Akers OUT for personal reasons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't say he has absolute no value to be honest he falls under the "change of scenery type trade" he will probably do very well for another team as a real bell cow.

I read some things that CMC could work but I would think it would be more an
Antonio Gibson type
Or Johnson on Cleveland.

I hope we could turn him into a Corbett type trade but all I want for Christmas but early is

BRIAN BURNS

He isn't AD obviously but would be great to pass the torch to when AD moves on.

And yes for a 24 yr old ascending player I'd eff them picks. That would be a no brainer. If he was 28 even 27 no but 24 absolutely
Shit I'd take that but I'm not sure Carolina will trade a young good defender. I hope they are that dumb hahaha

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Could Williams be worse though than what Akers has given us this season. I truly believe he is a good player he just needs to be "the" guy the bell cow and a change of scenery. Maybe a different scheme offensively.

Doubt he could be worse, but he is certainly an unproven entity. He could fizzle or he could blast us into something excellent, I just want him to show up to school soon.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I could see this quote from Akers not sitting well with McVay:

Before the game against the Cowboys, Akers was asked what the key was to establishing the running game.

“Probably just sticking with it, not getting away from it, being true to the run,” he said. “I think that’s the biggest thing.”

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Doubt he could be worse, but he is certainly an unproven entity. He could fizzle or he could blast us into something excellent, I just want him to show up to school soon.
Even as a rookie, he's already a better pass blocker than Akers. Probably a big plus with this O Line.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
"declined to say whether he believes Akers will be a part of the team in the future"

Oof sounds like Goff.

Looking forward to what Williams can bring but man that dude keeps getting hurt too.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Whose Practice Squad does Snead raid tonight ? :biggrin:

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I'd pass on Antonio Gibson......he got passed up by a rookie. I want a running back that's been forgotten about and has potential.
Don't feel Gibson is that, but not sure who the Rams will target. Interesting.
That’s because of 5 fumbles last year. That’s correctable. 6’2 220 with 4.4 speed, can catch, and produced on a garbage team? Sign me up.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
That’s because of 5 fumbles last year. That’s correctable. 6’2 220 with 4.4 speed, can catch, and produced on a garbage team? Sign me up.
Well there's this too and it doesn't sound so good for Gibson either

Screenshot_20221014-123124.png

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Also not saying Gibson can't be good for us but seems like Rivera wants to keep him too.
Screenshot_20221014-123554.png

Flint

Pro Bowler
Disappointing, Akers seemed like a find before the injury, elusive between the tackles with speed to get to the corner. Now he’s missing giant cutback lanes to run up the backs of blockers.
Is this gonna be one of those deals that we never find out what really went down?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
So that leaves only two RB's in Henderson & Brown, so I'm going to assume they activate Ronnie Rivers off the practice squad to be the 3rd back.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Shit I'd take that but I'm not sure Carolina will trade a young good defender. I hope they are that dumb hahaha
I agree I'm reading everywhere that pretty much everyone is available.
Who knows Rams always come out of left field with something lol

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Sure agreed 100% but litter I don't think you could get worse rt now and I understand it's not all on Akers. I also believe a big piece is not just his running but picking up assignments and getting Stafford killed just can't happen. While others have missed too he seems to do it more often and then not be effective at all. Time will tell man.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
I'd pass on Antonio Gibson......he got passed up by a rookie. I want a running back that's been forgotten about and has potential.
Don't feel Gibson is that, but not sure who the Rams will target. Interesting.

He has *major* fumble issues. That’s the only reason he got passed up by Robinson. He played receiver in college and moved to running back once he got to the league, so he’s still learning the position, but he fumbles the ball *frequently*.