Akers OUT for personal reasons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Trade ? Doubtful, but stranger things have happened.
If Akers is OUT, and with Darrell Henderson becoming a free agent after THIS season, it certainly puts the Rams in a bind. We still haven't even gotten a snap out of Kyren Williams, ... can we expect to see Ronnie Rivers being brought up from the Practice Squad now ?
I truly believe we are targeting a trade. Gotta be a lower cost one such as D'Ernest Johnson as I don't see the Rams trading much draft capital for one.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I think he could be part of a deal… something like him and a 4th for Antonio Gibson.
I'd pass on Antonio Gibson......he got passed up by a rookie. I want a running back that's been forgotten about and has potential.
Don't feel Gibson is that, but not sure who the Rams will target. Interesting.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So which RB does that mean we'll go after if he's gone. D'Ernest Johnson maybe? I doubt CMC due to his salary cap constraints. I could start some shit on here and say we're trading him for Danielle Hunter hahahaha
I think McVay can't wait to add Williams back to the active roster.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I think McVay can't wait to add Williams back to the active roster.
I'm sure but relying solely on a rookie RB that has hardly played is foolish if you ask me. Maybe pairing him with Hendo, I guess, but I'd be underwhelmed there. Hopefully I'm proven wrong if they take that route. I still think they'll add to the running back room somehow.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I'd pass on Antonio Gibson......he got passed up by a rookie. I want a running back that's been forgotten about. Not sure who that'll be.
He’s still 6’ 223 and runs a sub 4.4.

He can get some explosives, imo and is in an awful situation.

I mean.. Commodes?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I truly believe we are targeting a trade. Gotta be a lower cost one such as D'Ernest Johnson as I don't see the Rams trading much draft capital for one.

Could be, although what I meant was I didn't believe Akers was tradable.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm sure but relying on a rookie RB that has hardly played is foolish if you ask me.
Sony Michel appears to have fallen down the Chargers depth chart. He'd be about the only plug in play guy out there.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What's surprising is that McVay gave Akers all the chances in the world last Sunday. Then he saw Akers missing the holes and ultimately decided "enough". I'm sure the fumbling didn't help either.

If I knew how I would post the gif of Michael Corleone giving Fredo the kiss of death.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
He’s still 6’ 223 and runs a sub 4.4.

He can get some explosives, imo and is in an awful situation.

I mean.. Commodes?
Yeah, but he got passed by a rookie. I just can't shake that but if he comes here, I hope he shows his good side only lol

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I wouldn't say he has absolute no value to be honest he falls under the "change of scenery type trade" he will probably do very well for another team as a real bell cow.

I read some things that CMC could work but I would think it would be more an
Antonio Gibson type
Or Johnson on Cleveland.

I hope we could turn him into a Corbett type trade but all I want for Christmas but early is

BRIAN BURNS

He isn't AD obviously but would be great to pass the torch to when AD moves on.

And yes for a 24 yr old ascending player I'd eff them picks. That would be a no brainer. If he was 28 even 27 no but 24 absolutely

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Trade ? Doubtful, but stranger things have happened.
If Akers is OUT, and with Darrell Henderson becoming a free agent after THIS season, it certainly puts the Rams in a bind. We still haven't even gotten a snap out of Kyren Williams, ... can we expect to see Ronnie Rivers being brought up from the Practice Squad now ?

Could Williams be worse though than what Akers has given us this season. I truly believe he is a good player he just needs to be "the" guy the bell cow and a change of scenery. Maybe a different scheme offensively.

Flint

Pro Bowler
We’ve all been wanting Hendo so let’s see what happens, but who’s the backup? Funk’s gone who else is there ?

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
We’ve all been wanting Hendo so let’s see what happens, but who’s the backup? Funk’s gone who else is there ?

Malcolm Brown & Ronnie Rivers. And bring up FB Roger Carter !