Aaron Donald’s contract situation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If AD really wanted out, his agent would have given an ultimatum long ago so he could settle in with his new team as soon as possible while hoping that they too would want to make him the highest paid defender in NFL history.

And there's no probability that he'd even go to a team hed prefer AND that has as good a chance of a SB or more over the next few years.

Coach says AD's texting back and their communication is an improvement from last off zeason. Im pretty sure from mcvays demeanor tthat the texts have nothing to do with being traded.

His wife's expression may have been from a bad day or constipation, or maybe she was late to go shopping on rodeo drive.

You guys are getting yourselves all worked up in a tizzy. AD is going nowhere. I'll bet my sanity on it.
That was weird. This got posted 5 times.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
All kidding aside, I hope we can lock up Donald before the season starts. We have lost too many good players the last few years. It would be nice to set a different tone in the McVay era.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
As a long time Rams fan, I must confess that I'm a little bit of a bigger fan of Offense and I'm not easily persuaded to just pay AD what every his agent asks based on the current and future market value for a "hall of fame" defensive tackle.

I will also confess that.............

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS More often than the Offense does.

raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa:ca443f4786.jpg

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Wait a second. Is this the 83 year old ggilf who left me for that 40 year old piece of eye candy? You whore!!

Ggilf? Wait a second. You said you were just visiting her, and that she would tell you stories “from the Great War”. No. I’m the amputee you used to play “Swab the deck” with. YOU sir, are the whore!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
To answer the question of would you rather have TG30 and AD99 or 2 firsts and 25mil in space. For me it is easy give me the 2 players at the top of their game. I would honestly rather have TG and AD Than 4 firsts.....4 firsts just gives you a chance to be the Brown's. AD and TG give you a chance to win championships

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Ggilf? Wait a second. You said you were just visiting her, and that she would tell you stories “from the Great War”. No. I’m the amputee you used to play “Swab the deck” with. YOU sir, are the whore!

Well, yes, of course I'M a whore, so after story time we'd play sink the Bismarck. Wait a second. Is this Peg? Peg, the Leg? You still owe me 20 bucks for sandpaper and wood stain.

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
a question for everyone would you rather have Donald and no gulley or 2 first round draft picks and 23 to25 mil in cap savings

If the figures are unrealistic:

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to get him signed long term but, 2 -1’s and 25 mil in cap space is going to keep this team together more than .......

Tag him for the next 3 years and then trade.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Cant wait until we announce his new deal, so so all these AD post can be flush down the toilet He's a HOFer peeps relax

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The Rams seem content to play the long game with Aaron Donald
by Steve Rivera19 hours ago
https://ramblinfan.com/2018/05/17/los-angeles-rams-aaron-donald-6/

It’s hard to imagine that the Los Angeles Rams and the 2017 Defensive Player of the Year still don’t have an agreement on a long term deal. But heading into a long summer, Aaron Donald is still on the outside looking in.

The Los Angeles Rams and defensive tackle Aaron Donald are where they have been for some time now. For a long, long time now. If you listen to head coach Sean McVay, he again is saying all the right things, always hopeful, and sounding “optimistic” about the future between both.Now, it’s only a matter of when.

When, indeed. That said, as the waiting game trudges on, one thing is clear: the Rams seem in no hurry to wrap this up. For McVay, one relief is that both are communicating more this offseason than last, when the first year head coach was still getting his feet wet.

“He’s responding more than he was at this time last year, so that’s what I feel good about.”

He’d feel much better if an end was in sight for the reigning Defensive Player of the Year and for the organization who still can’t or won’t get this done.

I’ve written that time is on the side of the Rams. But as much as they have been downright giddy about signing wide receiver Brandin Cooks to a long term deal, the opposite appears with Donald. Perhaps a sign that trouble may lie ahead with how or when Los Angeles is able to put this behind them. But at some point, it’s thoroughly reasonable to wonder what in the world is preventing the best defensive player in the game from realizing the payday he’s both due, and will eventually get?

It doesn’t seem terribly complicated, but the message it sends down the road could be a bad one for a team definitely on the rise.If fans are to be concerned with anything, it’s the probability that the good will which has existed between Donald and LA could eventually disappear, and a greater impasse develops.

Status
Not open for further replies.