”), Article 3 of the NFL rule book:

The Commissioner’s powers under this Section 2 include the imposition of monetary fines and draft-choice forfeitures, suspension of persons involved in unfair acts, and, if appropriate, the reversal of a game’s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred.

The sad thing about this whole issue is few will look at the game in its entirety versus 1 play lasting 4 seconds of the game.

El caliente

Rookie
Name
Andrew

El caliente

Rookie
Name
Andrew
True for you, but seeing some of the Tweets over the last 12+ hours, I would say there are plenty of Saints fans saying the Rams "cheated" their way to the Superbowl. And I now see there is a petition being driven by Saints fans to have Goddell overturn the outcome based upon a very obscure rule.

From Rule 17, Section 2 (“Extraordinarily unfair acts”), Article 3 of the NFL rule book:

The Commissioner’s powers under this Section 2 include the imposition of monetary fines and draft-choice forfeitures, suspension of persons involved in unfair acts, and, if appropriate, the reversal of a game’s result or the rescheduling of a game, either from the beginning or from the point at which the extraordinary act occurred.

The sad thing about this whole issue is few will look at the game in its entirety versus 1 play lasting 4 seconds of the game.

Well, a rule is a rule is a rule.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Except for the most obvious call of the game. Weird how that happens.
I thought there were many obvious calls missed myself. Saints fans & the Saint team have been riding high with this luck all season & had got used to expect it in each game.

I live in the deep south. I have watched a ton of Saints games for decades due to where I live. I live around numerous Saints fans. I love the culture the city & enjoy it often. I like most everything about the Saints with only one big exception...your HC. He is not someone who I would want as my HC or leader of my team. I could not work or play for him.

I posted this over a month ago & believe it....
https://ramsondemand.com/threads/mnf-saints-at-panthers.56740/page-2#post-1158223

Status
Not open for further replies.