Akers OUT for personal reasons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Said they're "working through some things".. Hopefully everything is personally OK but seems like he's on the trade block.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Wtf? I did say if Akers didn't look the same, we'd be smart to look at another RB.....did the Rams finally take my advice lol.......in all seriousness, something is up behind the scenes. Maybe Akers feels he's not being used right or McVay is tired of him underperforming? Questions are definitely now floating around.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don’t think this is due to a potential trade. His trade value right now would be virtually zero.
Agreed on his trade value, but he wouldn't be the first player who was traded just to get them off the roster. Slightly better optics than outright cutting him.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Wierd ass situation. Something is going on big time.

Psycho_X

Legend
Well, after watching Akers last several games completely ignore holes and the fact he really hasn’t looked all that fast or good since injury i wouldn’t be sad to not see him anymore. Henderson, Brown, and Williams back hopefully soon would be an ok rotation. We know Brown hits holes and grinds yards so I’d rather see Hendo starting, Brown spelling, and Williams as scat back option.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wtf? I did say if Akers didn't look the same, we'd be smart to look at another RB.....did the Rams finally take my advice lol.......in all seriousness, something is up behind the scenes. Maybe Akers feels he's not being used right or McVay is tired of him underperforming? Questions are definitely now floating around.
I don't think anyone is happy about Akers' situation. McVay isn't happy with Akers' attention to detail. Akers isn't happy with being hit three yards in the backfield almost every play. I really wouldn't be shocked if they decide to move on from him in some form.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
I don’t think this is due to a potential trade. His trade value right now would be virtually zero.
When you ask the coach if the guy has a future with the team and they reply with "we're working through some things", then the real answer is "no". We won't get much but he's definitely not going to be here much longer, trade or outright cut.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
So which RB does that mean we'll go after if he's gone. D'Ernest Johnson maybe? I doubt CMC due to his salary cap constraints. I could start some shit on here and say we're trading him for Danielle Hunter hahahaha

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Trade ? Doubtful, but stranger things have happened.
If Akers is OUT, and with Darrell Henderson becoming a free agent after THIS season, it certainly puts the Rams in a bind. We still haven't even gotten a snap out of Kyren Williams, ... can we expect to see Ronnie Rivers being brought up from the Practice Squad now ?