All Saints Crap Here!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But nobody but Peter King is bringing up this one

“n. Is it just me, or did Bill Vinovich’s crew in New Orleans swallow the whistles in the second half? Look at Nickell Robey-Coleman holding Ted Ginn Jr., on a crucial third-down chance at the start of the fourth quarter. Obvious interference there. Ignored.”
The point being is that is ridiculous for those saying the Rams didn't deserve this win because of a No Call, when there was a critical No Call that happened against Jared Goff in the series before, which would have put the Rams with a first down on the 1 yard line...4 point difference (potentially)

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
The visibility of the PI call ignores the other equally bad calls that one most likely would have changed the whole dynamic of the Rams being up by four late in the fourth quarter.

You take this game as a whole considering all elements, Rams won this game.

If the Saints deserved the game, they would have won. Plain and simple.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Can’t believe Brees threw dat
Why would he even do dat
Man we really blew dat
Gonna be hard to chew dat
The NFL is rigged - let’s sue dat.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Well, a rule is a rule is a rule.
And if you can define what constitutes an "Extraordinarily unfair act," and prove the non-call on 3rd-10 is the only time this type of 'act' has ever happened since this rule has been in place, then I'll listen. Unfortunately, missed calls happen all the time throughout the season, yet nothing has been done by Goodell. I get why Saints fans are pissed, and I know if the shoe were on the other foot, I'd probably be bitter too. There were many opportunities for the Saints to put this game out of reach, which Brees made reference to, yet they didn't.

Last edited:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
No, they did pass in first down. Every Saints fan is wondering that (right after they are wondering how two refs blew the PI). Make no bones about it, that pass on first down was boneheaded, but the Saints needed yardage if they were going to win the game with a FG.

And most of us don't understand why no facemask penalty on the Saints when Goff tried to run for a touchdown. At the least it would have been half the distance and replay the down. It was also odd how many times the refs let the Saints snap the ball late. I wonder how many of them result in stalled drives, if called.

Then, I wonder why the NFL doesn't address the broken headset microphone issues. The Pats use that trick often. I am sure there are ways to prevent it.

In my viewpoint, the Rams made no effort to cheat. The Saints did, so I have no shame in a bad non call that could have sealed the win for New Orleans. There were enough calls throughout the game that could have been made that may have altered the course of the Game, like Mike Thomas pulling Roby-Coleman down by the arm in the end zone. Thomas is very good at subtly committing pass interference without refs seeing it.

Then at the end of the Game, Roby-Coleman said that he thought he screwed up with the P.I. , but he heard a ref say the ball was tipped. Which it wasn't but maybe it looked like it to that ref.

As usual the league continues to have officiating issues. Rams fans are used to having those calls go against us, so when they go our way, it's difficult to feel badly about it.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Well, a rule is a rule is a rule.

Plan and simple. The Saints did not lose that game due to one call.

Your preaching to a fan base that may have lost a SB to a game that was called ten times worse than that one missed call.

Too bad for the Saints we can't burn the tape of the PI call.

The court ruling for the NFL has long been decided.. The NFL is considered entertainment and their lawsuit will go no where fast. The Rams fans have been there done that.

You lost.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
As usual the league continues to have officiating issues. Rams fans are used to having those calls go against us, so when they go our way, it's difficult to feel badly about it.

GD right - especially against a team who secured home field advantage in the playoffs in part because of bad calls, both against us (the awful spot on the Hekker fake) and against the Steelers, where flagrant PI's by the Saints D were not called.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
The worst Saints fans (and there are many) are claiming the game was rigged. I mean if the refs rigged the game they did a really bad job of it.

Only called 3 penalties for 20 yards against the Saints,

Did not make any call that prevented Saints getting down to 20 yard in last two minutes

Made no calls to help Rams move ball in last 1:45.

Gave New Orleans a big PI call in OT.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think he got banned for a day because he wasn't supposed to be in the GDT
Yep. Was politely asked not to but did anyway. It’s water under the bridge now - kinda like them losing the game. :LOL:

El caliente

Rookie
Name
Andrew
And most of us don't understand why no facemask penalty on the Saints when Goff tried to run for a touchdown. At the least it would have been half the distance and replay the down. It was also odd how many times the refs let the Saints snap the ball late. I wonder how many of them result in stalled drives, if called.

Then, I wonder why the NFL doesn't address the broken headset microphone issues. The Pats use that trick often. I am sure there are ways to prevent it.

In my viewpoint, the Rams made no effort to cheat. The Saints did, so I have no shame in a bad non call that could have sealed the win for New Orleans. There were enough calls throughout the game that could have been made that may have altered the course of the Game, like Mike Thomas pulling Roby-Coleman down by the arm in the end zone. Thomas is very good at subtly committing pass interference without refs seeing it.

Then at the end of the Game, Roby-Coleman said that he thought he screwed up with the P.I. , but he heard a ref say the ball was tipped. Which it wasn't but maybe it looked like it to that ref.

Let’s talk about that pick in overtime.
2FED9A15-C57F-4A56-A4B0-BC07D7242077.jpeg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That was the hit (to the head) that caused the pick in OT.
Which happened to Goff in the game and wasn't called. In that play they were consistent. Just as they consistently didn't call your team for delay of game or facemask. This game was poorly officiated as Rams fans said it would be. In the end we were right but the only call people want to talk about was one of the very few that didn't go the Saints way.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Let’s talk about that pick in overtime.
View attachment 28057

A game full of none calls. Why should it change in OT. If they call face mask on Goff the game likely ends in regulation.

And a still frame of that hit looks worse than the actual hit. Fowler hit Brees arm. Momentum of Brees arm action causes the contact to his face. It wasn’t initially a blow to the head.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
That was the hit (to the head) that caused the pick in OT.
and all the face masks that the Saints did? The delay of games not called? all the holding from the Olines on both teams? what's the point? Do the refs suck? yes but both teams had opportunities and the Rams won. No conspiracy no one bad non call. Time to move on. We won Saints lost.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Fellas lets keep it classy a lot of non calls both ways that affected this game. It just worked out in our favor this time, we have been on the other side of the situation. Lets keep it respectful because if we had lost a game that way this chat would be on fire just like the Saints board.

We all know the refs have been bad all season.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yes, it was a horrible non-call and everyone here would be rightly ticked if it had happened to the Rams but let's not forget that they lost that game as much as the refs lost it for them.
Yes, and if we want to look at this in a flip flopped situation...the Rams would have had ample opportunities to erase that blown non-call by:

A) Win by playing 1 minute defense(in the Coliseum)
B) Win by scoring a TD after winning the coin toss (in the Coliseum)

What is getting overlooked is that the football Gods didn't miraculously declare the game over and take the game clock to zero right after NRC blew that dude up...which seems to be the Monday morning narrative.

The game was entirely in the Saints hands to win it after the Ginn red zone catch by running the ball, milking the clock to nearly 0:00 and kicking a chip shot game winner, but Payton called a high risk series of downs instead and the refs blew a huge call.
game continues...not over
The game was again entirely in the Saints hands when all they had to do was get two stops on defense after kicking the game winning, clock killing FG but they failed.

And yet again when they got the ball first in OT and failed.

And finally one last time when they again needed stops on defense and failed.

NFL officiating is awful. The Saints didn't get it done despite several chances at home and were outplayed. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.